The Hard Times of RJ Berger: Cast Responds to MTV Cancellation

The Hard Times of RJ Berger canceledFans of The Hard Times of RJ Berger are understandably upset by the cancellation of the MTV series after two seasons on the air. The final episode left some shockers that apparently won’t be resolved, like jock bully Max kissing a guy in the locker room shower and Lily discovering that she’s carrying RJ’s baby.

The viewers aren’t the only ones who will miss the TV series though. The cast took to Twitter to express their sadness over the news.

Paul Iacono (RJ Berger): “RIP RJ Berger. You were a great guy in more ways than one. On to bigger and better…”

Amber Lancaster (Jenny Swanson): It’s sad but true #RJBerger got cancelled after 2 amazing seasons. Thank you to all the fans who loved and supported us. xo #RIPjennyswanson.”

Kara Taitz (Lily Miran): “RIP RJ Berger. Lily will always love you!:

Caitlin Crosby (Amy) confirmed to a follower that the show had been cancelled and added: “Onwards & upwards!”

Jayson Blair (Max Owens): “I regret to inform you that Hard Times has ben cancelled. Thank you to everyone that supported us for the last two seasons. I have nothing but love for you!”

Larry Poindexter (Rick Berger): “R.I.P. #RJBerger It was great being your dad.” To his castmates, Poindexter wrote: “All things must pass…great peeps, honored to work w/em…”

To co-creators David Katzenberg and Seth Grahame-Smith, Poindexter tweeted: “Thanks for giving me such great stuff to do – it was a real pleasure to work with/for you two – ’till next time…”

Katzenberg wrote, “R.I.P. #RJBerger Thank you to the fans and everyone involved in the show. What an incredible journey.”

What do you think? What will you miss most about RJ Berger? What should have happened in season three?

Jay October 18, 2012 at 10:20 pm

This is my fav show wether if your a weird person or normal u gotta love it and this show is coolin my eyes and season 3 needs to be at least the lastseason becus wereall stuck on lily bein pregnant,,bring rj back u gt my support

Anonymous October 8, 2012 at 7:51 pm

HEll no

TieT September 6, 2012 at 1:02 pm

WTF?!? I watched season 1&2 in the last 3days and NOW I FOUND OUT THERE’S NO RJ BERGER SEASON 3 ????? GD you are so f*cking annoying MTV! Luckily my nephew just said you canceled the jerseyshore f*ckers. Sometimes things ARE good in life…

Joanna August 28, 2012 at 9:56 pm

What the hell I was so looking forward to the next season. Bring Rj back. I hate all of you and all these lame new shows on MTV. Whosever great idea this was I’m going to find you And kick you in your left nut or tit. Peace ;(

Jacob May 28, 2012 at 1:02 am

BRING RJ BACK!! This is the only great show on MTV!!!!!

Caleb July 30, 2012 at 8:53 am

Ikr? Beavis and butthead and Jersey shore remain on t.v. and they suck!! <_<

Stacey May 10, 2012 at 5:46 pm

CANCELED?! NO! I loved RJ Berger! I’m sad to see it go.
I was so pumped for season three! I just know the baby isn’t RJ’s! It’s totally Hamilton’s.
I also was really excited to see Max’s new beau! The struggle of him coming out would have been an exciting story line!
I’m really depressed this show never made is to season three, but we’ll just have to hope they might bring it back in the future.

B-Ry February 8, 2012 at 6:32 pm

Wow! I never thought about it with Bevis and Butthead. They brought that back… Why not RJ Berger? Then again, cartoons don’t age. Maybe they still can bring it back in the near future. (2-4 years)

David Moran January 26, 2012 at 7:21 pm

Yet another great show cancelled! Piss me of that how people don’t appreciate great funny shows like rj instead they prefer teens being prego jst disappointed with MTV …

James January 20, 2012 at 12:24 am

Man Season 1 & 2 Was Freakin amazing Im Very Disappointed that they Canceled Season 3 they need to uncancel & Make Season 3 NOW !

Johnny Quantico December 1, 2011 at 6:10 pm

Whoa, this sucks! I really wanted to see how this whole show was going to pan out. I guess MTV just wants to show us more pregnant minors with low moral values and self worth. Let’s hope Awkward and I Wany My Pants Back can keep teen comedies alive on this network. They even brought back Beavis and Butthead, WTF?

Ashley August 17, 2011 at 4:59 pm

I hate MTV. Screw MTV wish that channel would just be removed off tv period.

Annalise August 17, 2011 at 2:38 pm

Im soo pissed.. The finale left us all hanging and now we’ll never know what could’ve happened!?!? this dissapoints me…thanks a lot mtv! ..Not

CJ August 16, 2011 at 3:33 pm

I say, a TV movie finale.

John August 15, 2011 at 5:51 pm

No spoiler alert? What the hell!

admin August 15, 2011 at 6:44 pm

John » The show ended in May!