The Client List: Cancelled on Lifetime, No Season Three

client list cancelledLifetime has pulled the plug on The Client List. There won’t be a third season of the Jennifer Love Hewitt drama.

The Client List began as a Lifetime movie and then became a TV series. It follows a housewife and mom (Hewitt) who’s abandoned by her husband. To support her family, she starts working at a spa that turns out to offer more than just massages. Others in the cast include Loretta Devine, Colin Egglesfield, Rebecca Field, Naturi Naughton, Alicia Lagano, Kathleen York, Brian Hallisay, and Cybill Shepherd.

Season one averaged 2.51 million viewers and that led to a second season renewal. Those 15 episodes drew 2.05 million.

The third season renewal was supposedly being held up because Lifetime and the producers were trying to figure out how to handle Hewitt’s real-life pregnancy. Hewitt, who is also an executive producer, wanted the character played by her real-life fiancé Brian Hallisay to be the fictional baby’s dad as well.

This demand is at odds with the plans of Client List’s showrunner who wanted Colin Egglesfield’s character to be the dad.

According to Deadline, Lifetime and Sony TV became tired of the dispute and have now pulled the plug.

Since season two of Client List finished in June, Lifetime has found success with two new series — Devious Maids and Witches of East End — so they probably feel like they no longer need Client List.

What do you think? Are you sorry that The Client List has been cancelled?

Canceled and renewed TV show

79 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. says

The show was entertaining. Jennifer Love Hewitt is AMAZING!!! I have watched her in everything she has acted in. It is a great show. I would love to see it air again. I was a devoted fan. Talented actress Jennifer Love Hewitt!! Big fan!!

2. suzanne Rizzo says

You know everytime you get something good on TV you take it off, lover this show,please bring it back just like army wives!

3. Brenda Reichert says

I’m upset that these station take off the food entertaining shows with awesome actresses and actors to put shows labour maids and wives on. Those seems more like reality shows. Everything is going to reality! I’m annoyed that you can’t keep the shows that keep us interested!

4. sylvia romano says

I loved the show so much Jennifer was great I wish it would be on again the story line was so great. please think about it.

5. Shirley Ross says

I just found this series on Netflicks and I watched it 24/7. It was really great! Sooooooo sad to hear there won’t be season 3!!!!!! Loved the story lines and all the characters.

6. says

The client list is one of ur best shows why pull good shows when bad shows r easy to pull there are enough bad show on tv please give people some thing good to watch ashame of u people

7. Eve York says

I really enjoyed the show. One things I hate about series being cancelled is that we never get to find out what happens with the characters. I don’t think that is fair. The fans invest time with the show and getting involved with the storyline and then POOF!! And it’s gone with no final season or anything. Bummer.

8. catherine says

It sucks the show was getting better and better wanted to see what was gonna happen next was wondering when it was coming back I like jennifer love Hewitt on the show might not be the same without her playing the role but would like the show back for sure. The other shows aren’t as good.