Mistresses: To Be Cancelled or Renewed for Season Three?

Mistresses TV show on ABC: season 3 or canceled?Last night’s second season finale of Mistresses left fans with a whole lot of cliffhangers but, will they ever be resolved? Will the ABC summer drama be renewed for a third season or, will it be cancelled instead?

Based on a British series of the same name, Mistresses revolves around the lives and loves of four female friends whose lives are complicated by their personal and romantic relationships. Performers include Alyssa Milano, Rochelle Aytes, Yunjin Kim, Jes Macallan, Jason George, and Brett Tucker.

Last summer, ABC made a surprising move when they renewed this new low-rated drama. While the series wasn’t a success with a broad audience, it did have a small group of very devoted fans.

If the network execs were hoping that the numbers would grow this season, they’ve likely been disappointed. Season two is down by 15% in the 18-49 demographic and about 3% in total viewership. Will these numbers be good enough to see the show renewed? We’ll have to wait and see. Word is that a decision will be made within the next month.

If Mistresses is cancelled, executive producer K.J. Steinberg says, “If we have the misfortune of not getting [renewed], we still feel that we’ve told some great stories this season and ended the series on some great, great questions… Ultimately, these women’s lives go on — and the complications keep tracing back to every action they’ve taken since the pilot. That feeling and that train keep moving. If it ends here, it would be very, very sad for us. But if I had known that it would end here, I don’t think I would have ended it any other way.”

What do you think? Do you still like the Mistresses TV show? Should it be renewed for a third season or should it be cancelled this time? Should the season have ended with so many cliffhangers?

Update: ABC has renewed Mistresses for a third season. Details here.

Malin Namei September 4, 2014 at 4:31 am

Please renew it. I ‘m so addicted to this show. It must go on!

Shalyn lewallem September 4, 2014 at 3:09 am

Please don’t cancel, I look forward to it Mondays, have watched it since the beginning. Such a great show !!!

Anonymous September 4, 2014 at 3:07 am

Love the show mistresses!!!!! Please continue with the 3rd season!!!

teresa mccarty September 4, 2014 at 2:10 am

this season was even better than last you can’t leave us hanging!

Anonymous September 4, 2014 at 1:23 am

PLEEEEAASSSEEE renew! This is my favorite show. Never missed an episode and I’ve been watching since season one. Don’t let it end like this

cartergk September 4, 2014 at 1:04 am

Please keep the show I love it

Clarissa September 4, 2014 at 1:02 am

Please keep the show on! I don’t really watch TV But I have watched every show since the beginning!

Anonymous September 4, 2014 at 1:00 am

BIG fan of the show, but wtf happened with this season 2 finale?? It was the worst thing i have ever seen, i know its a show and all but who hooks up with there brother in law, you are making the viewers hate the caracters they fell in love with, does Joss (the one who loves and cares son much about family) have any respect for her sister? I dont think so. You gave her the perfect guy to marry and she still manages to fuck that up, come on guys couldn’t you make him up to be a cheater or something?? No the guy is a HOT plastic surgent that loves Joss and would do anything for her and she fucks it all up with Harry?!?!??! This is just crazy writing, i would like to see the show go for a season 3 but people, people, people try to make some sense when writing about women we are not all bitches!

sylvie September 4, 2014 at 12:55 am

Please renew it. Love it! It’s smart, funny and addictive. I’m looking forward to discovering what’s gonna happen next.

Heidi September 4, 2014 at 12:26 am

Please…if cancelling this show at least have a series finale to wrap up the cliffhangers.

Anonymous September 4, 2014 at 12:08 am

Please renew this show!!!! I love love love this show and never miss a week of it!!!! Please renew for another great season!!!! LOVE IT!!!!

Anonymous September 3, 2014 at 11:32 pm

You have to keep this show!! Pleeeeeaase!

Candyce Cabe September 3, 2014 at 11:10 pm

I love his show and I did not see the whole first season but p lease do not cancel this super fun show.

Bring on Season Three!!

keesha September 3, 2014 at 10:42 pm

This is one of best shows I have seen in years. I rarely watch TV but make sure I watch every episode of Mistresses. Please help us advocate for another season. I would love to see what transpires next.

Abigail September 3, 2014 at 10:41 pm

Please remain to renew season 3 .