No Ordinary Family: ABC Cuts Episodes, Cancelled Next?

No Ordinary Family canceled next?The alphabet network has decided they don’t need quite as many episodes of No Ordinary Family. This is just another indication that the show will be cancelled in May. The freshman series may revolve around a family with special powers but the ratings have been anything but super.

Starring Michael Chiklis and Julie Benz, No Ordinary Family debuted on September 28th to a 3.2 rating in the coveted 18-49 demographic and 10.69 million viewers. That was a good start but the numbers dropped by 16% by episode two and have essentially kept falling ever since. The latest installment hit a new low with a 1.4 rating in the demo and 4.77 million viewers, making it the lowest-rated scripted show on the network.

Back in late October, despite the falling numbers, ABC ordered nine additional episodes, bringing No Ordinary Family’s season total to 22 installments. ABC execs have now decided to cut the order down to 20 episodes.

TV show supportAccording to The Futon Critic, this week’s episode will be an original, number 17. The next two weeks will be filled by repeats and then the final three episodes of the season (and likely the series) will air after that. The finale will air on April 5th.

What do you think? Are you disappointed by the news? Is No Ordinary Family worth saving?

Mike February 4, 2012 at 10:12 pm

very good show…they keep ending the good shows whats wrong with the network?

William February 4, 2012 at 6:52 pm

I watched every episode once I discovered the existence of this show, and thoroughly enjoyed it. I looked forward to seeing following episode. Unfortunately, I think that by the time I discovered this show, it was already finished and I was just seeing the reruns for the first time.

I would never watch shows like “Friends” or “Sex and the City” after seeing one or too episodes, but I would never want to miss a single episode of “No Ordinary Family”. If it was brought back, I would go out of my way to see it.

David February 4, 2012 at 1:34 pm

i would like for demm to bring back dis show coz its so awesome!! i rilli enjoyed it and im sad dat its bn cancelled

vicki February 1, 2012 at 1:22 am

oh my god my son and i are very saddened that we will not see anymore of this programe we live in new zealand and have been waiting eagerly for next instalment to no avail we are very unhappy it was a great programe

riley January 30, 2012 at 9:16 pm

CTV might be hosting the show now. Check their website for more info.

admin January 31, 2012 at 4:49 am

riley ยป If CTV is airing it, they only have the season one episodes.

riley January 30, 2012 at 9:11 pm

I also found the show on netflix! This is the third ABC show I have watched on Netflix that has a complete cliff-hanger ending and so far, I am very dissapointed. It can be hard to find TV that is not totally rebellious or a sitcom. But, for the gals who watched this show on Netflix, check out H2O: Just Add Water. Though made by a different company, this show has a complete and interesting ending AND is completely appropriate.

jordan January 19, 2012 at 2:46 pm

If it’s on Netflix, it’s because it was canceled. Netflix is where every show goes after being canceled. When i saw it on Netflix, i knew something went wrong. I loved that show. So many things happened in the last episode and we don’t get to know the results!!! George gained new powers that we don’t know, Katie was going to have her baby, Stephanie gained new powers and Joshua returned. IT’S SO UNFAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HATE ABC FOR THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lisa January 15, 2012 at 8:23 pm

Bring it back. Just found it on Netflixs

Marie January 13, 2012 at 11:12 pm

I enjoy the show and look forward to seeing it continue.

rick lemmonman January 9, 2012 at 4:25 pm

PLEASE PLEASE PleaSE BRING IT BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i started watching this show during the end and i imediatly loved it! i hated the way u ended it because i want to know what happened with Jorge and all the criminals on the plane. i also want to see what the government is going to do with the powels!!!! so please bring it back! even thought the ratings became lower twords the end u have to consider the fact that most people record the episodes and watch them later, so those may not show up on the ratings. i think you have upset alot of people by cancling thiis show, ecpetialy the way that you canceled it

M5 January 7, 2012 at 6:27 pm

Just found no ordinary family on Netflix.
Watched all episodes with our three daughters. Hooked us like the hunger games books. We want more. Any chance?

m January 3, 2012 at 5:58 pm

watch it now

m January 3, 2012 at 5:57 pm

its so AWESOME!

paul .g December 31, 2011 at 10:05 pm

I thought it was a good scifi show.It had a lot of action and new twists to the plot each time.

cjames7414 December 26, 2011 at 1:21 am

Personally i took a interest in the show. I had been meaning to watch it but i never got around to it until about a week ago. I’ve been hooked every since. I even got my girlfriend interested in it and we have VERY different taste in a lot of things, especially television shows. THE SHOW IS GREAT!! Better than half of the shows on television. I believe it is just one of those shows that is going to have to be shown on another station. A show that powerful isn’t ABC material. Just like family guy. They took it off and brought it back when the realized the interest bot children and adults have in it. Or UPN’s THE GAME. Re-run after re-run made that show a hit. It was also a show i wanted to watch but got around to it after seeing it so many times via re-run. This show needs to come back!!!!! It has everything that will keep people intrigued by it. Maybe the show isn’t the question. Maybe it’s the network. Send it somewhere else and i can assure you it will get the credit it deserves.

Terry January 8, 2012 at 10:28 am

I think this show was awesome but knew nothing of it till i saw it on netflix I think better promo’s of the T.v series would help.

jordan January 19, 2012 at 2:50 pm

i agree

riley January 30, 2012 at 9:14 pm

CTV did take over the show, but I don’t think there are any more episodes unfortunately. Search the show on CTV’s website if you want more info.