Back to You: Fans Mourn Cancelled FOX Sitcom

Back to You tributeViewers, upset over the demise of FOX’s Back to You, took to the street last night and today. They set up an impromptu memorial for the sitcom in front of the FOX studio.

Deadline Hollywood reports that multiple candles, balloons, photographs, sympathy cards, American flags, and neckties (in reference to Kelsey Grammer’s Chuck character) decorated the street.

Apparently FOX executives didn’t like the attention and asked security to remove the tribute offerings. Undaunted, fans continued to drop off additional items throughout the day.

Grammer stopped by to pose for a photo with the tribute and others associated with Back to You are reportedly appreciative of the support.

Other fans have started a campaign of their own. They’re asking fans of the show to encourage CBS to pick up the show by sending bottled water (a reference to a cost-cutting joke on the series). Learn more here.

Could this extra attention help sway CBS to pick up the sitcom? Stay tuned! TV Series Finale home page

Back to You tribute

Beverly Stanley July 11, 2009 at 6:01 pm

I’m sorry to bother you again. I was just wondering if someone could email me to let me know if the show will return back on the air. I would love to catch a taping of this show. I watch all the reruns of Frazier and Everybody Loves Raymond. They are my absolute favorites sitcoms. I’m planning a 10 day trip from Nashville to California and back. It would be great if the show was back on.

Sincerely,
Beverly Stanley

Beverly Stanley July 11, 2009 at 5:55 pm

I wanted to add another comment… I have Comcast DVR so I can record all the episodes of several sitcoms such as Everybody Loves Raymond, Frazier, Will & Grace, Just Shoot Me, etc. There really aren’t any funny sitcoms on TV right now. This is reason why “Bact 2 You” needs to come back on the air. I was just watching the special features on the DVD and realized why the show was taken off the air. So I hope that the networks are considering bringing it “Back 2 You”…lol

Beverly Stanley July 11, 2009 at 5:47 pm

I don’t know how I missed this show when it was on TV. I rented the episodes from Netflix. It was hilarious! I can’t believe it was canceled. I agree that another station chould pick this show back up. I loved it. I was disappointed when I rented Disc 3 and saw there were only 3 episodes on the disc. Please bring the show “Back 2 You”…lol

Altina September 12, 2008 at 3:36 pm

Dear Fox,

I loved that weekly series Back To You, If you do decide to bring back one of my favorite sticoms you would be doing the right thing Kelsey & Debra are great together .
P.S. And make sure you bring back the same writer.

Anonymous May 25, 2008 at 9:18 pm

great show bring it back….

Janet Gire May 22, 2008 at 9:39 pm

This show was very funny. It started out without much chemistry between the
cast members but It didn’t take long for them to get it together.
Come on Fox give them another chance.

Tara May 22, 2008 at 2:49 pm

I love this show. This is one of the few ones my husband and I actually look forward to watching. Both Grammar & Heaton are fabulous and their chemistry is hilarious. I would loose alot of respect if they got rid of this show

BrainGun64 May 16, 2008 at 5:29 pm

Please bring Back to You back to FOX – and back off, you dumb TV newsanchorman
Kelsey Grammer!

Loretta May 16, 2008 at 2:09 pm

I tried to watch this show, but couldnt really get into it. But I still love Kelsy and Patricia. I still watch Everybody Loves Raymond on MY 13 and Frasier, both very, very good. Raymond is always funny. Was sorry to hear Peter Boyle passed on.

Sheila May 15, 2008 at 12:15 pm

I can’t believe they are cancelling the best sitcom on TV!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was the only sitcom my husband and I watch because the others are so lame! What were the network exec’s at Fox thinking?

wildcatherder May 14, 2008 at 8:41 pm

Sorry, “Back to You” just wasn’t that funny. Try to find an episode, any episode, of the “Mary Tyler Moore” and you will find more laughs in a news room. All the actors tried hard but “shall we tell the child?” does not a season make and firing Montana removed the eye candy. (Still love you Patricia Keaton.)

mik May 13, 2008 at 9:09 am

Whats up with cancelling Back to You….if networks would quit changing shows to different nights all the time…we would watch them…pretty hard when you never know what night they are on. This is a very, very funny show!!!!!!