Ringer: Ioan Gruffudd on Season Two Chances

Ringer canceled or renewedAt the start of the season, Ringer looked like it had a very good chance of being renewed for a second season. Unfortunately, the ratings really started to slide once it returned from a two month hiatus. Now, the CW TV series looks more likely to be cancelled.

TVLine recently spoke to co-star Ioan Gruffudd, who plays Sarah Michelle Gellar’s brother-in-law/husband on the show, about the prospects of a second season. This is what he had to say:

As far as knowing [about Season 2] in an official capacity, nobody knows right now. I think everybody’s vying for that attention from the network. We’re very aware of the numbers and that it’s a numbers game. Creatively, we think we have a very strong chance, but as far as numbers, they might reflect a different story. From a personal standpoint, I haven’t even wavered. I was recently cleaning out my trailer and I was trying to remember things to bring back with me next year. It’s the first time I’ve been in this situation where I’ve been on a show for the full 22 [episodes] and we don’t know anything; there are no indicators. As far as the storyline is concerned, we’ve set it up as if we are coming back. We’re not shying away from anything and we haven’t been asked to tie things up neatly — we’ve been given leeway to present new ideas for next season. So, I haven’t wavered in my belief that we are coming back. But you know, I’ve been wrong in the past. [Laughs]

Check out the full interview for the actor’s thoughts about his character and the latest shocking developments on Ringer.

What do you think? Will Ringer be back for a second season? Does it still have a chance or will the show be cancelled?

Dru April 18, 2012 at 9:18 pm

I feel the same as the person who made this comment so I copied it;)

“PLEASE DON’T CANCEL RINGER!!! It is a terrific show and a lot of people record this show and watch it later!!! This is what I do. You have a few stupid shows on that you could cancel!!! GIVE THIS SHOW A CHANCE! IT’S ONLY BEEN ON ONE SEASON, GIVE IT ANOTHER SEASON TO CATCH ON!!!”

tenant April 18, 2012 at 1:09 pm

Please save. It is well written and well acted and I was glad there was room for a possible 2nd season. So many plots – Surely!!!!!

Sari April 17, 2012 at 11:58 pm

Please save RINGER! It is the best show ever. I love it. I tape it and watch it later. Don’t Cancel. SAVE RINGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beverly Wilson April 17, 2012 at 9:29 pm

PLEASE DO NOT CANCEL RINGER. LOVE THE SHOW. CAN’T WAIT TO FIND OUT WHAT HAPPENS NEXT.

stephanie April 17, 2012 at 7:56 pm

SAVE ringer… Its the absolute best show on tv right now .. Compared to most of those retarded dumb a** other series on tv today .. Ringer tops them all … The only reason why u lost viewers after the christmas holidays was bc. It took u guys almost two months to air again and most people either got too impatient or didn’t realize when the next show was airing after the new years … Cancelling will be the BIGGEST mistake ever .. Especially after ending the season with a HUGE BANG .. So many viewers will be greatly disappointed if Ringer ends … Its the first season .. All shows may have ups and downs but ringer deserves atleast a second chance to prove its potential .. Which it has a lot of … SAVE RINGER !!!!!!!!!

Deb April 17, 2012 at 7:47 pm

Please keep ringer on the air!!!!!!! Its the only show this year that actually keeps me on my feet!! We have to know what happens, the finale was sooo good!!

bree April 15, 2012 at 8:16 pm

Please keep ringer for season 2!!!!! this show is amazing

Anissa April 14, 2012 at 5:34 pm

I love Ringer! It is SO frustrating to invest in a new series, get drawn in, and then have it go off the air! I agree w/ previous posts. Im 40 years old and enjoy the show so much more than all of the sub-par comedies and worn out hospital dramas that are on air. Please give this show a chance & DO NOT CANCEL!

Jared SunSet April 14, 2012 at 12:20 pm

PLEASE PLEASE MAKE SEASON 2 .. THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST SHOWS

CW April 14, 2012 at 8:34 am

Please keep this show on the air next year. It is a great show.

DDM April 14, 2012 at 7:22 am

My husband and I LOVE RINGER – we are in our mid 40’s. There is no other show on ANY of the networks that has the premise that RINGER has. For once, this is an original idea – not your standard comedy of several friends living together, or your standard Doctor/Hospital drama, or your standard Police drama…there is no other show idea like this one. This show has a great plot & it’s a new and refreshing idea – an ORIGINAL idea – kind of like when 24 first came on – the new idea of making an entire season = 24hrs…there is no other show on TV like this, and it’s amazing the way the entire plot is intertwined, there are no random pieces, and no filler pieces – everything is tied to the main plot, and everything that happens plays a part in the show, FOR A REASON. If CW cancels RINGER, we won’t invest any time in the network anymore b/c this is an adult drama on the network that we enjoy.

Martin April 13, 2012 at 3:32 am

RINGER WAS THE BEST NEW SHOW THIS SEASON ON THE CW!!

If they wanna cancel a new show…they should cancel Hart Of Dixie (boring as fuck!) excuse my language ;)

AimanGabz April 13, 2012 at 7:42 am

HART OF DIXIE IS ONE OF THE BEST NEW SHOWS OUT NOW!! IN MY OPINION THEY SHOULD CANCEL NIKITA …NOW THATS BORING AS FUCK!! “Martin ” I WATCHED BOTH SHOWS ON CW UP TO DATE BUT IF U HAVENT AND UR MAKING THINGS UP FROM UR MIND THAN DONT POST TRASHY COMMENTS JUST TO MAKE UR SELF FEEL BETTER CUZ PEOPLE ARE READING THESE COMMENTS AND MIGHT THINK THAT THE SHOW U REFERRED TO IS BORING EVEN BEFORE WATCHING IT.

Tracy April 13, 2012 at 12:28 am

I love this show, I hope that it is not cancelled; Please don’t be cancelled!

ralene April 12, 2012 at 8:17 pm

please renew it.I love this show!!!!

Carol April 12, 2012 at 2:30 pm