Lincoln Heights: ABC Family TV Series Cancelled, No Season Five

Lincoln HeightsIt looks like the story of the Sutton clan has come to an end. ABC Family has quietly decided to cancel Lincoln Heights after four seasons.

Lincoln Heights tells the story of Officer Eddie Sutton (Russell Hornsby) who moves his family back to his old neighborhood. Other castmembers include Erica Hubbard, Nikki Micheaux, Rhyon Brown, Mishon Ratliff, Robert Adamson, and Michael Reilly Burke.

The TV show debuted on January 8, 2007 and the first season was successful enough to warrant a renewal by March. At that point, it was one of the cable channel’s higher performers in the key demographics.

While announcing that the second season would kick off in September 2007, ABC Family President Paul Lee said, “We really think we have something unique here… The fact that it’s an African American family drama alone separates it from the crowd, but its terrific cast and superb writing also make it truly special and perfect for ABC Family.”

Should Lincoln Heights have been cancelled?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Following season two, it took several months for ABC Family to decide to bring Lincoln Heights back for a third round. They finally did and that kicked off in September 2008. The audience grew and the show became the cable channel’s top performer among Females 12-34 and Female teens. It didn’t take as long to renew the series for year four.

Season four kicked off in September 2009. It ended up being one of the channel’s weaker programs of 2009, being outperformed by other ABC Family shows, including cancelled Kyle XY.

No specific reason was given for the Lincoln Heights cancellation. However, though it’s been favored by some critics, the series has never been a big hit for the cable channel and has only been given 10 episode renewals each season.

What do you think? Are you upset or surprised that the series has been cancelled? Do you think the last episode of Lincoln Heights is a worthwhile series finale?

Canceled and renewed TV show

1,547 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. kwhite says

We need a season 5 it always seems like the shows that are excellent and people can relate to them they always seem to be the ones to get canceled and they keep the boring ones. I would love to see this show come back so mad.

2. Anonymous says

THIS SHOW IS EVERY WHERE NETFLIX..
    COMCAST ON DEMAND..
    But its not enuff this show changes lives for at risk youth in America
    KEEP HOPE BRING SEASON FIVE.

3. kbreezy says

This show not only crossed a lot of barriers for a teenage kid. It also showed parents the different stages that your kids go through. Whether male or female kids relate to the out look that each character faced from adult to child. This show changed my life now that I’m 22 I wish there were more of this show to teach my family we can make it.

4. Liz says

Please bring back Lincoln Heights!!! It was the best show ever.
    I watched it from the first season till the end. This was an amazing show with valuable
    Lessons about life. We need season 5!!!!

5. Nelz says

I loved Lincoln height I agree that this show had life lessons on it and it showed how family sticks together no matter what the circumstances are .. I think Lincoln height should come out with more seasons

6. Bridget says

I am very upset that there isn’t a season 5 I think there should be Lincoln heights is a great show and shouldn’t have canceled!

7. Samiyah Harris says

I watched every episode of Lincoln Heights and I am mad that the show is not continuing! This show has made a change in my life and made me realize things I didn’t before! There’s no reason this show should not continue.. It’s a great show and is worth saving

8. nilsa says

I wish they would make more seasons because it does give life lessons and also helps us learn new things and help out our own cummunties.. please bring a season 5 and also a season 6 and more!!