Twisted: Cancelled or Renewed for Season Two?

Twisted TV show on ABC FamilyLast year, ABC Family introduced three new dramas — Twisted, Ravenswood, and The Fosters. Ravenswood (a Pretty Little Liars spin-off) has been cancelled while The Fosters has been renewed. What will become of Twisted?

Airing on Tuesday nights, Twisted is a mystery/thriller series that revolves around 17 year old Danny Desai (Avan Jogia). Six years ago, he was charged with killing his aunt and he ended up spending five years in juvenile detention. Now, he’s been released and has returned to his small hometown in New York. As he tries to resume his life, a classmate is killed and Danny becomes a key suspect. The cast also includes Madelaine Hasson, Kylie Bunbury, Ashton Moio, Kimberly Quinn, Denise Richards, and Sam Robards.

The pilot episode aired as a special preview in March 2013 and drew 1.19 million viewers. It wasn’t a great start but the ratings picked up when the regular season started in June. They quickly fell again but ABC Family ordered 10 additional episodes of Twisted anyway. That decision may have been influenced by the fact that they had recently cancelled Bunheads and The Lying Game.

When the second half of the season kicked off in February and viewership nearly hit a new low, despite the fact that it had popular Pretty Little Liars as a lead-in. Last week, when Twisted no longer had that strong lead-in, viewership hit an all-time low with just 726,000 viewers.

The second half of the season averaged 1.11 million viewers. Ravenswood was cancelled with higher viewership. Based on these numbers, it’s looking unlikely that ABC Family will order a second season of Twisted.

But, what do you think? Are you a fan? Should Twisted be cancelled or renewed for a second season?

8/13 update: ABC Family has cancelled Twisted after one season.

Canceled and renewed TV show

3,385 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. SpobyForever says

Twisted isa good show but if you ABC/ABCFamily it’s all about the ratings and if the rating arent what the network wants then the show gets the axe. If they get renewed then the writers are going to have to step up their game and prove to the network that they didn’t make a mistake by keeping the show.

2. Tjpboy Pugliese says

Twisted is the best show on abc family u need to bring it back for season 2 u cant just leave us off with a cliff hanger like that. Twisted forever!!!!

3. Anonymous says

Don’t cancel the show!!!! It’s rare that I find a show worth tuning in to every week. This is one if I have to miss it I catch it on demand.

4. Teen mom says

Normally not a fan of teen drama but got sucked in by the mystery and character study of this one. Found the main character and his friends really interesting. Also loved seeing how the mystery unfolded . Think Twisted has a lot of potential. Bring it back for Season 2

5. Unknown says

DONT CANCEL!!!!!!! I’m gonna die!!!!!!!! I love Twisted!!!!! I just think there should be less of the dirty scenes and more of the MYSTERY!!!:)

6. christina says

I watch all these shows online because I do not have a PVR and I work full time and get behind on the shows, but I watch them nonetheless. I’m sure this is the case for many people. If these shows get cancelled I will no longer watch anything from ABC as this is the third time I have become attached to a show they decide to cancel. Not only are they cancelled, they do not have the decency to create a tie-up episode to get rid of the loose ends leaving viewers angry and left hanging. NOT IMPRESSED… DON”T CANCEL!

7. Leah says

Dont Cancel Twisted!!! The show has really been heating up and getting better and better. Give it another chance. I think what happened was there was such a huge gap between when they aired it originally and when they brought it back again. It think people forgot about it.

• erin says

Please Read This Carefully

Paul Lee is now the abc family vice president and from what he saying which is true the abc family network raitings are danger therfore we don’t know if there will be a second season of twisted I have a feeling twisted will be returning back in 2015 or 2016 but I think they will put twisted on hold until the abc family network repair their falling raitings and it is that bad

GO TO https://tv.yahoo.com/news/abc-president-paul-lee-inks-contract-164400010.html and email him with your frustrations and concern about the abc family network shows
      WHAT WAS SAID A LONG TIME AGO ON ABC FAMILY THEIR BUDGET IS REALLY BAD AND THEY HAVE TO GO THROUGH THE ABC FAMILY FINANCE and see if their abc family shows will be returning back on the air or not THE PERSON YOU NEED TO CONTACT IS Paul Lee
      Please go to this site and find Paul Lee email address and put your frustrations and concerns about the abc family shows and might respond back to you

8. Cayla says

Please continue twisted and bring back ravenswood!! I watch them all online as I don’t have foxtel and don’t like to wait for it to hit Australia! So many people I know watch them online especially PLL so I’m not sure if that gives you readings but Australia is loving them all!! Once PLL season 5 is done we won’t have the mystery shows to watch :( so on behalf of me and many of my friends we want you to continue twisted and ravenswood PLEASE

9. Stephanie says

I believe that twisted is an amazing show. The reason why this show does not have many viewers is because many teens have electronic device in which they can watch their tv shows on. I feel that twisted should have a second season! It has no supernatural genre which is why I think it’s an amazing show. Please renew the next season !

• Unknown says

That is sooooo true. It left me hanging and i want to know what happens to Jo,Charlie and Danny……….SO PLEASE CONFIRM THAT IT WILL NOT BE CANCELLED!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Ayla says

Twisted ravenswood and fosters are all great shows, with great plot twists and character building. Now here is my point of view on why abc is having such a hard time getting the ratings up. These shows are geared toward ages 13-18 and mostly girls. They should have ratings through the roof with teenage girls as their target. But today’s teens are spending less time watching tv and more time on their phones and computers. Garenteed lots of people don’t schedule a tv show in their bussy teen age life, instead they would rather go online to one of the hundreds of websites to watch it on their time.

I am 19 and I love each of these shows. I have also watched all of these shows and all their episodes online. I have a job and a life, tv is my last priority. So I watch my shows I love so much on rainy days.