Passions: DirecTV Soap to Be Available Online?

Eric Martsolf on PassionsFans of NBC’s Passions were understandably upset last January when the network announced that the steamy soap had been cancelled. A few months later, satellite provider DirecTV stepped in to “save the day” and made a deal to produce Passions for their exclusive Channel 101.

Unfortunately, many fans can’t subscribe to DirecTV due to economics or a variety of other reasons. When Passions leaves NBC on September 7th, there’ll be no way for them to follow the adventures of their favorite Harmony residents. Or will there?

Last night, DirecTV hosted the first of four half-hour shows called Passions LIVE!. Castmember Eric Martsolf (Ethan) hosted the program, chatted with Juliet Mills (Tabitha) and Heidi Mueller (Kay), and answered fans’ questions.

After the show, Eric spent about 10 minutes online with viewers. One fan asked if Passions would be available online. Martsolf responded, “DirectTV knows that you guys want to watch it online so they’re taking steps and they’re making efforts to make sure that it is broadcast online very, very soon.” (You can hear it for yourself at the 4:45 mark.)

This certainly doesn’t qualify as an official announcement about online viewing but it does gives hope that there’s some action going on behind the scenes. Though production of the show will ultimately be funded by subscriber revenue, DirecTV knows that everyone can’t subscribe. Hopefully, the number of people who have subscribed will be enough to make the venture worth their investment and keep the soap going for years to come — both via Channel 101 and online.

We’ll keep you posted on any new developments so stay tuned! TV Series Finale home page

charity July 17, 2008 at 6:29 am

please put back the show on our screens. i really liked the show but only if they try and speed up the process.

Shay June 27, 2008 at 11:21 am

I didnt even know Passions was going to be gone, I knew it went to Direct TV but i thought i would be able to watch it online or something. I watched Passions since My baby-sitter showed it too me, after i watched it i fell in love with Passions. =(
I am pretty young for my age to watch Passions but i REALLY want it back, and i want to watch it again. I remeber all the episodes i watched, the last time i watched passions was the last day of summer break and i knew it moved but i thought i would be able to watch it some how. But know that i heard its over. i almost cried. I wish i can show you how much i love Passions I think of it everyday and relate it too my life, I wish i can also show people that no matter how young you arre you can still love a show. :)
I hate that Passions is gone and I really want it back, Please.

Pauleen June 25, 2008 at 1:26 pm

Passions needs to come back to regular TV or on the internet i

Natasha June 24, 2008 at 12:35 pm

It’s not fare that they took passionsoff and they put all these crapy show NBC.There were a lot of people how watched that show i was one of the ones.You need to put that soap back on and take some of the other crapy shows of.It suck that you only have Day of your lives i mean i love show but i loved passions to.thank for nothing

kesha June 23, 2008 at 8:50 am

i miss looking forward to watch passions every day. i need to watch passions again.

Georgia June 18, 2008 at 12:10 pm

Passion was one of my favorite soap,I mist that soap soooooooo much. Is it real the end? will it ever come back? Please bring it back.

VANESSA June 17, 2008 at 11:27 am

PLEASE ITS REALLY KILLING ME INSIDE I MISS PASSSIONS SO MUCH I LOVE THEM ALL PLEASE DON’T DO THIS TO ME I CAN’T EVEN WATCH IT NO MORE BECAUSE ITS NOT ON NBC NO MORE.I MISS THERESSA I LOVE HER PLEASE I NEED PASSIONS IN MY LIFE. PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE NOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

judy June 9, 2008 at 1:26 pm

please but passions back on in iLL i miss it so mush im a older women and i love this soap so put it back on NBc thank you judy

Amanda June 1, 2008 at 8:55 pm

Please put passions back on tv. I miss it soo much. I haven’t seen an episode since it left and went to direct tv. I watched it everyday and I have no idea what is going on. PLEEEAAAASSSSEEEEE BRING IT BACK. How could it leave??? They should put all of it on box sets!!!!

Patti May 19, 2008 at 8:52 am

Pleasssssssssssssse put PASSIONS on the internet, I cant afford Directv….I miss watching it sooooooooooooooooo much. I LOVE LUIS……he was a hot stud and Im sure he still is :o)

Anonymous May 17, 2008 at 1:39 pm

i love eric

weezy baby April 15, 2008 at 11:11 am

i cant believe they plan on cancelling passions are u serious?what other soap are people watching?GENERAL HOSPITAL get real!!!! if direct tv cancels i swear im gonna switch

Nicole March 31, 2008 at 5:21 pm

I love passions. Please put it online. I will watch everyday. So please let me know whenits o E mail.

Anan January 8, 2008 at 8:11 pm

plz if u let me know when u gonna put passions online because i used to it and iam so sad that iam not watching it now cuz i don’t have a direc tv account so this is my e-mail and plz just let me know.

Danell December 20, 2007 at 8:12 pm

please put passions back on T.V or the internet please i cant get Direct TV it cost to much for me