Longmire: Season Three Ratings

Longmire TV show on A & E ratingsBased on the “Walt Longmire” mystery novels by Craig Johnson, Longmire has been a very successful TV series for A&E in the ratings. Will that trend continue? Will the show be cancelled or renewed for a fourth season? Stay tuned!

Longmire follows the life of a Wyoming county sheriff who’s returned to work following his wife’s demise. With the support of his family and co-workers, he solves cases and works to stay in office. The cast includes Robert Taylor, Katee Sackhoff, Bailey Chase, Adam Bartley, Cassidy Freeman, and Lou Diamond Phillips.

The ratings are typically the best indication of a show’s likelihood of staying on the air. The higher the ratings, the better the chances for survival. This chart will be updated as new ratings data becomes available.

For comparisons: The second season of Longmire attracted a 0.8 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 3.7 million total viewers.

Note: These are the final national numbers and are typically released within 24 hours of the programming or, in the case of weekends and holidays, a couple days later.

What do you think? Do you like the Longmire TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or be renewed for a fourth season?

Mary Ann July 16, 2014 at 8:49 am

I look forward to watching every week and I truly hope and am keeping my fingers crossed that Longmire will be renewed for the fourth season..

It is one of the best shows I’ve seen in too many years to count…

BJ Alred July 15, 2014 at 12:24 pm

Best show on TV !

ami July 14, 2014 at 11:32 pm

Absolutely love Longmire. There is no question that it should be renewed.

WERSTERN July 14, 2014 at 11:29 pm

Besides Survivorman , Swamp People , Hillbilly Blood , River Renegades , Northwoods Law , Alaska State Troopers , and all those types of shows. This is the only show i watch , everything else SUCKS. If Corparate monkeys know there asss from there heads they will continue to give the people what they want. LONGMIRE thankyou

hp gregory July 14, 2014 at 7:17 am

longmire is a great show. it has interesting story lines that can keep you on the edge of your seat trying to figure things out. the actors are convincing in their roles. its a good mixture of old west and modern times. i look forward to each and every show and feel bad when the short season is over. the show can spread in so many directions it could go on for years and still stay fresh. its a great show with great actors in a great location with great storys. its certainly a wonderful change from some of the crap thats on tv these days. please keep it going. hp gregory

Carol Coker July 13, 2014 at 8:30 pm

Love the show. It reminds me of NCIS. Manly men!!! It is good to see

Debra July 12, 2014 at 6:20 pm

Love the show please don’t cancel. has a great storyline and is one of the best if not the best shows during the summer.

huskerjo July 12, 2014 at 6:15 pm

Great show. Keep it coming.

Ellen Metcalfe July 11, 2014 at 7:57 am

Best show in a long time. We need a good western without all the blood and gore, sex, and deviousness. There is just enough of each to make for a good story. RENEW IT!!!!

David Harper July 10, 2014 at 8:26 pm

One of the best series in decades!

Jim Brazee July 8, 2014 at 2:38 pm

I completely agree with all the recommendation to renew this unique program. It has excellent actors, beautiful scenery, good plot lines and keeps your interest. I look forward to each new episode. I do think that it has been under advertsed and that more viewers would become addicted to it if there was more publicity given to it. I stumbled across it by accident one night! Good, solid programs like this are few and far in between. RENEW the series!! Please!!!

Pat Morgan July 8, 2014 at 12:48 pm

Why is that they get a good show and try to end it? Its interesting and develops nicely. I have seen this strange behaviour for many seasons on many shows. Then they replace a unique show with a remake of a rather stupid show. Longmire is unique and has much room for expansion to dump it in now would be rediculous. Do NOT cancel it. If you have bring it back or sell it to a venue that appreciates unique shows.

snowdogmom July 8, 2014 at 9:32 am

Season 3 has been great so far. This is the only show I never miss. Well acted and different than anything else that is on. Ratings do not reflect how well this show is liked. I know a lot of people that watch it on demand, record it via DVR, and watch online. Most people watch the episodes more than once. I hope A&E is smart enough to renew for season 4 and order more episodes than 10. This is the only quality show A&E has in it’s lineup.

Karen Moore July 8, 2014 at 12:10 am

I Love the show! The hour each week goes by too fast. Look forward to each episode . Robert Taylor does a great job of playing Walt Longmire – so much like the book, in my opinion! Love LDP as Standing Bear as well. Please renew the show for the fourth season, and add more episodes . ( I’ve promoted the show to friends who have started watching it.)

Richard Jones July 7, 2014 at 11:54 pm

I watch the following shows,Duck Dynasty,deadliest catch,longmire and sports,tv food. Longmire is the only one I will not miss and wish it was 20 episodes. Cannot get enough. Honesty,integrity,humble. Need more shows like this.