The Client List: Season Three Renewal in Jeopardy

Client List season 3 or canceled?While season two of The Client List didn’t perform as well as the first year, the ratings aren’t what could cause the Lifetime show to be cancelled.

Featuring the talents of Jennifer Love Hewitt, Colin Egglesfield, Loretta Devine and Cybill Shepherd, the second season of The Client List averaged 2.06 million viewers with a 0.8 rating in the 18-49 demographic. That’s down from year one’s 2.51 million and 0.9 demo rating.

According to Deadline, the third season renewal is being held up because Lifetime and the producers are trying to figure out how to handle Hewitt’s real-life pregnancy. The actress is more than three months along.

Hewitt, who is also an executive producer on The Client List, wants her real-life fiancĂ© Brian Hallisay to be the fictional baby’s dad as well. Playing Kyle Parks, Hallisay started as a recurring performer but then became a series regular.

This demand is at odds with the plans of Client List’s showrunner who wants Colin Egglesfield’s character (Evan Parks) to be the dad. Lifetime hasn’t made a decision yet but reportedly doesn’t want Hallisay.

Supposedly both sides are willing to walk away over this disagreement but a representative for Hewitt said, “There are many story lines we are exploring… So any suggestion that we are not doing our best to develop a great season is simply not accurate.”

What do you think? Which character should be the baby daddy? Do you think the series should be cancelled or renewed for a third season?

Tracey September 29, 2013 at 3:30 pm

I love this show. I think it should go on. I also loved the Evan storyline as there is more than just a spark there. I think Evan should be the father.

MonaLzaDntSmil September 29, 2013 at 9:06 am

Oh my goodness! I love this show!! Watch the re-runs all the time. Please don’t cancel it. It’s amazing and a little plot twisted with babies daddies, stir up a little trouble.

Annette September 26, 2013 at 8:07 pm

Please do not cancel this show……I love ,love, love it. Kyle should be baby daddy…..maybe twins? Clients could be turned on by the baby belly…..lol

AMBER HALL September 26, 2013 at 12:00 am

i WOULD LOVE TO HAVE THE SHOW CONTINUED AND i THINK IT WOULD BE A TWIST IF SHE WERE PREGNANT BY THE GUY SHE SLEPT WITH FOR 50 GRAND. IF NOT I WOULD STICK WITH KYLE AS THE FATHER.

Anonymous September 25, 2013 at 4:46 pm

i think it should continue and kyle should be the daddy

bostonbaby617 September 25, 2013 at 8:24 am

The show needs to continue.

Me September 24, 2013 at 5:10 pm

Army Wives was canceled. 2.46 rating as of season 7

Taylor September 24, 2013 at 10:34 am

This is one of my favorite shows. I would personally love Evan to be the father, but, I can live either way. I just want it to come back! No matter who the dad is, COME BACK PLEASE

Allison September 23, 2013 at 11:33 pm

Love the show needs to continue …

Tana September 23, 2013 at 5:45 pm

I love the show and think it definitely should be renewed. As for the father I think the guy she slept with for $50K. I would not pick Evan because on the show how confusing would that be a father to one and uncle to the other kids.

Kim Habetz September 18, 2013 at 2:22 pm

We love this show and get together every sun night I’m add do it takes a lot to HDTV my attention and this show defiantly has it!!! I don’t care whose the baby’s daddy but the man that paid her would be the ticket so she could go between Kyle and Evan and the dad could be behind the scenes. Continue this show please it’s what we have to look forward to on Sunday nights:)

Eileen Ellsworth September 18, 2013 at 1:07 pm

I think this show should definitely be renewed. As for the baby daddy—the man she slept with for money is more logical—then she would have to face some demons which would make for great weeks of entertainment. If not, Evan is more believable then Kyle.

LaRaine Christensen September 15, 2013 at 6:28 pm

Client List HAS TO CONTINUE! There are too many fans that enjoy this show especially my daughter and I! As Jennifer has said, there are many ways this can play out, but where she was getting close to Kyle again, only makes sense to have the baby be Kyles. DON’T cancel this fun show!

Anonymous September 11, 2013 at 4:23 pm

I absolutely love the show and think it should be renewed/ I think It should be Kyles baby

Wendy September 10, 2013 at 8:29 am

I would like to see a Season 3 and if the hold up is the fact that Jennifer is pregnant and who should be the father in the show, it would have to be Kyle because her and Evan didn’t sleep together for most to of Season 2. Riley ended it. So although that would make for very interesting TV it would be unrealistic and kinda telling your audience there were stupid to believe that Evan could be the baby’s father. Something else would have to give – maybe the guy she slept with for $50K – before Kyle got out of jail. That’s more believable than Evan.