The Client List: Cancelled on Lifetime, No Season Three

client list cancelledLifetime has pulled the plug on The Client List. There won’t be a third season of the Jennifer Love Hewitt drama.

The Client List began as a Lifetime movie and then became a TV series. It follows a housewife and mom (Hewitt) who’s abandoned by her husband. To support her family, she starts working at a spa that turns out to offer more than just massages. Others in the cast include Loretta Devine, Colin Egglesfield, Rebecca Field, Naturi Naughton, Alicia Lagano, Kathleen York, Brian Hallisay, and Cybill Shepherd.

Season one averaged 2.51 million viewers and that led to a second season renewal. Those 15 episodes drew 2.05 million.

The third season renewal was supposedly being held up because Lifetime and the producers were trying to figure out how to handle Hewitt’s real-life pregnancy. Hewitt, who is also an executive producer, wanted the character played by her real-life fiancé Brian Hallisay to be the fictional baby’s dad as well.

This demand is at odds with the plans of Client List’s showrunner who wanted Colin Egglesfield’s character to be the dad.

According to Deadline, Lifetime and Sony TV became tired of the dispute and have now pulled the plug.

Since season two of Client List finished in June, Lifetime has found success with two new series — Devious Maids and Witches of East End — so they probably feel like they no longer need Client List.

What do you think? Are you sorry that The Client List has been cancelled?

Sue April 16, 2014 at 11:19 pm

I don’t like devious maids!! I want the client list back!! You guys do this all the time!!! You should be asking the viewers what we think! Not what you think!! Jennifer love Hewitt is awesome!! You guys are idiots!! Put the show back on!!!!

Kristen April 16, 2014 at 12:47 am

Wow.. This Is Some BS!!! I Really Loved This Show! As Did So Many Others! And I Am Tired of Shows Coming And Going After Just a Few Seasons!!! That’s Not OK!!! There Are So Many People Who LOVED This Show.. Why Cancel For What Reason! There Are Way To Many People Interested To Not Have It Air Anymore !!!! BRING IT BACK!!! STOP MAKING SHOWS AND THEN CANCELLING!!!!

whitney April 11, 2014 at 3:14 pm

nooooooo this was a really good show. just because you have two show that have good ratings really.. i was looking forward to season three.. i couldn’t wait until sunday to see client list..you have canceled so may good shows ..

Tami April 2, 2014 at 10:23 pm

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! another awesome lifetime show is cancelled. PLEASE,PLEASE,PLEASE bring Client List back!!

Paul Brow April 1, 2014 at 9:08 pm

So many good shows going away. This has always been one of my favorites and very sorry to see it go. Will miss it for sure.

Carla March 26, 2014 at 12:15 am

I loved the client list. One of my top shows to watch. Couldnt wait for the next week. Now they pull the plug for two showa i care absolutely nothing about!! I say bring it back. How many shows have thatany hot guys? None! Come on. Who cares who’s baby it is,
Ya’ll can write another script about it later and change it to a different father. Just put it back on!!

Virginia March 6, 2014 at 3:30 pm

Really, you all suck why put on a show and get us all waiting for the next season and then u freakin pull the plugs K if the ratings aren’t there fine, but cuz she pregnant really I’ve seen other shows that have pulled it off and you all can’t then you don’t deserve to be on we all know Riley was going to stay with her husband anyways, but why not continue Heller they’re all other characters that need there jobs, and who we are all interested in not just Riley s character put it back on dang…

Hope Wilson March 20, 2014 at 12:10 pm

I agree!!! They get everyone all excited for the third season and then Cancel it. She could’ve just been pregnant on the show. This is such BS

Carla March 26, 2014 at 12:16 am

Agreed

bobbie March 2, 2014 at 6:30 pm

I am shocked that such a good show is no longer on. First Army Wives and now The Client List. Two of the best shows for mature people to watch . I HATE all the stupid reality shows…..Anything good is always removed. ALL WEEK I waited for Sunday night for these two shows.Even my husband watched them with me.PLEASE,PLEASE,PLEASE BRING THEM BACK TO THE PUBLIC.Very unhappy.