The Fosters, Twisted: ABC Family Orders More Episodes

The Fosters TV showABC Family hasn’t renewed Twisted and The Fosters for second seasons but they’ve done the next best thing. The cable channel has given each a full first season pick-up and ordered more episodes.

The cable channel’s press release didn’t specify how many new episodes have been ordered but it’s believed that there will be 10 more installments of each. Both Twisted and The Fosters are expected to return sometime in January 2014, along with the third season of Switched at Birth.

To date, The Fosters has averaged about 1.7 million viewers each week while Twisted has drawn about 1.4 million.

“It’s thrilling to count our two freshman series, The Fosters and Twisted among our stable of strong, must-see, must-tweet series,” said Kate Juergens, ABC Family’s Executive VP of Original Programming and Development.

What do you think? Do you like either or both of these new series? Are you glad that they’ll be back with more episodes?

29 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Amy says

OMG! I just watched all the newest episodes (season2) of both shows and I am really really hoping there will be a third season of both! Great shows!

2. Anonymous says

I am 24, and I at first thought great another teen drama. However I am hooked. This series Twisted is excellent. Just when you think you have everything figured out, you don’t! Listen to the viewers, and please ABC family bring it back!!!

3. Sugar colon says

I happen to like both shows the fosters and twisted please don’t be so quick to cancel them, give them a chance to run as a viewer I’d like to see what happens to the characters and I
    do like the people portraying them , give the viewers what they want and let us enjoy these great shows

4. says

Excuse my French but: what the f@$& is abc family thinking???
    Your not happy with the 1.4 million viewers that watched Twisted??
    I loved that show since the 1st premiere. I would take that show over the fosters any day. When the last ep of twisted aired I was excited for the second season. & now ur not sure ur bringing it back . Wtf how about we just all stop watching ur channel. The top shows I loved from the station was: pretty lil liars, twisted and Melissa & joey. U can’t just cancel a gd show with out giving it a fair chance.

5. Denise says

Please, please renew both shows! Both story lines are excellent.
    Give me something good to watch besides
    Reality tv shows.

6. Georgia says

I love both Twisted and The Fosters. I think both shows should be renewed. There are a lot of us that can’t wait for new episodes each week.