Nikita: Ratings for the 2011-2012 TV Season

Nikita ratingsHere are the ratings for the Nikita TV show. Beautiful and dangerous Nikita (Maggie Q) continues to combat the secret government-funded organization known as Division. The second season of Nikita typically airs Friday nights at 8pm on The CW network.

These are the TV show’s ratings for the 2011-12 season, the best way to tell if Nikita will be cancelled or renewed for a third season. Check out our CW ratings report card to see how this show’s numbers compare with the others on the network.

Final season two averages: 0.5 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 1.54 million total viewers.

Episode 02-23: Friday, 05/18/12 (season finale)
0.4 in the demo (0% episode-to-episode change) with 1.42 million; fifth in the timeslot.
Season average: 0.50 in the demo with 1.54 million.
Demo average rank: tied for #11 of 14 TV shows on the network (Fall 2011 – Spring 2012).

Episode 02-22: Friday, 05/11/12
0.4 in the demo (0% episode-to-episode change) with 1.25 million; fifth in the timeslot.
Season average: 0.50 in the demo with 1.55 million.

Update: Nikita has been renewed for a third season.

Episode 02-21: Friday, 05/04/12
0.4 in the demo (0% episode-to-episode change) with 1.22 million; fifth in the timeslot.
Season average: 0.51 in the demo with 1.56 million.
Demo average rank: #11 of 14 TV shows on the network (Fall 2011 – Spring 2012).

Episode 02-20: Friday, 04/27/12
0.4 in the demo (0% episode-to-episode change) with 1.29 million; fifth in the timeslot.
Season average: 0.52 in the demo with 1.58 million.
Demo average rank: #11 of 14 TV shows on the network (Fall 2011 – Spring 2012).

Episode 02-19: Friday, 04/20/12
0.4 in the demo (0% episode-to-episode change) with 1.39 million; fifth in the timeslot.
Season average: 0.52 in the demo with 1.60 million.
Demo average rank: #11 of 13 TV shows on the network (Fall 2011 – Spring 2012).

Episode 02-18: Friday, 03/30/12
0.4 in the demo (-20% episode-to-episode change) with 1.32 million; fifth in the timeslot.
Season average: 0.53 in the demo with 1.61 million.
Demo average rank: #11 of 13 TV shows on the network (Fall 2011 – Spring 2012).

Episode 02-17: Friday, 03/23/12
0.5 in the demo (+25% episode-to-episode change) with 1.46 million; fifth in the timeslot.
Season average: 0.54 in the demo with 1.63 million.
Demo average rank: #11 of 13 TV shows on the network (Fall 2011 – Spring 2012).

Episode 02-16: Friday, 03/16/12
0.4 in the demo (-20% episode-to-episode change) with 1.51 million; fifth in the timeslot.
Season average: 0.54 in the demo with 1.64 million.
Demo average rank: #10 of 13 TV shows on the network (Fall 2011 – Spring 2012).

Episode 02-15: Friday, 2/17/12
0.5 in the demo (0% episode-to-episode change) with 1.51 million; fifth in the timeslot.
Season average: 0.55 in the demo with 1.65 million.
Demo average rank: #10 of 12 TV shows on the network (Fall 2011 – Spring 2012).

Episode 02-14: Friday, 02/10/12
0.5 in the demo (0% episode-to-episode change) with 1.45 million; fifth in the timeslot.
Season average: 0.55 in the demo with 1.66 million.
Demo average rank: #10 of 12 TV shows on the network (Fall 2011 – Spring 2012).

Episode 02-13: Friday, 02/03/12
0.5 in the demo (0% episode-to-episode change) with 1.46 million; fifth in the timeslot.
Season average: 0.56 in the demo with 1.68 million.
Demo average rank: #10 of 12 TV shows on the network (Fall 2011 – Spring 2012).

Episode 02-12: Friday, 01/13/12:
0.5 in the demo (-17% episode-to-episode change) with 1.49 million; fifth in the timeslot.
Season average: 0.56 in the demo with 1.70 million.
Demo average rank: #9 of 10 TV shows on the network (Fall 2011 – Spring 2012).

Episode 02-11: Friday, 01/6/12
0.6 in the demo (+20% episode-to-episode change) with 1.56 million; fifth in the timeslot.
Season average: 0.57 in the demo with 1.72 million.
Demo average rank: #9 of 10 TV shows on the network (Fall 2011 – Spring 2012).

Episode 02-10: Friday, 12/02/11
0.5 in the demo (-17% week-to-week change) with 1.68 million; tied for fourth in the timeslot.
Season average: 0.57 in the demo with 1.74 million.
Demo average rank: #9 of 10 TV shows on the network (Fall 2011 – Spring 2012).

Episode 02-09: Friday, 11/18/11
0.6 in the demo (0% week-to-week change) with 1.79 million; fifth in the timeslot.
Season average: 0.57 in the demo with 1.74 million.
Demo average rank: #9 of 10 TV shows on the network (Fall 2011 – Spring 2012).

Episode 02-08: Friday, 11/11/11
0.6 in the demo (0% week-to-week change) with 1.89 million; fifth in the timeslot.
Season average: 0.57 in the demo with 1.74 million.
Demo average rank: #9 of 10 TV shows on the network (Fall 2011 – Spring 2012).

Episode 02-07: Friday, 11/04/11
Season average: 0.57 in the demo with 1.72 million.
Demo average rank: #9 of 10 TV shows on the network (Fall 2011 – Spring 2012).

Episode 02-06: Friday, 10/28/11
0.6 in the demo (0% week-to-week change) with 1.77 million; fifth in the timeslot.
Season average: 0.57 in the demo with 1.71 million.
Demo average rank: #9 of 10 TV shows on the network (Fall 2011 – Spring 2012).

Episode 02-05: Friday, 10/21/11
0.6 in the demo (+20% week-to-week change) with 1.69 million; fifth in the timeslot.
Season average: 0.6 in the demo with 1.7 million.
Demo rank: #9 of 10 TV shows currently on the network (Fall 2011 – Spring 2012).

Episode 02-04: Friday, 10/14/11
0.5 in the demo (0% week-to-week change) with 1.65 million; fifth in the timeslot.
Season average: 0.6 in the demo with 1.7 million.
Demo average rank: #9 of 10 TV shows on the network (Fall 2011 – Spring 2012).

Episode 02-03: Friday, 10/7/11
0.5 in the demo (-17% week-to-week change) with 1.57 million; fifth in the timeslot.
Season average: 0.6 in the demo with 1.72 million.
Demo average rank: #9 of 10 scripted TV shows on the network (Fall 2011 – Spring 2012).

Episode 02-02: Friday, 9/30/11
It was another 0.6 rating this week with 1.73 million. While it’s positive that the series didn’t lose any points, this is still way lower than what the network had last year.
Season average: 0.6 demo with 1.79 million.

Episode 02-01: Friday, 9/23/11
Year-to-year, the premiere of Nikita was down by 57% with a 0.6 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 1.85 million viewers. That’s not a completely fair comparison though considering that the series is now on Friday nights. Compared to last season’s debut of Smallville, in the same timeslot, the network was down 54%. Either way you look at it, Nikita had a terrible kick off for the new season.

Reference point: The 2010-11 season averaged a 0.9 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 2.37 million viewers.

What do you think? Do you like the Nikita TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or be renewed for a third season?

Marci February 4, 2012 at 4:24 pm

Nikita is a show the CW needs to bring in the older viewers and not just the young ones.
I love Nikita because it has suspense, action etc.etc.etc. and like all the actors in it, especially Roan because you never know who side he is really on.

Jason January 17, 2012 at 8:22 am

Please don’t cancel Nikita it is my favorite show on tv. I am 38 and Nikita is the only reason I watch the Cw. I Usually only watch USA network (white collar, burn notice, psych, etc) but not on Friday!! I don’t understand why this show isn’t getting more viewers but I will continue to watch and tell people about the show. The keep up the good work with this amazing show and cast of characters especially my favorites (Alexandria and Birkoff). Long live NIKITA!!!

Ethan January 17, 2012 at 4:46 am

Love it great story line lots of action has beautiful women Nikita & Alex , Evil sociopaths like Amanda and Percy, your obvious and honoralble hero Michael and it wouldn’t be a great show unless you have a Dark and Truelly Damaged character Owen that is desperatly seeking Redemption and that you want to love and cheer for but always leaves you wondering if and for how long he is going to keep doing the right thing. However one of the things that makes this shoe so
Great is that aost all the characters on the show
Alex, Owen, Birkoff and even Michael all have another side to them that almost always leaves you wondering how long it will be before they give in to their Dark side!!!!

LOVE IT. PLEASE BRING IT BACK FOR SEASON # 3

Maria January 14, 2012 at 1:35 am

I love show Nikita. I think it should be renew.

Vivi January 12, 2012 at 2:13 pm

CW has only one really unappreciated tv show worth watching, “NIKITA”. It’s an action movie every week without having to go to the movie theater! This is the only tv show i watch from the CW network. All the others i am sure are okay, but they are always about young teens and their long love triangles. Nikita has action, drama, suspense, romance, comedy. It’s just simply addictive! Nikita Rocks! 3rd season bring it on!

Andy January 10, 2012 at 4:05 am

This show definitely should be renewed. The writing and action are so much smarter than some of the other frivolous shows on TV today, including the CW! Maggie is awesome in it. She totally sells the role and the show. To get higher ratings, people across the US must be able to get the show and channel,.. and I know alot of people don’t,… I was in New Orleans last year and could not watch it, as CW wasn’t being aired there!! Had to stream it on my lap top. So CW, put some marketing muscle behind Nikita if you want people to watch it.

Chelsea January 8, 2012 at 9:50 pm

I love Nikita. I’m 22 and I stay home JUST to watch it!. Aha who am I kidding, I have no life, BUT if I did I would still stay home to watch it. I love the characters and the real people who play them too. I watched the original when I was younger, but I like this version MUCH better! RENEW. That’s all.

danielle January 7, 2012 at 6:55 pm

renew nikita. no questions asked.

Anna December 8, 2011 at 4:59 pm

I love nikita! this is the best show on fridays and, maybe, on tv. Gossip girl have terrible numbers, I don’t understand why Nikit “must be canceled”. It’s very unfair.

Max December 4, 2011 at 3:27 am

I think the lack luster beginning that the 1st season had is what has caused the drop in the ratings. I saw the first couple of episodes but was bored beyond belief. Stopped watching as a result, but after catching a couple of the latest episodes, I’ve changed my mind. I wonder how many other fans are in the same situatuion. I could have easily just missed the entire 2nd season. If I were the CW, I’d not only advertise the episodes, but do some general tv advertising using some of the best action clips……and definitely give Shane West more exposure. Much like in the original La Femme Nikita TV series….the character of Michael is as prominent to the story line as Nikita herself……and as an Actor, Shane West has got something alright…..along with Maggie Q….the 2 are just dynamite.

Jane Kailey November 21, 2011 at 4:21 am

Also obsessed with the Nikita series. I would die if it were EVER cancelled and I’m lost in a week without it. I have also purchased many episodes. Don’t know what I will do when it’s on winter break.

Jane Kailey November 21, 2011 at 4:24 am

It is incredibly well done in every way…casting, acting, directing, editing, writing, effects, photography, locations, feeling…especially the feeling! Who is doing this show? They should be put on contract forever.

Pam November 20, 2011 at 12:46 pm

the show is incredible. very much like a mini action movie with each episode. I think the network hurt it though in moving the night it airs. I am in the desired demographic and now I have to DVR it just to catch it because I do not plan to be home on Friday nights. excellent action, plot and acting all around. Maggie Q is a stand out.

Melinda Seymour November 13, 2011 at 8:15 pm

So much could continue to be developed so would hate to see it dissolved. This is my first season and just getting into it.

alan dubrow November 8, 2011 at 8:20 am

love the show. switching nights certainly hurt your ratings with the 18-30 crowd that does not sit home on a friday night. at 59 you don’t have much to get me to watch your network. this show consistently does.

Ruth Hall November 7, 2011 at 9:07 am

I’m a 65 year old grandmother who is absolutely obsessed with this show. I remember Season 1 started a tiny bit slow at times, but by epsiode 9 it was on and popping. I’m seeing the same thing with this season. Epsiode 7 was so awesome it was too good to talk about. I think after the mid-season break, we should start to see the action pick up, I hope. The show is great and IAM HOPELESSLY IN LOVE with SHANE WEST. The whole Nikita crew is awesome. If you have any influence, please let people know that the fans of this show are sincerly looking for a 3rd season.