Almost Human

Almost Human TV show on FOXNetwork: FOX
Episodes: 13 (hour)
Seasons: One

TV show dates: November 17, 2013 – March 3, 2014
Series status: Cancelled

Performers include: Karl Urban, Michael Ealy, Minka Kelly, Mackenzie Crook, Michael Irby, and Lili Taylor.

current TV show

TV show description:
This sci-fi police drama takes place 35 years into the future, in the year 2048. It’s a world in which police officers are partnered with highly evolved human-like androids.

Detective John Kennex (Karl Urban) is a cop who’s survived one of the most catastrophic attacks ever made against the police department. He wakes up after a 17-month coma. He can’t remember much — except that his partner was killed. He’s lost one of his legs and is now outfitted with a highly sophisticated synthetic appendage. He suffers from depression, mental atrophy, trauma-onset OCD, PTSD and the “psychological rejection of his synthetic body part.”

John returns to work at the encouragement of his longtime ally, Captain Sandra Maldonado (Lili Taylor). Every cop must now be paired with a robot and, despite his passionate aversion to androids, John is no exception.

He’s partnered with a battle-ready MX-43 model. He abruptly terminates this pairing after the robot discovers incriminating information about him. As a result, technician Rudy Lom (Mackenzie Crook) introduces John to Dorian (Michael Ealy), a discontinued android with unexpected emotional responses.

Although these responses were deemed flaws, it’s these “flaws” that John relates to Dorian most — John is part-machine and Dorian is part-human. John and Dorian’s understanding of each other not only complements them, it connects them.

As he adjusts to working with his new partner, John also must learn to get along with his new colleagues, like the sharp and insightful human intelligence analyst Detective Valerie Stahl (Minka Kelly) and Detective Richard Paul (Michael Irby), a distrustful man who doesn’t welcome John back with open arms.
space

Series Finale

Episode #13 – Straw Man
Kennex and Dorian revisit the past when a string of murders are similar to those committed by a serial killer who was put in jail by Kennex’s father. Dorian gets his first performance review after being reactivated.
First aired: March 3, 2014.

space
What do you think? Do you like the Almost Human TV series? Do you think it should have been cancelled or renewed for another season?

Stu April 12, 2014 at 11:08 pm

Very innovative and entertaining.. Worthy of several years of shows.

Gayle April 11, 2014 at 10:56 pm

This is probably the best show Fox has had in a long time. It is smart, funny, and dramatic all at once. It is wrong that the network would keep horrible shows like American Idol and cancel something that actually stimulates one’s brain cells.

Jill Bresnan April 11, 2014 at 8:51 pm

I like this show a lot. I hope they don’t cancel it.

Jared April 11, 2014 at 8:00 pm

great show

dice April 11, 2014 at 7:43 pm

Awesome show! Please don’t cancel!

Sheryl April 10, 2014 at 11:02 pm

My whole family loves this show. It is the ONLY show we all watch together. Honestly it is the only show I sit down to watch at all and I have satalite. That’s one show a week chosen out of hundreds of options. Do NOT cancel this series. I, too, am sick of reality shows and find Almost Human to be very interesting, funny, and I love the cast. They were chosen very well and it is too good to be taken away.

Mary April 10, 2014 at 9:00 pm

Do not cancel this show, it’s one of the few good series on tv!!!!

v April 9, 2014 at 7:24 pm

When u receive that dumb a** Nelson rating booklet , just do as I did “Tell em” No one watches live Telly anymore.
They need to get their heads out of their butts and wake up out of the stone age. I only know one person watches live Telly and she is 92.
Its a Series killing rating system. Live Telly is been gone more then 20 years. They are just trying to find more ways to throw on a bunch of series on air every 4 months and then they get axed around 10 episodes.
I assume this process is necessary to lure more advertisers because they cannot come up with live viewers. Its a necessary scam to keep the lie of the “Live Telly” a live. Then they just forget about the unhappy viewers.

Matthew April 9, 2014 at 8:24 am

No I don’t think the show should be cancelled I really like this show I look forward to Monday nights so I can watch it but has not been on for a few weeks so Fox please don’t cancel.

Bruce Farrelly April 9, 2014 at 1:25 am

I like this show better a time goes on.
Hope it stays on.

Susan givens April 8, 2014 at 8:24 pm

This is the best new show on any network . I hope Fox renews it and gives the show a chance to build an audience.

Deanna Johnson April 8, 2014 at 2:41 am

This is one of the few shows I set my iPod down to watch because it is THAT good… No distractions, I have to pay attention or I might miss the imaginative new technology they come up with. My husband & I looked forward to watching Almost Human every week. So much that we almost always watched it the same night it aired. Please renew Almost Human!! It’s nice to have a show to look forward to watching together… One that is intelligent, interesting, funny & different.

MMC April 9, 2014 at 6:58 am

Do not take this show off, it’s a really good show.

Kathryn Powell April 8, 2014 at 2:39 am

Love the show. It’s a keeper.

Nancy Hamilton April 7, 2014 at 7:43 pm

We love this show. Please renew it for so many of us who enjoy this show.

Kay Jackson April 7, 2014 at 5:32 pm

Please!! Do Not Cancel “Almost Human”. This is a show both my husband and myself enjoy watching. Not much else on TV is as interesting.