Person of Interest: Season Three Ratings

Person of Interest season three ratingsThis season, CBS has moved Person of Interest to Tuesday nights. Will the ratings fall off as a result or will they grow because of a stronger lead-in? Let’s wait and see.

On Person of Interest, former CIA officer John Reese (Jim Caviezel) and billionaire Harold Finch (Michael Emerson) continue to work together to prevent violent crimes in the Big Apple. Taraji P. Henson, Kevin Chapman, Sarah Shahi, and Amy Acker round out the cast.

3/13 update: This show has been renewed for the 2014-15 season by CBS.

Final season averages: 2.0 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 11.83 million total viewers.

For comparisons: The second season of Person of Interest averaged a 2.9 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 14.41 million total viewers.

What do you think? Do you still like the Person of Interest TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or be renewed for a fourth season?

Canceled and renewed TV show

242 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Ms. G says

Person of Interest was over for me after the Endgame episode. I had no wish to see a Core 4 actor eliminated. The new direction of the drama and the new cast additions are not to my liking. The ratings will suffer.

2. Joan Wilson says

I really like this show,but did not like them removing Carter from it. I thought this was a dumb move on the the part of who ever did it. I will still watch the show but dont think they will find someone better to play that part.

3. Tricia B says

I absolutely love this show it is one of the shows that I can’t wait to see each week. I dislike the fact that Carter was killed off but do still love the show. Please do not cancel this show.

4. Dee says

@Riddick, and A LOT of that had to do with Carter. Their best rated episodes are the ones where she was promoted in the advertising and that she herself promoted for. Seems like they lost a real asset…

Anyway, after what they did to Ms. Henson, and to the Carter character, this show just needs to die. They’ve bent over backwards to ruin it, and I hope they are awarded accordingly with a cancellation notice for their very arrogant and heartless efforts.

The Nolans suck!

5. Anonymous says

I am still disturbed over the executive decision to take Carter off the show. It is not of consequence that she knew she would last a couple of seasons. However, if you have an excellent quarter back on your team, and the contract was for a limited time, wouldn’t you do something to keep that person on the team? You guys made a bad mistake by taking Detective Carter out of the mix. Yes I love the technology angel, I love the twists and turns; but that means nothing if you don’t have the right players. I am angry about your immature decision. Now I must make a mature decision; I am no longer a viewer of this show. I have lost interest.

6. Sue H. says

I very much enjoy this show and was amazed by Detective Carter’s shooting and subsequent death. I was disappointed that she had left the show, particularly when Mr. Reese had fallen in love again only to lose her as he had his wife in a previous episode. I certainly hope this series isn’t cancelled as it is one of my favorites. I appreciate the concept (some heroes who are doing good versus bad guys who deserve what they get), and like the mixtures of technology with the above.

7. says

I dont believe that anyone would be stupid enough to kill one of the leads. you might as well have had a bomb go off and kill them all. without carter I will probably stop watching…..

8. Kate Fredericks says

Removing Taraji Henson (Carter) from POI is probably the dumbest move I have ever seen a network make. I understand CBS has new executives. Perhaps someone should clue them in that you don’t kill off a super gifted actress in perhaps the most beloved role on a show for ANY reason! My husband doesn’t want to watch it any more. While we like Harold and John, they don’t have the charisma Ms. Henson brought to her role and the story as a whole. She was the BEST thing this show had going for it. It does not surprise me that the overall ratings are slipping. I expect them to slip further after that boneheaded decision!

• bg says

She only signed on for a limited role and knew she would be written out soon after the show started. Her main interest is movies. This info comes from 2 separate interviews I’ve seen since her departure from POI.

• Morena says

That’s not really true. Her having a “limited role” came from the producers, particularly Jonathan Nolan, telling ALL of the actors at the beginning that they might not last the entire show. So, she knew that the same way the other actors knew it. She never knew when they would take her character off of the show, and she certainly didn’t know that it would be in such a horrible and insensitive way. She said she was open to doing guest spots after they fired her because Nolan wanted to have Sarah Shahi play his fantasy “catwoman” on the show, so Carter didn’t have to be killed off. That was just ridiculous and probably their biggest mistake out of the many big mistakes they made in disregarding, marginalizing, and wallpapering the Carter character off and on.

This info comes from several interviews that she, the network president (Nina Tassler), and the producers (Nolan and Plageman), have given over the past few months.

9. CK says

I’m looking forward to this series being renewed! At first I was not a fan of the new character, Shaw. But as she develops a bit more, she’s proving to be an asset to the story lines.