Twisted: Cancelled or Renewed for Season Two?

Twisted TV show on ABC FamilyLast year, ABC Family introduced three new dramas — Twisted, Ravenswood, and The Fosters. Ravenswood (a Pretty Little Liars spin-off) has been cancelled while The Fosters has been renewed. What will become of Twisted?

Airing on Tuesday nights, Twisted is a mystery/thriller series that revolves around 17 year old Danny Desai (Avan Jogia). Six years ago, he was charged with killing his aunt and he ended up spending five years in juvenile detention. Now, he’s been released and has returned to his small hometown in New York. As he tries to resume his life, a classmate is killed and Danny becomes a key suspect. The cast also includes Madelaine Hasson, Kylie Bunbury, Ashton Moio, Kimberly Quinn, Denise Richards, and Sam Robards.

The pilot episode aired as a special preview in March 2013 and drew 1.19 million viewers. It wasn’t a great start but the ratings picked up when the regular season started in June. They quickly fell again but ABC Family ordered 10 additional episodes of Twisted anyway. That decision may have been influenced by the fact that they had recently cancelled Bunheads and The Lying Game.

When the second half of the season kicked off in February and viewership nearly hit a new low, despite the fact that it had popular Pretty Little Liars as a lead-in. Last week, when Twisted no longer had that strong lead-in, viewership hit an all-time low with just 726,000 viewers.

The second half of the season averaged 1.11 million viewers. Ravenswood was cancelled with higher viewership. Based on these numbers, it’s looking unlikely that ABC Family will order a second season of Twisted.

But, what do you think? Are you a fan? Should Twisted be cancelled or renewed for a second season?

8/13 update: ABC Family has cancelled Twisted after one season.

Sadie August 5, 2014 at 4:41 pm

RENEW RENEW RENEW!!!!!!!!!! I HAVE TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS!!!!!!!!!”””

erin August 5, 2014 at 12:18 pm

Sandra,
I will not brother you anymore I will leave you alone

Deandra August 5, 2014 at 2:56 am

No ! Twisted MUST come back they can’t leave us hanging like that !!! This show is too awesome !!!!

Kaitlyn August 5, 2014 at 2:18 am

PLEASE don’t get rid of it I just watched it all on netflix and I really love this show please have a season two or I will die

Britt August 5, 2014 at 1:37 am

I love twisted and hope it comes out with another season so many questions un answered just like the lying games so many untied ends and questions

Anonymous August 5, 2014 at 1:15 am

Please don’t cancel Twisted its a realy greT show

ISA August 4, 2014 at 10:08 pm

Please don’t get rid of twisted !!!! I love the show and I know tons of people that love it tooo! Please don’t cancel it ! We all will be very sad:(

erin August 4, 2014 at 10:57 pm

Well I change my mind twisted isn’t a good show to watch on the abc family and doesn’t deserved to be renewed for a second season I don’t like it i am not twisted fan and its all charile fault for working with jack and dealing with vickram and he’s will and his all of his business money its was jack idea to stage vickram car and charile just wanted to move vikram body charile used. To work with jack and he want nothing to do with him but they had a past

Sadie August 5, 2014 at 4:45 pm

Its a show! Hense the name “twisted” its full of twists, turns, a d surprises, you can’t go by the first episode that aired either! There’s more to it! That’s why we want it back!

erin August 4, 2014 at 8:14 pm

The only thing I want abc family to do is to renew twisted The Fosters PLL Swiched At Birth And more season abc family please bring back ravenswood and kyle xy back on the abc family

Jasmine August 6, 2014 at 11:22 pm

please renew twisted thats what i watch on abc family who cares about switched at birth cause i surley dont watch it& chase life watever that new series i dont even watch that shit cause its boring & i watch pretty litte liars but that shit getting old to every time i turn around a new A after a while thats gonna get old waiting on who actually atfer alison .so please bring back twisted its a very interesting show & i watch it everytime.

Chloe August 4, 2014 at 7:45 pm

Twisted is the best show ever please don’t cancel it!

Layla August 4, 2014 at 7:46 pm

I agree twisted is the best show ever!

Layla August 4, 2014 at 7:44 pm

Don’t cancel twisted I watched it every week!

erin August 4, 2014 at 8:09 pm

If I ask a lot of questions just please tell me to stop

Layla August 4, 2014 at 7:41 pm

DO NOT CANCEL TWISTED! It’s the best show in the whole world! I love it a lot! Please keep it on!

erin August 4, 2014 at 8:02 pm

T I agree with you twisted should be renewed for a second season but you need to know that the abc family doesn’t like how the raitings are on the twisted series it only got 1million of people watching it and when they did the final episode at the end it should’ve got 1.77 viewers watching it and there was a cliff hanger with it and that got 0.77 and that means it got 0.3 and was heading to cancellation bear but the cancellation bear didn’t want to do anything with canceling twisted so be surprise if it gets renewed but if it doesn’t how would you feel

erin August 4, 2014 at 4:58 pm

Harper
Sorry but abc family wont be canceling these show people love these shows switched at birth and the fosters because they are good shows I disagree with you but bring back ravens wood and twisted they are great shows!

Tee August 4, 2014 at 4:47 pm

Twisted is an excellent show and it needs to be continued. It has just gotten interesting, so we should go for a season 2 in my opinion.

Snow August 4, 2014 at 4:15 pm

Ok you shouldn’t cancel Twisted or The Fosters! No one gives a care about Ravenswood! You already have PPL, you don’t need another stupid show about the mystery of who knows what persons death! So don’t cancel The Fosters and don’t cancel Twisted, because people have gotten attached to the show!

erin August 4, 2014 at 4:38 pm

Snow

T August 4, 2014 at 3:07 pm

Please don’t cancel Twisted!!! Someone was shot at the end and I HAVE to know who it was! Also, several of my questions haven’t been answered yet! Don’t cancel I LOVE THIS SHOW!!!!!

erin August 4, 2014 at 4:54 pm