Dracula: Cancel or Keep the NBC TV Series?

Dracula TV show: cancel or keep?Grimm has done very well for NBC on Friday nights and is one of their highest-rated dramas. How has Dracula been performing? Is it safe or likely to be cancelled?

Based on the classic Bram Stoker story, Dracula takes place in London. The title character (Jonathan Rhys Meyers) poses as an American entrepreneur while he seeks revenge on those who cursed him. He doesn’t count on falling in love with a woman (Jessica De Gouw) who looks like his deceased wife. Others in the cast include Thomas Kretschmann, Oliver Jackson-Cohen, Victoria Smurfit, Katie McGrath, and Nonso Anozie.

The series debuted on October 25th to a 1.8 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 5.26 million viewers. This was a very respectable performance for a Friday airing.

Unfortunately, the ratings took a big dive in week two and then again in week three, falling to a 0.9 rating with 2.96 million.

Should Dracula be cancelled?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

After seven episodes, Dracula is now averaging a 1.1 in the demo and 3.46 million viewers. Unless the next few episodes see a good-size gain, the averages will keep dropping.

With ratings like these, it would seem unlikely that NBC would want to order a second season. However, the network has partnered with Sky Living on the series, decreasing their costs. Dracula started airing in the UK on Sky Living last Halloween.

It’s also worth noting that NBC renewed Hannibal last spring and that show drew even worse numbers on Thursdays.

So, essentially, Dracula’s fate could go either way. We’ll have to wait and see whether it will be cancelled or renewed for a second season.

But, what do you think? Do you like Dracula? Do you think it should be renewed or cancelled?

Gillian O┬┤Hara January 24, 2014 at 11:10 pm

I love Twilight and is not cra, The Vampire Diaries maybe is for young people and i like it, i love this show, i really love it beacuase is not more good or bad, is because is different :) RENEWEDDDD PLEASEEEE

Laurel January 24, 2014 at 10:57 pm

Please renew!!!

Natalie January 24, 2014 at 10:56 pm

Season 2 is a must. The acting is outstanding which makes it impossible to believe that their is a shortage of viewers. The net work is at fault for placing such a work of art in a horrible time slot. Focus, re-group and make an educated executive decision in creating a 2nd season.

This summer I would re-launch season one to capture the attention of existing and new viewers. This will have the audience craving for season 2.

Sophia January 24, 2014 at 10:43 pm

Please renew.

Anonymous January 24, 2014 at 10:42 pm

Dracula is amazing….I look forward to every Friday night….please do not cancel. We need more seasons!

Lis January 24, 2014 at 4:33 pm

Please do not cancel Dracula It’s an awesome show !

Katrina January 24, 2014 at 4:09 pm

This is the first show I’ve been excited to watch in 5 years. I will be distraught if it’s cancelled!!!

Haha-myfunnybone January 24, 2014 at 4:06 pm

I absolutely love this series with its eerie London settings, magnificent costumes and great characters. And of course plenty of sharp incisors and gallons of blood – slurp, slurp. It’s one of those rare things – a show with a strong female leading character – hurrah for Ms Smurfit. Please, please renew – I need my weekly vampire fix.

KPrice January 24, 2014 at 4:04 pm

Keep Dracula! I really enjoy watching it. Great story line.

maggie January 24, 2014 at 2:50 pm

EVERYONE WATCH Dracula tonite! nbc wants ratings lets give them to them! If u must dvr anything else you watch but Watch DRACULA tonite!

Jean January 24, 2014 at 1:42 am

Please do not cancel Dracula Jonathan Rhys Meyers is a pleasure to watch on television and so are the other actors but he has something very special. I enjoy the Dracula series very much it is done very well costumes are great everything is very good about this

Tommy January 25, 2014 at 12:25 am

I TOTALLY agree with you. I just finished watching the season 1 finale and i’m not going to spoil anything for anyone who hasn’t seen it yet. But to say they left things off in a VERY “unfinished” manner would be a gross understatement…!!! They ABSOLUTELY have to usher in a season 2 as EVERYONE will want to see what’s going to happen. Plus, Johnathan is just INCREDIBLE in this role as the “dark prince” it reminds me of watching “Dark Shadows” all over again back in the 70’s. And even the reboot that NBC THEMSELVES did in the early 90’s with Ben Cross playing Barnabus Collins was fantastic. So PLEASE NBC give your shows a chance at a second season i find it really hard to believe that the ratings have been “abysmal” for this new series. My advice is to “re-show” the first season just prior to the second new season airing and that will MOST certainly captivate quite an audience while refreshing there memories at the same time. So the NBC EXES i say this take a “gamble” with a season 2 you WILL NOT be disappointed…!!!

Dario January 24, 2014 at 1:37 am

Renew…. Must renew. This is a grown up TV show, not some teenager crap like Twilight. I know they moved away from what people consider Dracula but this show has my type of drama, romance, and action. It shows that there are powerful men behind the curtains running the show and in this case its similar to what is happening today. The Order of Dragon can be compared to the Fremasons of today. Dracula is simply fighting back with tactics and power and he is now their main target. I enjoy watching this show. RENEW!!!

Heather January 24, 2014 at 12:13 am

I like Dracula and I hope they keep it- renewed

Judy murphy January 23, 2014 at 6:57 pm

Please keep Dracula the cast and story lines are great. Please

Jamie January 22, 2014 at 10:01 pm

Vampires Diaries, is for young folks.
Dracular ,,, is for Grown Folks.