Criminal Minds: Season Nine Renewal from CBS

Criminal Minds renewedFollowing some extended contract negotiations, CBS has renewed Criminal Minds for a ninth season.

The crime drama is still a very successful series for CBS and was considered a shoe-in for a renewal — until contract negotiations with the cast got in the way. The network was supposedly willing to cancel the show if the right players didn’t re-sign.

According to Deadline, Thomas Gibson, Joe Mantegna, Shemar Moore, Kirsten Vangsness and A.J. Cook have all signed new two year deals. Showrunner Erica Messer signing a new contract last week.

Vangsness and Cook supposedly stuck together in the negotiations and tried to get salary parity with Moore and Matthew Gubler, their male counterparts. They didn’t get it but did end up receiving sizable pay raises.

What do you think? Are you glad to hear that Criminal Minds is coming back for a ninth year? Should it keep going for a 10th?

Canceled and renewed TV show

14 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Judy says

As an older person I am so tired of the reality shows (that I may have watched once)… and absolutely hated them….shows that are clean … no swearing; clean sex etc., which are clean shows and are what the stations need to put back on. You have a new younger group of individuals and older individuals that I don’t think are being taken into consideration.

What real people do in real life should stay personal and not be made a show…reality shows have gone crazy.

2. Sandy B says

This has been my favorite TV show since the beginning. The characters are all awesome. I own all the seasons on DVD, great for a cold rainy Sunday !!!

3. DAISYMAE says

I would hate to see anyone leave. I have to agree with one of the comments below, the earlier years, they was more mystery when solving the crimes, I don’t agree with Morgan
    will be the big cheese. I think that Morgan may be stepping aware for Garcia, because he is becoming more involved with his girlfriend. I just saw tonight’s episode, then I saw
    a question about do you believe in Angels helping our on criminal minds. I hope one of them do not die and just show up as a angel. If anyone leaves I don’t think it would survive another season especially if it is Morgan or Garcia

4. says

does anyone think that prentiss may do guest appearences like they said they would when she left the show—i did she she will in a new comedy called spys but sometime actors jump around

5. Tammi Sand says

Yes, keep it going, but please please do something to make it as good as earlier seasons. (3rd 4th and 5th were my favs) I was always drawn to the intelligence of the show and the excellent mix of characters, but somethings amiss. My prediction re 9th season is that Strauss will be killed in next weeks finale, Hotch will get her job, and Morgan will in turn get to be head Honcho of the team explaining why he’s been distancing himself from Garcia (Needs to play the IT man, without quirky female attachment). It will suck for the fans, but appease his “gigantic you be trippin” male ego and propell his career. (He thinks). Just boils me that Kirsten and AJ were getting so much less for their work on CM then the guys. No rationalization trumps the fact that it’s just out & out WRONG.

6. says

ONE OF THE BEST SHOWS ON TV. SO HAPPY TO HEAR IT WILL BE BACK. HOPE ALL OF THE CAST WILL BE RETURNING. LOSING ANY OF THEM WOULD BE LIKE SAYING GOOD-BY TO A FAMILY MEMBER. LOVE THE SHOW.

7. says

Please keep it on until the actors are as old as me. LOL It’s the most intelligent crime show on television. The characters seem real with real day to day things we all live with, but they are solving the most heinous of crimes while trying to have a life.

8. GARY C says

THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST SHOWS ON TV PERIOD IT SHOULD BE RENEWED FOR AT LEAST 10 MORE SEASONS THEN I WILL BE TO OLD TO WATCH IT ANYWAY