The Client List: Season Three Renewal in Jeopardy

Client List season 3 or canceled?While season two of The Client List didn’t perform as well as the first year, the ratings aren’t what could cause the Lifetime show to be cancelled.

Featuring the talents of Jennifer Love Hewitt, Colin Egglesfield, Loretta Devine and Cybill Shepherd, the second season of The Client List averaged 2.06 million viewers with a 0.8 rating in the 18-49 demographic. That’s down from year one’s 2.51 million and 0.9 demo rating.

According to Deadline, the third season renewal is being held up because Lifetime and the producers are trying to figure out how to handle Hewitt’s real-life pregnancy. The actress is more than three months along.

Hewitt, who is also an executive producer on The Client List, wants her real-life fiancé Brian Hallisay to be the fictional baby’s dad as well. Playing Kyle Parks, Hallisay started as a recurring performer but then became a series regular.

This demand is at odds with the plans of Client List’s showrunner who wants Colin Egglesfield’s character (Evan Parks) to be the dad. Lifetime hasn’t made a decision yet but reportedly doesn’t want Hallisay.

Supposedly both sides are willing to walk away over this disagreement but a representative for Hewitt said, “There are many story lines we are exploring… So any suggestion that we are not doing our best to develop a great season is simply not accurate.”

What do you think? Which character should be the baby daddy? Do you think the series should be cancelled or renewed for a third season?

Canceled and renewed TV show

93 Comments on "The Client List: Season Three Renewal in Jeopardy"

Notify of

Wendy
Wendy
September 10, 2013 8:29 am
I would like to see a Season 3 and if the hold up is the fact that Jennifer is pregnant and who should be the father in the show, it would have to be Kyle because her and Evan didn’t sleep together for most to of Season 2. Riley ended it. So although that would make for very interesting TV it would be unrealistic and kinda telling your audience there were stupid to believe that Evan could be the baby’s father. Something else would have to give – maybe the guy she slept with for $50K – before Kyle got… Read more »
Kathy
Kathy
September 10, 2013 2:06 am

Don’t cancel the show! I think the show is awesome and can’t wait for season 3.

Julie
Julie
September 7, 2013 12:51 pm

Please bring back The Client list, really want to see what happens nxt after the fire at The Rub etc. This show is exciting, and I think that Kyle should be the dad as he is in real life. I know you will figure it out, Jennfier is a truly beautiful and amazing actress!

michele
michele
September 3, 2013 10:28 pm

Don’t cancel pleassssssse. I want Evan to be the daddy, because the sparks fly when they
Are together. But since nothing happened between the two. The daddy has to be the guy
That paid her to do the deed. Don’t cancel!!!!!!!

Tiffani
Tiffani
September 3, 2013 10:17 pm
I would like to see a 3rd season premier! I live with my parents and my mom and I both watch this show. We record the show regularly on the DVR to watch it later because we have lives that do have to continue and can’t be dedicated to the t.v. Every time we want to watch a show. As for the baby scenario if you want drama go with Colin being the father because that really will stir up a lot of issues between the brothers. If you want a little drama go with Brian. I personally think you… Read more »
Valerie
Valerie
August 29, 2013 5:56 pm
Please do not cancel this show!!! I watch it religiously and couldn’t bare to not have this show to look forward to. All we have are some really bad reality shows on lately and when this show came on I was so happy! Honestly at first I thought that Riley could have been a surrogate for Lacey and Dale-but now I saw some of the comments that the rich guy should be the father…that might be an even more interesting dramatic turn-lol. But because I love Riley so much and just love how her relationship with Kyle is going…and I… Read more »
TRUDY
TRUDY
August 24, 2013 1:32 pm

RENEW THIS WONDERFUL SHOW. I HAVE SO ENJOYED THIS FOR THE LAST TWO SEASONS..

Toni
Toni
August 22, 2013 9:53 pm

I like the idea mentioned above that she be the surrogate for her good friend since she was responsible for the loss of the baby. If that is not juicy enough I think it should be the man she slept with for money. Adds a nice twist.

T Crow
T Crow
August 22, 2013 4:49 pm

Why don’t they say she is a saragate for her friend who lost her baby. That way her husband not her brother in law is the father. This way she is pregnant on the show and helping her friend.

Country girl
Country girl
August 21, 2013 9:33 pm

Don’t cancel!! I’m in suspense for the next season! I enjoy watching the show and can’t wait for season three! I am torn between who the baby’s daddy should be. I love Evan and think he should get rid of that girl he’s with now. I also think Kyle could really bounce back as a dad. It would definitely make things interesting if it were Evan’s but then they will have to sleep with each other for that!! Please bring back the show!!

Karina
Karina
August 21, 2013 9:09 am

Have a miscarriage when they are about to do a DNA test, she is distraught yet slightly happy, we find out she alredy had a test before and kyle wasnt the father, leaving the $50k client the father. Having a another child will do nothing for the show so remove it. #doNotCancelTheShow!!

casey
casey
August 20, 2013 9:12 pm

Please don’t cancel the show. its some thing that shows what real Texas women will go to for their family. Being from Texas myself and only 30 mins for Sugarland that’s how it is here. But I think her husband should be the daddy. I love the way they are together.

Sandy
Sandy
August 19, 2013 10:48 pm

Please don’t cancel the show!!!!!’ I love it. I think Evan should be the father!!! I love their chemistry together on screen. There is always that doubt of whether they did or didn’t sleep together. I think the show is dynamite!

Sandy
Sandy
August 19, 2013 10:45 pm

Please DO NOT CANCEL THE SHOW! I think Evan should be the father of Jennifer Love Hewitt’s character’s baby. I just love their chemistry on screen!!! The show is dynamite!!!!!

LINNIE ZINNA
LINNIE ZINNA
August 19, 2013 3:59 pm

please don’t cancel the show!!!!! I agree with KERRI above through a wrench in the works and let that man she slept with be the daddy. LOL
I love this show! It shows that as a person and mother you make decisions you normally wouldn’t make unless your family is on the line. love it love it love it

wpDiscuz