Do No Harm: Cancelled by NBC After Two Episodes

Do No Harm canceledTo absolutely no surprise, NBC has cancelled Do No Harm, their new Thursday night drama. The network has pulled it from the schedule already, leaving 10 episodes unaired.

Do No Harm revolves around Jason Cole, a neurosurgeon with an unusual dilemma. Every night at 8:25pm, he becomes someone else — an alternate and evil version of himself who goes by the name Ian Price. Jason has managed to keep his alter ego from appearing, thanks to medication. Unfortunately, the serum stops working suddenly and Ian appears, more dangerous than ever.

The TV show features the talents of Steven Pasquale, Alana de la Garza, Ruta Gedmintas, Phylicia Rashad, Mousa Kraish, Michael Esper, John Carroll Lynch, Lin-Manuel Miranda, and Samm Levine.

The series premiered last week to just a 0.9 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 3.12 million total viewers. Those were incredibly bad numbers.

How bad? It’s the lowest demo rating for a scripted series premiere in television history among the four major broadcast networks.

Since the pilot was released online a couple weeks before the television airing, might more people tune in for episode two? Nope. The second installment saw the ratings drop even further — to a 0.7 rating with 2.21 million viewers.

NBC has wasted no time in cancelling Do No Harm and reruns of Law & Order: SVU will fill the timeslot for the immediate future.

Production of the 12 episodes of Do No Harm was completed last month so this leaves 10 episodes unaired. There’s no word on when or if NBC will release them.

What do you think? Did you like Do No Harm? Why do you think so few people gave it a chance? What did you like about it?

Yolanda February 25, 2013 at 10:12 pm

I loved this show. I was wondering why it wasn’t on my DVR from the past two weeks. Please bring it back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Canz February 25, 2013 at 8:32 pm

N.B.C. made a bad decision. My wife and I loved that show. Give it a chance, and NBC puts reruns on? A good example why more people are watching Showtime and HBO instead of broadcast stations. The network brass is to blame. Running scared from original programming.

lisa February 24, 2013 at 7:10 pm

plz bring this show back!!!!!!

Maria February 24, 2013 at 7:58 am

Loved it! The second episode was even better than the first! I think they should give it another chance. Please air the rest of the episodes for those of us that loved it and see what happens because it can be a successful series!! I was hooked from the start please air the rest of the episodes that have already been filmed.

Lesa February 23, 2013 at 6:27 pm

Why people, WHY????? I absolutely loved it. Fix this MAJOR ERROR and bring it back! PLEASE…

Helen February 23, 2013 at 10:49 am

My sister and I were just discussing the show and we both like it and didn’t see it listed after the second episode.
We do, however, dvr it as do, I’m sure, a lot of other people. If a large number of people record it for future viewing and that number is not reflected in the ratings, perhaps pulling it was not the best choice.

Anonymous February 22, 2013 at 1:51 pm

I also liked the show, it was different than the usual hospital shows that are out now.

Anonymous February 22, 2013 at 1:08 pm

Do No Harm was an amazing show NBC should of given it a better chance. since they have already spent the time filming the rest of the season i think that it wouldnt do no harm to show the rest of the episodes, or just bring it back completely.

Glenda Campbell February 22, 2013 at 12:44 pm

I am so disappointed at the cancellation of Do No Harm. I loved the premise and hope they at least play the rest of the episodes soon.

Linda February 22, 2013 at 11:48 am

Loved it. Loved it. Loved it. NBC needs to pull their head out of their behind and put it back on the air. Jason Cole does an amazing job transforming from good to bad and vice versa – without makeup or any special effects! I am so sick and tired of reality shows I could vomit. Bring back DNH and let those of us who want to be entertained BE entertained!

Henry Shupe February 22, 2013 at 10:31 am

The show is much better than the ratings reflect!

J.B.B. February 22, 2013 at 12:16 am

I totally agree with “Anonymous”!! It took years before “Seinfeld” was a hit. Can you imagine what we all would have missed if it had been cancelled after the first two or three episodes?! Perhaps “Do No Harm” should not have been put opposite “Elementary” on CBS! At the very least, view the rest of the unaired episodes!! So what if only a few million people watched it … it’s time for the networks to STOP catering to the advertisers!!!

Shockpea February 21, 2013 at 11:30 pm

This was a wonderful show and they should have at least aired the entire season. Chicago Fire is still on, as is the 1600 Penn pile of puke and those shows suck. What are you thinking NBC?

TERESA February 21, 2013 at 11:20 pm

I LIKED IT.

Anonymous February 21, 2013 at 10:10 pm

Ridiculous!!! We loved it and couldn’t wait for the next episode!!! Why cancell it after two episodes?! NBC obviously doesn’t care about their viewers!!! Get rid of the reality shows that these dumb people watch!!!

TERESA February 21, 2013 at 11:21 pm