Dracula: Cancel or Keep the NBC TV Series?

Dracula TV show: cancel or keep?Grimm has done very well for NBC on Friday nights and is one of their highest-rated dramas. How has Dracula been performing? Is it safe or likely to be cancelled?

Based on the classic Bram Stoker story, Dracula takes place in London. The title character (Jonathan Rhys Meyers) poses as an American entrepreneur while he seeks revenge on those who cursed him. He doesn’t count on falling in love with a woman (Jessica De Gouw) who looks like his deceased wife. Others in the cast include Thomas Kretschmann, Oliver Jackson-Cohen, Victoria Smurfit, Katie McGrath, and Nonso Anozie.

The series debuted on October 25th to a 1.8 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 5.26 million viewers. This was a very respectable performance for a Friday airing.

Unfortunately, the ratings took a big dive in week two and then again in week three, falling to a 0.9 rating with 2.96 million.

Should Dracula be cancelled?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

After seven episodes, Dracula is now averaging a 1.1 in the demo and 3.46 million viewers. Unless the next few episodes see a good-size gain, the averages will keep dropping.

With ratings like these, it would seem unlikely that NBC would want to order a second season. However, the network has partnered with Sky Living on the series, decreasing their costs. Dracula started airing in the UK on Sky Living last Halloween.

It’s also worth noting that NBC renewed Hannibal last spring and that show drew even worse numbers on Thursdays.

So, essentially, Dracula’s fate could go either way. We’ll have to wait and see whether it will be cancelled or renewed for a second season.

But, what do you think? Do you like Dracula? Do you think it should be renewed or cancelled?

Kathy February 7, 2014 at 8:30 pm

YES YES YES!!! Keep the show! I love the drama and Johnathan Rhys Meyers is a wonderful actor. The last show was quite a cliffhanger and I’ve GOT to see how it plays out!!! 

ava February 7, 2014 at 8:05 pm

Please keep Dracula! Great cast and wonderful acting. Very exciting and sexy show! Love, Love, Love it.

Rosanna February 7, 2014 at 5:36 pm

Jonathan is gorgeous…I was not impressed with how they made him look. he needs to look more handsome …like the hottie he is!

I was not impressed with the first two episodes but it started picking up and now I want to see whats happening.

If people dropped off…it was because of the way they stopped it then started it again…I never knew if it was on or not…really stupid and annoying!!! Plus its Friday night..people go out.

I watch because of Jonathan!

Michael February 8, 2014 at 11:40 am

Please NBC sell the show to Showtime or HBO or AMC because they will treat the show like it should be treated. They would promote it, let it show when it is supposed to and not have any breaks during a season, and not be so on the fence about it. I knew before it aired that a horrible network like NBC wouldn’t know or treat this gem like it should be. It’s the best thing to come from a major network since LOST. Wake up you morons at NBC!

Gm February 7, 2014 at 4:11 pm

I love this program I can’t wait to see the 2nd series!

Malena February 7, 2014 at 8:08 am

I love the show. Good acting, a different view of Dracula story. Something different from boring and predictable shows like Nashville.

Mickey February 7, 2014 at 6:33 am

I love this show. Jonathan Rhys Meyers is amazing as Dracula and the rest of the cast are great as well. A visually beautiful set and a second season please. This story needs more than one season to tell. Please renew!!

Kim Roberts February 7, 2014 at 5:17 am

This is a wonderful show! I was a bit hesitant with the premise. I have not been disappointed! I truly enjoy the cast & the plot!

Judy Whitney February 7, 2014 at 3:53 am

To cancel NBCs ‘Dracula’ would be a huge mistake. When you have great actors, intriguing dialogue, wonderful scenery and beautiful period clothing, why cancel? This is a fantastic show and Jonathan Rhys Meyers…..well, he’s a joy to watch…right down to the way he walks into a room, he’s very captivating. I truly hope that this exciting, intelligent show will definitely be renewed.

regina February 6, 2014 at 10:14 pm

Please,please keep Dracula on for a second season. I really love this show.The acting is great. Love the story line and Jonathan. I couldn’t wait for the week to go by so I could see another episode.

Anonymous February 6, 2014 at 9:23 pm

Love Dracula keep it or we riot

Evelyn Robinson February 6, 2014 at 6:18 pm

I always have loved Jonathan Rhys Meyers work. He is such a sexy man. Great actor. He deserves a second season. Please give Dracula a second chance.

brittany February 6, 2014 at 3:21 pm

Please renew! I’m hooked and will be dying to see what’s next! Amazing series!

Nicole February 6, 2014 at 9:55 am

This has been my favorite new show of this year. Great cast, great costumes, great storyline. PLEASE give it another season!

Carey February 6, 2014 at 5:51 am

It would be a sad shame if it is canceled! I think the cast is great, the story lines got deeper with each episode making it a long week waiting for the next episode. Keep it on! It is more than worth the watch! Jonathan Rhys Meyers, you have an amazing talent captivating your audience. I am hopeful we will see a Season 2!

Jeremy February 6, 2014 at 5:44 am

I’ve been on the fence about the peacock since they cancelled “Life”, years ago. This program could be filmed in a studio. Nbc could give it another shot.