Medium: TV Show Cancelled; No Season Eight

MediumCBS hasn’t announced that Medium has been cancelled but, while attending an event last weekend, Patricia Arquette said that the show will indeed be ending this season.

Like her character, series star Arquette can indeed see the future. Now, Medium creator Glenn Gordon Caron has confirmed that the drama is finished. Of the last episode, Caron wrote, “Allison Dubois will dream her last dream on Medium Friday, January 21st. In what we believe will be a series defining episode, Allison and her family will stare destiny in the eye. And destiny will not blink.”

The ratings for Medium have taken a real hit this season. Despite frequently winning its timeslot, the drama has averaged a 1.3 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 6.41 million viewers. CBS reduced the number of episodes to just 13 as a result.

What do you think? How would you like to see Medium end? Should some of the characters die or should Allison lose her abilities? How about Joe and Allison finally getting a good night’s sleep?

T Simmons February 1, 2011 at 12:07 pm

My familyhas been watching Medium from the first episode and we aboloutly loved it. The way you chose to end the series was just wrong.

Anonymous January 31, 2011 at 5:55 pm

why was medium cancelled this was the best show on television

kerry January 31, 2011 at 3:26 pm

This was one of the best shows on tv – I looked forward to it each and everyweek and I watch all the reruns when I can find them on tv. Cancelling this show was just plain dumb of the network execs. If the ratings were down – its because of the time slot they put it in – which should be obvious enough just by the fact that it won top rating for that time slot. If CBS had put it in a better time slot the ratings would be through the roof. Sad, sad, sad. Oh and as for the ending – it was plain stupid, stupid, stupid.

Ted and Fadia Gillebaard January 31, 2011 at 1:09 pm

The DVR came to late. We watched this show in rerun form and first-run form. Catching up on all the episodes we had missed (truly the DVR was the greatest thing to be introduced for families with growing kids).And boy did they have a great cast of supporting characters…we thought for sure Dr. Death (Kelsey Grammar) would make another visit. But this just goes to show you that hollywood is not based on Art, but revenue. The ending was abrupt, whoever heard of a six-year old show ending in January. Shows you what they thought of us viewers. Oh well. At least the show taught us the truth – happiness does not come from a show, but from a family.

Debra Freudenberg January 30, 2011 at 9:05 pm

It was truly a shock to see the way they ended this remarkable show. I hope it was all a dream and they bring the show back. I am so upset about this ending that I will not be watching CBS anymore. It was a horrible ending that left my daughter and I very upset. It ended so abruptly without warning like it was written in 2 hours — It was a horrible way out for the viewers and I do not know anyone who thought it was good.

Cheree January 30, 2011 at 8:29 pm

OH NO! My husband and I watched this show faithfully for 7 years. We were shocked and saddened to see this end so abruptly. One of the most creative shows ever….

Charlene Rollins January 30, 2011 at 6:48 pm

I am very upset that the Medium was cancelled, it was so refreshing to see a show with such great acting, the mother, father and the kids were so much fun to watch. I always looked forward to what the next episode would bring. This is truely a loss of good, clean TV show. Seems like all we will be left with is another just another reality show. The ending show have been happy and not the death of the favorite mother and father, also it was not very nice to give no warning that the show was cancelled.

andrea hayes January 30, 2011 at 4:27 pm

CBS should not pull Medium! Its a great show and we all look forward to watching it on Friday night.

Gail H January 30, 2011 at 10:52 am

I will miss this series, and will invest in the DVD’s. Patricia Arquette was excellent in the show. I liked how ordinary the family felt, and the mom and pop stayed together!!

Sam Jones January 29, 2011 at 7:05 pm

Aren’t CBS the same clowns who’d cancelled Jericho?

Bec January 28, 2011 at 4:43 pm

I LOVED the show until I see the real Allision on BH Housewives………I think that is why they cancelled it.

megan January 30, 2011 at 2:01 pm

I thought that, too. The real AD seems absolutely horrible. I also thought it might have been canceled because Kelsey Grammar is the show’s producer, and his ex Camille was friends with the real Alison Dubois. No marriage, no producing a show about your friend…

Lori March 2, 2011 at 12:54 pm

I think the same thing ~ because of the real Alison Dubois being a complete whack job and dreadful person on national tv (the absolute opposite of the way she is written on the show – and then played so wonderfully by Patricia Arquette). I believe it’s because she is friends with Kelsey Grammar’s ex wife. Too bad really. Medium was our “date night” show and had been for years~ I loved it and can’t believe it ended so abruptly. Way wrong answer CBS!

Rena January 28, 2011 at 1:32 pm

I cried my eyes out…I still cry when I think about it. I loved the show!!!! I had no idea it was ending. I did not like the finale at all. The got hooked on the show because of the wonderful relationship with Joe and Allison. How could the make him die!! They should have spent the rest of their lives together and lived happily ever after. Why couldn’t that take her “gift” away instead. Isn’t this sappose to be based on real people. The real Joe is alive. They could have had a “reunion” movie later too. I will miss it truely (I’m crying again)..

JOHN ZAIKOWSKI January 28, 2011 at 12:11 pm

MY WIFE AND I WERE AVID FANS OF MEDIUM, AS WELL AS OTHER
FAMILY MEMBERS AND FRIENDS.
WE WILL SORELY MISS THE SERIES.
THE END CAME WITH NO WARNING TO US!
WHY? I THINK THE FRIDAY NIGHT 8:OO PM TIME SLOT
WAS THE PROBLEM.
CAN THE SERIES BE REVIVED? HOPEFULLY SO.
THE SAME CAN BE SAID FOR “THE UNIT” SERIES.
IT’S A SHAME WHEN A WELL WRITTEN, AND VERY ENTERTAINING
SERIES IS CANCELLED…….AND SOME OF THE SHOWS THAT
TAKE THEIR TIME SLOTS ARE NO BETTER THEN TEST
PATTERNS ON THE SCREEN!

Barbara January 27, 2011 at 10:15 pm

I was sad when ghost whisperer was canceled tho I believe that was not CBS. Now medium is cancelled. I know I have seen some new shows starting soon that look good by the commercials but nothing with the spiritual aspect. I like to think that seeing or talking to the dead is possible. I believe that getting clues about the future or that people even get clues that things will happen good or bad. Loved both those shows very much.

Sandy January 27, 2011 at 10:05 pm

I know I shouldn’t get so attached to a TV show, but after I began watching this show on a friend’s recommendation, I was hooked! It was my one escape from the daily grind. I will truly miss the show and the special relationship between Allison, Joe and their girls. I thought the writers did a fabulous job. I am saddened that CBS cancelled this wonderful show. A really bad decision on their part. So long CBS!