Smash: NBC Drama Officially Cancelled Now

Smash canceled by NBCNBC has confirmed that their musical drama Smash has been officially cancelled. There won’t be a third season.

The news certainly doesn’t come as a surprise. Everyone but the most optimistic viewers assumed that the series was already done.

Smash premiered very well last season when it followed The Voice. Despite the strong lead-in, the ratings declined as the first season wore on.

NBC renewed it anyway with an order for 18 installments. They no doubt regretted that move when season two debuted to poor numbers. The ratings got worse and they chose to burn off the remaining episodes on Saturday nights, rather than simply pull the show off the air.

The last two episodes of Smash are scheduled to air on Sunday, May 26th. Hopefully the producers saw the writing on the wall soon enough and wrapped up the ongoing storylines.

What do you think? Did you like Smash? Are you sorry that the series was cancelled?

maggie mcgraw November 8, 2013 at 1:21 am

Of course it got canceled because it didn’t have demonic demons and blood sucking vampires or any murder.

kelly McCormick March 3, 2014 at 2:36 pm

I was sucked in and liked the show. There should have been a logical ending. There was NO ending. How can you leave so many viewers hanging?

Dee October 19, 2013 at 8:04 pm

Bring it back!!!!!!

Ann October 19, 2013 at 7:08 pm

Very sad Smash was cancelled. Thoroughly enjoyed it!

tom October 14, 2013 at 7:49 am

sucked

Gabby September 21, 2013 at 12:28 am

I think it’s crap they cancelled this show! I really was looking forward to season 3!
With all the crap on tv they could have canceled, why this one?

JC September 17, 2013 at 10:43 pm

Never should have been cancelled. It was different then the rest of the Programs. The story had a good theme. Some other network should pick it up and it will do real good. Major networks don’t take enough chances.

JC September 17, 2013 at 10:40 pm

Absolutely Loved it. It was different then all the shows on today. It Never should have been cancelled this soon. The networks need to take bigger chances.

Patty July 6, 2013 at 9:17 am

I watched this show faithfully and enjoyed it a LOT. It seems like many of the shows I consider to be good on the network channels bite the dust. I grew up on network TV but these days I don’t find many shows of quality left to watch, this being yet another example of why.

MrRhee July 6, 2013 at 2:28 am

SMASH was amazing! It was also educational. I was surprised to see how a concept (Bombshell) went from idea, casting, rehearsals, workshops, financing, etc, before becoming a real live musical. Season 2, Hit List, was an unexpected treat! The songs were amazing. Although, it was sad to see Kyle die. But to be honest, I couldn’t fathom where the show (SMASH) would go after the Tony Awards. I’m not sure taking the audience through another new musical would fly. Perhaps, two seasons was it.

Mikayla June 29, 2013 at 12:51 am

It seems like every time I find a show that I enjoy, it gets cancled. I feel that season 1 was not great, but was not horrible. But season 2 was GREAT!! I wish there was a 3ed season coming!

Kimmy June 16, 2013 at 4:44 pm

I was very disappointed to know that they had cancelled this show. Became a real fan and loved all the characters. It’s a shame that quality television now has come to junk TV all of which has been doctored up in one way or another for the sake of high ratings. Yes it’s disheartening to see.

julie June 12, 2013 at 10:56 pm

Do we no longer no creativity when we see it? This sow had so much originality. hope some other station picks it up so we don’t need to deal with another reality show.

Darrell June 12, 2013 at 11:08 am

We loved the show always recorded it so we would never miss an episode Please another network has to pick it up

Gabriel June 12, 2013 at 1:35 am

I that it a awesome show. Story line was great, things were always happening. The artists on the show were great as performing, and the vocals were again, awesome!!!!!!!!!
I just hope that maybe there’s a mistake, and they’ll bring it back. I will own both seasons. I would prefer to own them on Blue-Ray. Blue-Ray, the sound & picture jump out at you. With all that great talent on the screen, Yes! It really does need to be on Blue-Ray.

Roberta June 7, 2013 at 10:22 pm

Somebody. Please pick this show up for next year!!!