The Amazing Race and Survivor: CBS Reality Series Renewed for 2010-11 Season

Survivor and Amazing RaceDon’t bother unpacking your suitcases Jeff Probst and Phil Keoghan, Survivor and The Amazing Race have been renewed for next season.

Though viewership has fallen over the years, Survivor is still quite popular. Last fall’s Samoa edition won its timeslot with a 4.3 rating in the 18-49 demographic. The show’s upcoming 20th edition begins February 11th and will reunite memorable players from the show’s 10 year history.

To no surprise, CBS has given the go-ahead for two more rounds of the Mark Burnett show. As per usual, one will run in the fall and the other will begin airing mid-season.

Who is the better host?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

The Amazing Race recently completed its 15th cycle and posted year-over-year gains in total viewers and the key demographic. Round number 16 is scheduled to begin February 14th.

For now, the network has renewed Amazing Race for a single cycle for the 2010-11 season. CBS often airs two rounds per season so another may still be ordered.

What do you think? Are you glad that Race and Survivor are coming back? Which one do you prefer?

david b conway May 19, 2010 at 10:53 am

dear series finale web site , hi my name is david b conway , and my comments just the both tv shows amazing race and the surviver , is that , when the ratings are going down hill to far just from by the tv viewers some times , why do,nt they work together just to have the amazing race verision of the survier may tv series may i ask/ and why not have both tv shows just on sunday night and the the rest of the tv progarming should be on early off the week instead ./ love david b conway

Anonymous May 1, 2010 at 9:17 am

SURVIVOR is by far the better show. I watched the amazing race a couple times and really was not impressed. I have watched Survivor since it first aired and I love it as much now as I did then ,perhaps more!!!! Too bad they don’t have a Canadian version I would so love to go on it!!
I hope that they never change hosts, Jeff is so nice to look at :)
My 12 yr. old and I watch it every week without fail, in fact we enjoy it so much that we watch it at 5 pm and again at 8 pm local time . I have even done Survivor themed birthday parties complete with bandanas, tiki torches etc. great fun.
Glad to hear they have renewed for the 2010/2011 season !

Reality TV is so 2001 April 30, 2010 at 9:29 pm

Any show that isn’t made with someone’s hand held camcorder from the basement is considered expensive and cancelled. It’s irritating, and it’s not worth turning the TV on anymore.

jen April 26, 2010 at 8:51 am

We love Survivor~ our family watches together with some other families- we have a ‘pool’- pick names at the beginning of each season and really have fun with it. We love the challenges and the rewards! We will be sad when its over! By far the best reality show !

debbie davis April 10, 2010 at 8:09 am

Love both shows! They are very different and different from each other. Survivor is more about the person/character development/interaction and that is very compeling
to witness. The Race is very fast and stressful and I would prefer to have more information on the designated locations than all the bickering between the contestants.

russell rules! March 16, 2010 at 6:24 pm

I hope they take survivors players and put them on the amazing race! or Vice versa!

JACKIE March 8, 2010 at 10:10 pm

I LOVE SURVIVOR!! I WOULD BE SO SAD IF IT WAS TAKEN OFF THE AIR. MY HUSBAND HAS BEEN WANTING TO BE A CONTESTENT FOR YEARS.

Adam Decker March 4, 2010 at 3:37 pm

Both are good shows, but I don’t really watch The Amazing Race anymore. The only people who don’t like them, don’t like any reality shows. They especially wouldn’t like Survivor as that was the first. Both shows are interesting with different people each season. I’m not sure if either will ever go off the air. Although, with a season as epic as Heroes versus Villains on the way, I wasn’t certain. There are some good reality shows, people just don’t watch them.

Aaron B-MONEY March 2, 2010 at 6:15 am

love survivor

marco February 24, 2010 at 12:46 pm

hey everyone im a 20 year old student from South Africa.how can i go on the show any tips?

Eddie July 21, 2010 at 2:51 pm

cbs.com

RON hOBELMAN February 14, 2010 at 9:08 pm

REALLY LIKE AMAZING RACE THE BEST, HAVE WATCH IT EVERYTIME IT’S BEEN ON.

Ray January 31, 2010 at 6:58 am

I love both of these shows this coming season with survivor heroes vs. villains its either going to be an amazing season or a really dumb one! i’m only watching the amazing race this season cuz jeff and jordan from big brother 11 are on it i can’t believe their dating!! ahhh!!

Liz January 30, 2010 at 1:07 pm

I absolutely hate these 2 shows and am disappointed that they were not cancelled yet!

Susan Baker January 27, 2010 at 5:08 pm

I like both shows, but I really love the Amazing Race.

Peter January 27, 2010 at 10:18 am

No, shows like these need to be canceled. I do not know what people see in reality TV.