Unforgettable: Cancelled; No Season Two

no season two for unforgettable on CBSIt turns out that Unforgettable didn’t live up to its name. CBS has cancelled the police drama after one season on the air.

The TV series revolves around Carrie Wells (Poppy Montgomery), a female police detective with an unusually detailed memory (hyperthymesia) that helps her solve crimes. The cast also includes Dylan Walsh, Michael Gaston, Kevin Rankin, and Daya Vaidya.

Unforgettable started out the season with a 2.9 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 14.09 million total viewers. Over the course of the season, the drama’s ratings declined. At the end of the season, they fell as low as a 1.8 demo rating with 9.45 million viewers.

Are you upset that Unforgettable has been cancelled?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

The season ended up averaging a 2.3 rating in the demo with 11.3 million viewers. While the total number of viewers is impressive, the demo number (and its decline) is not. CBS already has several other shows that deliver lots of viewers but the advertisers gravitate towards the younger demo.

On our CBS Ratings Report Card, which measures the relative success of shows on the network, Unforgettable has a “C-” grade and is #15 on the list of CBS scripted shows.

If CBS wasn’t doing as well as they are, Unforgettable might have been renewed for a second season but, as it is, CBS cancelled the show instead.

What do you think? Are you going to miss Unforgettable? What made it unique? How does it compare to the other crime dramas on the network?

John October 4, 2012 at 9:12 am

Unforgettable was one of the best cop shows on tv. I couldn’t wait for Tuesdays each week just because of this show. Major dissapointment.

Gerry N September 11, 2012 at 5:29 pm

I will miss Unforgettable. My husband and I watched it every week. Interesting, like the crime solving and the chemistry between detectives

Bilbo September 10, 2012 at 7:26 pm

Hesds up NBC ABC FOX, CBS is trying to get down to your level. Canceled Unforgettable! Unreal.

Joanna Teeters September 7, 2012 at 3:22 pm

Awesome blog.Much thanks again. Really Great.

Jan August 20, 2012 at 11:16 pm

I LOVE THIS SHOW!!! WHY DO WE HAVE TO HAVE THAT REALITY CRUD!!!!

Donna Small August 10, 2012 at 1:11 pm

I so ENJOYED this show!! The idea of a woman solving crimes based on her memory was unique!! The show always had the appeal of mystery and intrigue. Shame on CBS!!

Mark July 14, 2012 at 5:40 pm

Can you ever get it right another great show bits the dust but you won’t listen if you did maybe you would ask first ,try to get the opinion of the thinking public that actually enjoys shows with intellegents, if there is anyone that reads these postings that has the sence to reverse the decision to cancel this show and give it one more season, I am sure you would not be disappointed,
Waiting to see ……

Spider July 10, 2012 at 6:55 pm

With all the crap that’s on TV these days, I had finally found one of a few shows that I really liked. Even if it was another cop show, it was different. I even recorded it when I wasn’t going to be able to watch it…….”Unforgettable”. Now I’m flipping channels again trying to dodge all the reality crap and reruns that I’ve already seen more than once……

Anonymous June 20, 2012 at 11:17 am

CBS, do you ever wonder why your ratings are down? Could it be because you CANCEL the GOOD shows and keep the crap?

scott June 15, 2012 at 12:32 pm

i love the ideal of the program. she was a strong woman with with demons to conquer she didn’t always go about it the right way but she always got the job done and didn’t worry about what people thought. she stood her ground. hate to see the program go. but cbs seems to always cancel the good one.

Kimberly June 14, 2012 at 3:22 am

This is the 3rd of my TV shows that has been cancelled this season, a 4th was threatened but lo & behold it was renewed… This was an interesting show as I looked forward to the slow motion rememberances of Ms. Wells, though there wasn’t enough of that portrayed after the first few episodes. CBS obviously forgot that that’s what the show was supposed to be about. This show has/had great potential and I feel sorry that it has been cancelled without giving it a proper tryout… You hear me writers???

john aprea June 12, 2012 at 3:05 pm

I loved that program.I don’t believe that cbs canceled this program. I would think that they would give it another year,to prove itself.

pd June 12, 2012 at 8:06 am

At the risk of appearing politically incorrect, this series seemed to have two big flaws: too much focus on one strong female lead. At one stage the show appeared to have more interest in showcasing Montgomery’s figure and in doing so simultaneously highlighted her mono-expression acting when it came to portraying the over-confident, alpha-female, false-modesty flirting. I got sick and tired of her hang-dog half-bite-your-lower-lip false contrition expression. It portrayed a side of the character that got increasingly further from the deep and loyal long-standing relationship with the male lead. In the end Montgomery’s character would yo-yo between criminal gambler nightclub sex-kitten vamp and ‘affected’ day-job anti-hero detective supposedly burdened forever by the one memory she can’t recall, the death of her sister.

Maybe this is a classic case of a strong female lead role being cut down by a glass ceiling factor but I am not sure. The show made little attempt to develop the characters of the other detectives and suffered from this. In a sense, to sum it up, too much Montgomery! Nobody likes a smart arse (especially when there’s no other characters to balance one out)!

Tammy Kivett June 11, 2012 at 12:02 pm

I am very disappointed that CBS cancelled Unforgettable. I loved that show!!! CBS needs to bring the show back. I enjoyed all the characters!!

Regina Ward June 9, 2012 at 9:09 pm

I loved the show and am so sorry to see that it is cancelled. It is so much better than many of the shows that were not cancelled. I enjoyed the character development of Carrie Wells and hope another channel picks up the show. CBS made a big mistake.