Ghost Whisperer: Watch Jennifer Love Hewitt’s Tearful Goodbye to Viewers

Ghost WhispererBy the time Ghost Whisperer was cancelled by CBS, the cast and crew had already wrapped their fifth season so there was no opportunity for them to give the show a true series finale. There was talk about the show possibly moving to ABC but it didn’t work out.

A lot of different sets were used in the production of Ghost Whisperer. Before they were dismantled and destroyed, Jennifer Love Hewitt returned to take fans on a 17 minute tour and to say goodbye.

In the video’s final moments, Hewitt gets emotional while addressing the show’s loyal viewers. She says, “It was an amazing five years. I can not thank you guys enough, from the bottom of my heart — for being so incredibly gracious, for being so loving, for being so accepting of Melinda and all of her craziness, all of her ghosts all of her nightmares, and all of her unfinished business.”

Hewitt continues, “Your love and support has meant everything to the cast and crew of Ghost Whisperer and we will all miss you guys very, very much. And I promise that I will come back to TV to do something really, really fun. Go get our DVDs, think about us, miss us and know how much we all will miss you. (tears up) Much love.” She has to stop at the end, saying “Sorry.” and giving a tiny wave to the camera.

Canceled and renewed TV show

274 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Maria says

I love this show. It is comforting to know that the ghost sees the light and passes on.

My brother-in-law passed away and he told my sister that he saw the light.
    I believe this happens.

If this show comes back on, I will have my popcorn waiting.

Lots of love to you and the cast!

2. Miranda Dehart says

This was my absolute favorite show. I still watch reruns with my mom EVERY TIME its on. Please bring it back.

3. C Miller says

This is an excellent show and should be brought back. It is a real shame when they stop these good shows as you can always find storylines

4. sfizz1 says

I enjoy this show so much, every single morning since I have had cacer, This my motivation. I watch this show on chiller channel. I am so amazed with the actors and story I want Chiller to never stop showing it. love you Jenifer
    Sandy Harrisburg,PA

5. Kris says

I started watching the series in August 2014 and just started season 5. I love this show!
    When it was originally on I thought it looked boring but I find it really well written and can’t wait to watch the next show on netflix. The acting is great and love the character, especially Melinda and Jim’s chemistry. I can’t believe they cancelled it and really wish they could some how bring it back. Maybe they can, with new technology it could be a fascinating show.
    Tell Jennifer to find her best writers it could be a first for TV, bringing a series back after it’s been canceled for a few years. It just needs a good time slot and Jim of course.

6. jonathan says

I loved it it was amazing it makes me help people more often and she was a awesome actor the first time I saw it it remained me and made me cry very good show