Parenthood: Season Four Renewal from NBC

season 4 for NBC ParenthoodThe Braverman family will be back next season. NBC has renewed Parenthood, their family drama, for a fourth season.

The move certainly comes as no surprise if you follow the ratings. While the show has been in danger of cancellation in the past, the state of NBC’s current schedule ensured that Parenthood would be renewed for another round of episodes.

It also certainly didn’t hurt that the show is produced by NBC-Universal and is coming close to having enough episodes for syndication.

According to TV Line, Parenthood has been renewed for a 15 episode season. If the ratings are strong enough, the order could certainly be increased to a full 22 episode season.

This season, Parenthood averaged a 1.9 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 5.13 million total viewers. On our NBC Ratings Report Card — which measures the demo success of shows on the network — Parenthood has a solid “A” grade. It’s the third-highest rated scripted show on the network this season.

We’ll know for sure if Parenthood will be returning next fall (very likely) and on what night.

What do you think? Are you glad to hear that it’s been renewed? Were you worried that it would be cancelled? How long do you think the series should run?

Canceled and renewed TV show

112 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Kathleen says

So glad to hear that Parenthood is being renewed! I love this show — so well written and well acted, true to life, funny, touching… Just saw Dax Shephard (Crosby) and Joy Bryant( (Jasmine) in a movie — Hit and Run. It was mindless fun and I was recommending it to my daughter when she said she thought Parenthood was cancelled. I rushed right home and am so relieved to see it’s coming back!

2. Judy Turner says

I am thrilled that Parenthood is still around. My 30 year old daughter got me hooked on it two years ago. It has a very broad appeal to families of all kinds. It makes me feel like I am not the only woman in the world who loves huge family dinners at home and family parties, even when there are “issues” in the room. Family is a universal theme and is never boring! Thanks for giving me hope through this show! Well done..even if I do want to kick some of the characters for their poor decisions!! (That’s how real it feels.)

3. Cathy says

I’m extremely happy!!!! Love it, love it…..it’s not the usual trash on tv! I don’t watch much BUT Parenthood is a great big fat exception! Please let it stay!

4. Dawn says

I love this show and can not wait for its return . This is the first show that is real about a family with all its up,downs,ugly’s and goods.

5. Teresa Cowan says

I am beyond thrilled to hear that Parenthood is coming back. It is such a high quality show, I’m over the moon to hear it is being renewed! It is my favorite show, along with Brothers & Sisters (which was also canceled). Fantastic News!!!

6. Pat Bedard says

I am sooo glad to hear that Parenthood is coming back. This is a show that my husband and I always look forward to watching. It shows all sides to family relationships.

7. Michelle says

I am super glad Parenthood will be returning. It is in my top 3 favorite shows. I think it should stay on forever.

8. Carolyn says

One of the very few network shows that I watch. I like it because it is so honest about family conflicts and yet shows how a family sticks together and helps each other.