The Fosters, Twisted: ABC Family Orders More Episodes

The Fosters TV showABC Family hasn’t renewed Twisted and The Fosters for second seasons but they’ve done the next best thing. The cable channel has given each a full first season pick-up and ordered more episodes.

The cable channel’s press release didn’t specify how many new episodes have been ordered but it’s believed that there will be 10 more installments of each. Both Twisted and The Fosters are expected to return sometime in January 2014, along with the third season of Switched at Birth.

To date, The Fosters has averaged about 1.7 million viewers each week while Twisted has drawn about 1.4 million.

“It’s thrilling to count our two freshman series, The Fosters and Twisted among our stable of strong, must-see, must-tweet series,” said Kate Juergens, ABC Family’s Executive VP of Original Programming and Development.

What do you think? Do you like either or both of these new series? Are you glad that they’ll be back with more episodes?

Diann October 3, 2014 at 11:07 am

I just found the fosters on netflixs and loved the show so I’m happy to see the show will continue. Thanks

Ck June 24, 2014 at 2:52 pm

Bring em back Twisted and Fosters, very entertaining!!!

Amy June 3, 2014 at 2:42 pm

OMG! I just watched all the newest episodes (season2) of both shows and I am really really hoping there will be a third season of both! Great shows!

Anonymous April 3, 2014 at 7:06 pm

I am 24, and I at first thought great another teen drama. However I am hooked. This series Twisted is excellent. Just when you think you have everything figured out, you don’t! Listen to the viewers, and please ABC family bring it back!!!

Sugar colon February 2, 2014 at 11:04 am

I happen to like both shows the fosters and twisted please don’t be so quick to cancel them, give them a chance to run as a viewer I’d like to see what happens to the characters and I
do like the people portraying them , give the viewers what they want and let us enjoy these great shows

Veronica January 14, 2014 at 4:36 am

Excuse my French but: what the f@$& is abc family thinking???
Your not happy with the 1.4 million viewers that watched Twisted??
I loved that show since the 1st premiere. I would take that show over the fosters any day. When the last ep of twisted aired I was excited for the second season. & now ur not sure ur bringing it back . Wtf how about we just all stop watching ur channel. The top shows I loved from the station was: pretty lil liars, twisted and Melissa & joey. U can’t just cancel a gd show with out giving it a fair chance.

Denise January 4, 2014 at 9:34 pm

Please, please renew both shows! Both story lines are excellent.
Give me something good to watch besides
Reality tv shows.

Anonymous October 1, 2013 at 2:04 am

Yes like both.

yesy September 3, 2013 at 10:51 pm

Both series are awsome!!!!!!!!I will like to see more episodes.the fosters and twisted,were waiting!!!!!!!!!!!!

Georgia August 21, 2013 at 1:15 am

I love both Twisted and The Fosters. I think both shows should be renewed. There are a lot of us that can’t wait for new episodes each week.

Heather August 14, 2013 at 2:24 pm

My kids and I look forward to Tuesdays so we can watch Twisted!! It is one of our favorite shows.