Monday Mornings

monday mornings tv show on tntNetwork: TNT
Episodes: 10 (hour)
Seasons: One

TV show dates: February 4, 2013 – April 8, 2013
Series status: Cancelled

Performers include: Jamie Bamber, Jennifer Finnigan, Bill Irwin, Alfred Molina, Sarayu Rao, Ving Rhames, Keong Sim, and Emily Swallow.

current TV show

TV show description:
This medical drama follows the staff of Chelsea General Hospital in Portland, Oregon as they push their abilities and confront their personal and professional failings.

Doctors face life-and-death decisions every day as they fight against often-impossible odds to save their patients. When things don’t go as they should, it’s up to their medical colleagues to determine what went wrong and what can be learned.

Every Monday, the doctors of Chelsea General must gather with their peers for a confidential review of complications and errors in patient care.

Leading the hospital staff are Doctor Harding Hooten (Alfred Molina) and Doctor Jorge Villanueva (Ving Rhames).

Hooten is the steely-eyed Chief of Staff, speaks softly but carries a massive stick. He was nicknamed “Hardly Human” long ago for his exacting, punishing ways during the weekly morbidity and mortality meetings.

Villanueva, known as El Gato, is a giant of a man. He is also perhaps the most celebrated trauma chief in the country — clearly the elephant in this circus. El Gato’s seat-of-the-pants diagnoses are the stuff of legend around Chelsea General.

Their cadre of medical talent includes:

Doctor Tyler Wison (Jamie Bamber), a hotshot neurosurgeon who has a well-earned god complex. Doctor Tina Ridgeway (Jennifer Finnigan), a compassionate neurosurgeon who’s willing to fight for cases that may seem like lost causes to others. Her home life is in turmoil so she finds refuge at the hospital.

Doctor Sung Park (Keong Sim) is a Korean-American and is abrupt socially and English-challenged. He’s also ambitious to the core with his searing intensity being palpable. Doctor Sydney Napur (Sarayu Rao) is a cardiothoracic surgeon who’s married to the job. A compulsive multi-tasker, she speaks quickly and takes absolutely no prisoners.

Doctor Buck Tierney (Bill Irwin) is the hospital’s Chief of Transplantation. A man driven to the point of bullish, he is least liked among the Chelsea General staff. Doctor Michelle Robidaux (Emily Swallow) is a twenty-something resident. Inexperienced yet eager, she is finding her footing among experienced giants.
space

Series Finale

Episode #10 — Family Ties
Hooten and Buck find themselves facing off in court against attorney Mitch Tompkins (guest Anthony Heald) after a grieving son refuses to comply with his mother’s final wishes.

Sydney’s outrage over the health of a morbidly obese 16-year-old boy further strains her relationship with Lieberman (guest Jonathan Silverman). And a seemingly harmless patient (guest Kenneth Mitchell) puts one of Chelsea General’s own in grave danger.
First aired: April 8, 2013.

space
What do you think? Do you like the Monday Mornings TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for another season?

Georgana January 14, 2014 at 12:29 pm

Monday Mornings is one of the best tv shows ever. I sincerely hope it comes back.

Tashana Small January 12, 2014 at 9:10 am

This was a great show. I hope it’s reconsidered.

Tashana Small January 12, 2014 at 8:46 am

OMG I miss this show so much! I am a law and order SVU,criminal minds and NCIS kind of girl. When this show started I was so happy to have something to watch with a thrill that was so unpredictable. I work in the medical field. My co-workers and I looked forward to laughing and talking about each and every episode lol. I remember I was rushing home from work to watch it. I got home and basketball playoffs was playing in its time slot. I said to myself ok maybe it’ll come on next week,with no warning it just never came back on. I was truly disappointed. By far it was a great show.

Jim Statesville NC January 11, 2014 at 9:36 pm

This is like, total B.S. One of the best shows on TV that actually made the audience use their minds and the suits at TNT cut it. I say ‘Cut the Suits!’. BS, I tell you.

Fc christian January 11, 2014 at 4:11 pm

The show was brilliantly written and should hav been renewed. Who r the idiots who decide to keep or get rid of shows? They don’t know quality writing. Anytime David Kelly is writing it is a hit and winner.

Robin newman January 10, 2014 at 9:52 pm

Loved this show. Miss it was looking forward for next season but I can’t find plz bring it back is 100%better show than gray Atonmy

Robin newman January 10, 2014 at 9:49 pm

Loved this show been waiting for it to come back on. I think is 100%better they grays Atonmy. plz bring it back

P. January 9, 2014 at 3:43 pm

I thought it was a great show. Maybe it was the name of the show that caused it not to be seen by a lot of people. I thought the story lines were always very interesting and you could never predict if they were going to get yelled at in the meetings or if they were going to get praised. I really liked all of the characters too. I hope it is not cancelled.

Barbara Gordon January 8, 2014 at 7:57 am

I see television shows frequently that I can predict will tank in a few weeks. I didn’t see this one coming. It’s controversial and makes you think…even become a little uncomfortable with the medical outcomes. The acting was superb. What? wrong time slot? Fix it!!!

Marianne Stanton January 7, 2014 at 6:52 pm

Loved it. Want it back.
Should not have been surprised it was cancelled. It had substance, the majority of people seem drawn to mindless dribble.

Lori Agovino-Reid January 7, 2014 at 2:21 am

Please bring this show back! It is brilliant and we all need to be reminded about the human condition….. Starting to wonder if D.E. Kelley did step on any toes, loved Boston Legal and Harry’s law. Such a talented written.

Lori Agovino-Reid January 7, 2014 at 2:09 am

Love this show!!!! Absolutely one of my favorite programs. Gives viewers a heart wrenching look at the human condition. I believe this show needs more press or pitched to one of the big 4 national networks. We should all be so lucky to have monday morning meetings to keep us in touch with what really matters, each other.
Humanity and peace.

Millie January 6, 2014 at 4:29 pm

I don’t think it got enough press

Edie Ross January 6, 2014 at 9:55 am

My favorite show, I want them back.

Carol January 4, 2014 at 4:44 pm

Want the show back one of my favorites