The Fosters: ABC Family Series Renewed for Season Two

The Fosters season two on ABC FamilyABC Family isn’t waiting to renew The Fosters, their freshman family drama. They’ve picked it up for a second season while production of the first season is still underway.

The Fosters follows the lives of same-sex domestic partners in San Diego as they raise five children, one biological son, adopted twins, and a foster brother and sister. The cast includes Teri Polo, Sherri Saum, Jake T. Austin, Hayden Byerly, David Lambert, Maia Mitchell, Danny Nucci, and Cierra Ramirez.

The drama previewed in March and then started airing regularly in June. The episodes performed well enough for ABC Family to order an additional 10 episodes, bringing the first season total to 20.

The initial 10 episodes averaged 1.74 million viewers. The second set will start airing in January 2014 with season two expected sometime later next year.

What do you think? Do you like The Fosters? Are you glad to hear that there are a lot more new episodes ahead?

Brenda August 14, 2014 at 2:23 pm

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE The Fosters. Haven’t enjoyed a show this much in a long time. The actors are awesome, and especially enjoy the interactions between Stef and Lena, as well as their dedication and love to their children. Please ABC Family RENEW this show.

Jennifer June 7, 2014 at 9:31 pm

Great show. True life feeling and emotional challenges that im sure have happened before. Can’t wait for new season. Thanks ABC

Jennifer Slate May 16, 2014 at 5:06 pm

I love this show for a variety of reasons first I was in the foster care system in the 1960′s and have to say they have nailed it as far as depicting the feelings and emotions of the kids feeling invisible and replaceable. What is not real is the type of lifestyle the kids have a fabulous wardrobe this is just not the case in most foster care situations. I also raised kids under the guardianship program that is within the foster care system and believe me they don’t give much for clothing so if the child is lucky and the parent really cares they make sure the child has what other kids have. I love the diversity in this show in that they show that teenagers that live in the home do have feeling for each other that develop beyond the brother and sister relationship and it takes exceptional parents to work with these kids. I hope they keep this show on the air for many reasons but one of them being that two women who love each other can also be loving parents to children who otherwise would not have a home. Love is love and when you are a foster child that is what you need and want is love and acceptance. Good job!!

Anonymous March 14, 2014 at 12:33 pm

Great show! Believable situations. All about Family!!
Always look forward to the show each week!!!!
Keep watching!!!

Lori Van Dusseldorp January 26, 2014 at 4:16 am

OMG this is one of the best shows I have ever seen. What a great storyline not only for Foster Kids but for atomic families of this generation.

My own mother and uncle went through the foster system and had crazy experiences during their time in the system. Their own mother tried to kill them, their father did not want them and they were placed in a orphanage. My uncle who was a baby was fostered right away. However my mother faced hell. In and out of the orphanage /foster care until 3 years in when the foster parents who had taken in my uncle were able to take her. They tried to adopt both my mother and Uncle, but my grandfather would not have it. Then to top everything off the child welfare worker was stealing money that was suppose to help my mom / uncle. My foster grandmother was wise and was ready to turn him in when he pulled both my mom and uncle out of the home.

Every child needs a chance and it should not matter who is giving it to them … such as the lesbians in this story. Anyone who is willing to do this are hero’s in my eyes.

Thanks for the show and Please keep it going as this is true life and a good example to others that all atomic/nuclear families of this generation can make positive changes in this world and raise wonderful children / families.

Lori

Anonymous October 17, 2013 at 9:40 pm

I am so happy the fosters is back I can wait want will happen next season.

erin October 12, 2013 at 10:31 pm

I am really happy that The FOSTERS GOT A SECOND SEASON WHAT ABC FAMILY NEEDS is MORE VIWERS TO WATCH THE NEW FRESHMAN Shows
THE FOSTERS AND Especially TWISTED