Wedding Band: Cancelled by TBS, No Season Two

Wedding Band TV show cancelledTBS has cancelled Wedding Band after one season. The sitcom ran for 10 episodes on Saturday nights and completed its run this past Saturday at 10pm.

Wedding Band revolves around a group of four adult friends who perform in a wedding band in their spare time. The show features the talents of Brian Austin Green, Derek Miller, Harold Perrineau, Peter Cambor, Jenny Wade, Kathryn Fiore, and Melora Hardin.

The show debuted on November 10th to 1.85 million viewers with a 0.8 rating in the 18-49 demographic. The ratings for subsequent installments were quite a bit lower and fell as low as 937,000 viewers.

While Wedding Band won’t be back for a second season, TBS still has several original sitcoms — Sullivan and Son, Men at Work, and Cougar Town. All of those essentially draw about twice as many viewers as Wedding Band did.

What do you think? Did you like Wedding Band? Are you sorry that it’s been cancelled and won’t be back for a second season?

Dorak March 28, 2014 at 10:17 pm

Cannot believe they canceled it. This show was awesome!

Anonymous March 8, 2014 at 9:23 pm

This is vs, this was one of the better shows on tbs. This is some mess. I’m really upset.

S. November 26, 2013 at 10:33 am

So sad that this show isn’t coming back :( I thought it was fun and a little different. Maybe the fact that it was on at 10p on Friday/Saturday night had something to do with the lack of viewers…… I wish they’d give it another chance in a better time slot!

Brigitte November 1, 2013 at 6:41 pm

This was really a fun show. It’s sad that so much junk is renewed year after year but a show that was new and innovative was only given one season. Maybe it should have been aired on a different night. I really hope that a different network takes a second look and brings it back.

Annette October 11, 2013 at 7:48 pm

The Wedding Band is fantastic. I can’t believe it won’t be back. I watched from the first episode and was hooked. I recorded it every week. Will miss it BUT, hope it will be back!!!

Gerry Donahue September 22, 2013 at 12:45 pm

Didn’t catch this show until the last few episodes. Loved the cast and music and really wish it was given a longer run by the studio. If it could be saved I’m sure it would gain momentum and become a strong and successful show for whoever picked it up. Sorry to see a good show like this get dumped when so many crappy ones keep surviving in spite of their lack of quality.

Carissa September 17, 2013 at 1:06 am

So sad that there is no season 2. I loved loved loved this show. Please bring it back.

terrence williams September 10, 2013 at 12:06 am

the wedding band was a great show!! it was funny innovative .. the musical arrangements were fantastic. I hope some other network gives it another shot

Tracey September 7, 2013 at 11:27 pm

I thought this show was funny. It was something I could watch with my teenage daughter. I can’t believe they picked up Cougar Town after it was dropped by the prime time channels. That is a show they should have run from. They have so many other shows that are supposed to be comedies but are anything but funny that they keep. Wedding Band was actually funny! Music was great! Wish TBS would read all these comments and bring it back!!