CSI: NY

CSI: NY Network: CBS

Episodes: 197 (hour)
Seasons: Nine

TV show dates: September 22, 2004 – February 22, 2013
Series status: Cancelled

Performers include: Gary Sinise, Melina Kanakaredes, Carmine Giovinazzo, Hill Harper, Eddie Cahill, Anna Belknap, Robert Joy, A. J. Buckley, Vanessa Ferlito, and Emmanuelle Vaugier.

current TV show

TV show description:
A group of NYPD forensics scientists investigate mysterious deaths and other serious crimes.

The CSI team is led by Detective Mac Taylor (Gary Sinise) who previously served as a U.S. Marine. Mac is plagued by insomnia and is haunted by the loss of his wife in the 9/11 attacks.

Other past and present team members include former child prodigy Dr. Sheldon Hawkes (Hill Harper) and detectives like strong-willed Stella Bonasera (Melina Kanakaredes), Brooklyn native Aiden Burn (Vanessa Ferlito), troubled Danny Messer (Carmine Giovinazzo), witty Don Flack (Eddie Cahill), and Midwest transplant Lindsay Monroe (Anna Belknap).

This spin-off of CSI:Miami is typically the most gory of the CSI franchise.
space

Series Finale

Episode #197 — Today is Life
The team investigates a case involving a police officer, Kevin Hopkins, who shot and killed a man named Timothy Brown while pursuing him for the burglary of a jewelry shop. Hopkins asserts that his actions were in self-defense as he claims Brown had pulled a gun and shot at him. Hopkins’ partner admits he did not hear an initial gunshot from Brown and Brown’s hands also test negative for gunshot residue.

Pressured by protests and riots from the public in response to the shooting, the CSI’s search for additional evidence and eventually find a bullet casing at the crime scene. A ballistics match to several open cases links the location of one shooting to the address on a summons sheet found in the pocket of the jacket left behind by the other burglar.

The team heads to the location and winds up in separate chases in which one of the burglars is shot down by Jo when he reaches for his gun and the other, a man named Ray Griffin, is taken into custody. Griffin admits to the robbery and to shooting at Hopkins before escaping, while Adam discovers that the jewelry Brown had on him was his own and not stolen from the store. Brown had just pawned some of his jewelry to buy an engagement ring for his girlfriend.

Hopkins mistook Brown for Griffin since they were wearing the same clothes and shot Brown as he was reaching for his cell phone. Brown was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Inspired by Brown’s mantra to make the most of every day, Mac proposes to Christine and she accepts.
First aired: February 22, 2013

space
What do you think? Do you like the CSI: NY TV series? Are you upset that it’s been cancelled and won’t have a 10th season?

d April 4, 2013 at 10:21 pm

I liked and like all CSI’s , figure out something to continue them. I like figuring out who done it. Don’t understand why more people aren’t watching, because I am . I miss CSI Miame. I watch reruns on other channels now. Because of all the cancelling. but I like new ways of solving the mysteries of cases.

Gloria March 27, 2013 at 8:47 pm

Great show please do not cancel this one we still miss CSI MIAMI!!!

margaret February 18, 2013 at 9:48 pm

i have watched csi-ny from the beginning and its one of my fav shows, and i really have liked it all the way thru, stella leaving made no negative impression for me. i also like csi-miami, but ever since the put wolfe on i have really had a hard time watching, to me it looked as if he never worked i think he may have done something about three times if that. i stopped completely the season before the last. as far as csi-las vegas, i have watched all the episodes, the changes in the casting never seemed to make a difference and i think that is the way it should be and has worked on this show. i think that cbs is the better network than the others, and has better shows. my favorite shows are the three csi’s, and ncis. they all have teams and they do a good job some better than others, but to each ones opinion on what they like. i hate to see new york end just yet, i think that miami ended because it had hit its tenth season, but mostly in the past few seasons it was getting too many different faces on the team. where ny and vegas, hasnt done that, i dont really know why vegas has lasted longer than the others, none of the three are the same. so please keep new york on. marge

CM January 23, 2013 at 12:14 am

To me, the best of all the CSIs. Miss Stella though.

sarah January 1, 2013 at 2:10 pm

Can someone tell me what happened to Stella? I must have missed some episodes because she was on the show & then gone. I like Jo but she’s no Stella! I DVR all the episodes, old & new, but haven’t seen the one where Stella leaves…HELP!!

admin January 1, 2013 at 3:43 pm

The character left because the actress playing her didn’t renew her contract. Stella supposedly took a job in New Orleans.

Gloria December 14, 2012 at 10:09 am

Glad this show is still going to be on. I miss CSI Miami!!

dawn May 14, 2012 at 7:35 pm

I’m glad to see that you are not taking CSI NY off the air. I like watching all of the CSI programs but the original one and the NY ones are our favorites. We would of liked the Miami one but we don’t like the red headed guy on there. He is not a very good actor. Sometimes they act like they are reading their parts and not memorizing it. if people don’t like these shows because they think its to bloody then change the channel, no one is twisting your arm to watch it, some of us LOVE this kind of shows, like me. If I don’t like a program or like who is on it I watch another channel. I sit and watch all the law and order programs over and over again, but when it comes to watching anything with Sharon Osborn or Ashtin Kethurer( can’t spell his name and don’t care) in it on on it I will not watch them. they have a potty mouth and are a bad influence on young people.

jacqueline byrd April 28, 2012 at 10:10 pm

i hope this show is not cancelled. i love all of the characters. the stories are so interesting.

p woodhouse April 17, 2012 at 4:01 pm

hope they dont cancell csi new york . by far the best of the csis.great scripts and acting.danny rocks

eric March 3, 2012 at 1:44 pm

lets try new blood with the writers and not the show…WE LOVE IT!!!!!!

al toland February 14, 2012 at 10:14 pm

Take csi:ny off 2011-2012 friday night,Will not watch cbs friday, one the best show on tv. cbs always take the best show off tv. thank you. al toland

denise December 29, 2011 at 2:53 pm

I hope it isn’t cancelled, if someone doesn’t want to watch it they can turn the channel, but at least it’s still there for us who do want to watch it, I really like the replacement for stella in the show, she was on sisters and I really liked her in that.

Thnunumber6 May 17, 2011 at 10:38 am

Yeah, baby! CSI: NY has not been cancelled! Glad to see the execs at CBS came to their senses, even if if was at the last minute!

CSI: NY Rocks! January 21, 2011 at 6:37 pm

seriously never say that CSI: NY is what keeps me alive and not stressed it helps to relax me.

ANONYMOUS July 1, 2009 at 12:14 am

CANCEL THIS SHOW!! I’M SICK OF PEOPLE TALKING ABOUT IT!!!!!!!!! THERE’S 2 MUCH BLOOD & IT IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BORING!!!!!!!!!! BLECK!!!!!!!!!!