The Whole Truth: Cancelled Series Pulled by ABC

Whole TruthThough the cast and crew of The Whole Truth will get to finish filming their 13 episode commitment, there’s no guarantee viewers will get to see them any time soon. Earlier this week, it was revealed that the show had been cancelled by ABC. Now, it looks like the network is pulling the legal drama from the schedule for the whole month of November.

As previously announced, next week’s episode will be preempted by the interview special In the Spotlight With Robin Roberts: All Access Nashville. The following week, the entire Wednesday night line-up is bumped for the Country Music Awards.

After that, Whole Truth is being replaced by a pair of celebrity specials. On November 17th, ABC will air 25 Years of Sexy: People Magazine’s Sexiest Man Alive!. The following week, Primetime: Celebrity Plastic Surgery Gone Too Far? will take the timeslot.

It’s unknown if The Whole Truth will return in December or if ABC will keep the remaining nine episodes sitting on the shelf.

What do you think? Will ABC air the rest of the The Whole Truth episodes soon, over the summer, or never?

Maureen January 4, 2011 at 4:10 pm

Why would ABC cancel such a good thought provoking show? What is wrong with programming that they don’t like ‘grownup’ shows? Just makes me more sure to return to cable shows like Burn Notice!!

Jenni December 27, 2010 at 7:35 pm

I cannot believe they would cancel a FANTASTIC show! Really ABC? I hope another channel picks it up and they get the chance to rub it in your face what a bad decision you made! I’m All For TEAM “The Whole Truth”… Put It back on or let your mistake kick u in the rear when it turns successful on another network!!!! Do the right thing!

Angel December 26, 2010 at 9:05 pm

This was a clever and entertaining show. You get to know if the defendant/plantiff is really guilty. It was a good suspensful show.

Karen Pore December 22, 2010 at 5:43 pm

I am SOOO mad! I love this show. It was absolutely my fav new one of the season. I rarely watch a show in it’s 1st season because of this stuff and it makes me so mad!!!!and to not air the episodes they already shot! I have been a Law & Order junkie for the last 10 years and of course other court/cop dramas..but never do you get to know if they really did it!!! GIt makes me so mad. This is why ABC can’t ever have any good shows even with NBC going to Jay Leno for a year!! So stupid.

GERRY December 22, 2010 at 3:29 pm

GOOD…………………………WHOSE BRIGHT IDEA WAS IT TO MAKE ROB MORROW APPEAR LIKE A DIRT BAG ? NEEDS A SHAVE, UNKEMPT, SNEAKERS ?? UNREALISTIC. IF I WAS A JUDGE I WOULD KEEP HIM OUT OF MY COURT ROOM. I WON’T EVEN LET HIM I MY HOUSE TO WATCH THIS SHOW.
I HAVE NEVER SEEN A SHOW WHERE THE DA AND DEFENSE ATTORNIES LOOKED LIKE THEY WANTED TO JUMP INTO BED TOGETHER.
SORRY TO SEE A SHOW , WHICH COULD HAVE BEEN A WINNER , RUINED AT THE BEGINING BY BAD PRODUCTION.
I STILL WATCH MY NORTHERN EXPOSURE AND ER DVD’S.

Jackie December 16, 2010 at 6:55 am

Too bad…bad decision! Guess the message was too moral. Sure, that’s what we need more sexist man alive, and another plastic surgery gone wrong!

Sammi December 16, 2010 at 1:10 am

I truely think it’s a shame. I think the only reason it’s being “canceled” is because not enough people know it even exists.
I love it yet my DVR doesn’t even record it. I’d have to wait for the internet to post the next episode. I really don’t want this to sound wrong, but both “numbers” & “ER” both had SUCH a following, for both the shows & the actors… I feel like if more people knew about the show they’d atleast try it, if for actors for that reason alone. And truely those actors aren’t the reason they’d keep watching it… It’s because of how AWESOME the show is. Everyone likes to think they aren’t superficial, but really, we are all. The thing is about this show…. Everyone would start watching this show because of the profound yet recocnised actors but they’d keep watching it because of how AMAZING the show actually is. I legitimately think it is a GREAT show.

julie December 13, 2010 at 8:21 pm

I love the show. We got to find out the truth at the end of the episode which is why it was so good to watch. You can keep guessing throughout the show if the person on trial is innocent or guilty and then you find out at the end. I hope the network will give the show a better chance. At least they should air the remaining episodes!

J fan December 13, 2010 at 5:34 pm

This show was awesome. My husband and I truly enjoyed watching the show and the back and forth timing kept it interesting. Please bring it back

jan hohn December 13, 2010 at 8:47 am

loved the show. such a great cast. please reconsider ABC

Frances December 12, 2010 at 9:46 pm

Why would you cancel such a great show?? Acting is superb! Please reconsider.

anjel December 12, 2010 at 5:08 pm

I don’t know about others but I love this show. It’s sad to see it go so soon and the fact there are still nine ore episodes left for season one. To have the show be replace for celeberty special is a kick in the a – -!!! leave the show on

Joanne December 11, 2010 at 7:36 pm

Unbelievable! One of the best shows on network TV. Typical of ABC in its lack of judgement of quality writing, acting and premise. Thank God for the Good Wife and CBS for providing decent dramas. Hopefully, it will be picked up by Cable or another network with good judgement of quality TV.

liza December 11, 2010 at 12:02 am

Too bad! This was a great show that really demonstrated how the defense and prosecution are operating on part truths when they argue a case. I did like the closure at the end–because unlike real life, it is nice to find out the Whole Truth. Let us see the rest of the season please! Way better than Dancing with the who wants to be a millionaire home makeover…

Pat December 10, 2010 at 3:15 am

How can ABC take off a wonderful show and leave other shows, on different time slots, that are mindless dribble? This was a show that my husband and I enjoyed together every week. What happened to all of the good shows ABC? I guess that is why they invented Cable.