Grimm: Season Two Renewal from NBC

Grimm renewedTo no surprise, NBC’s Friday night TV series Grimm has been renewed for a second season.

The cast and crew were reportedly given the good news today. Richard Hatem, one of the TV show’s writers, announced the news to fans on his Facebook page today. Another writer, Akela Cooper, tweeted, “Walk into the office this morning & our showrunners David Greenwalt & Jim Kouf tell me the good news: #Grimm is picked up 4 a second season!”

Many of NBC’s new series have been a disappointment this season and have either been cancelled or are expected to be — The Playboy Club, The Firm, Free Agents, and Prime Suspect. Grimm has been one of the network’s few bright spots.

Debuting late in the fall season on little-watched Friday nights, Grimm has been outperforming higher-profile shows like Are You There, Chelsea? and 30 Rock.

Out of the 18 scripted programs that have aired this season, Grimm ranks ninth and averages a 1.6 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 5.27 million total viewers. On our NBC ratings report card, after adjusting for the Friday night timeslot, Grimm gets an “A”.

The final and 22nd episode of the current season is set to air on May 18th. NBC has ordered 22 episodes for next season right out of the gate this time.

Wondering what else has been cancelled or renewed? Check our updated list of current NBC shows.

What do you think? Are you glad to hear that Grimm has been renewed? Were you worried that it would be cancelled? What would you like to see happen in season two?

Canceled and renewed TV show

75 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Celina says

Yessss!!!!!!!! I love this show has well keep it coming please.very happy that we are going into second season cant wait to start recording and watching

2. Peter Htoo says

Thank God!!! It is a pretty good show considering that fact it was a pretty straight forward script till the later episodes where everything starts getting entwined… Keep it going…!!!

3. Will says

This show is awesome, thanks for leaving me wanting more, excited, I honestly cannot wait, Need to know what happens, got all my friends hooked on it.

4. TOM says

Extremely happy and entertained by GRIMM this season. I am concerned about Julia and what will be the ultimate outcome of the cat scratch. I like the introduction of Nick’s mother if she is going to be a guide for Nick. More evolvement between monroe and the herbalist would add a little more drama.

5. Mark says

Thank God the ratings were good for this show so it was renewed. Very sorry Awake didn’t make it. Glad Fringe is coming back I heard it narrowly escaped cancellation.

6. gregguzik says

I LOVE THIS SERIES, I WANT TO SEE GRIMM FIGHT MORE WITH HIS (TOYS). I WOULD LIKE TO SEE MORE OF CREATURES NOT JUST QUICK SHOTS. I THINK THE THE SIDE KICK THE WOLF MAKES THE SERIES BETTER. LET HANK KNOW WHATS GOING ON ITS NOT BELIEVABLE THAT HE IS IN THE DARK

7. Karen says

My husband & I just love Grimm.. we watch it every week.. Very much looking forward on season 2.. & Cant wait for it to start.. Hmm geee… when will season 2 begin ?? Yeah !!
    I think it’s the best sci-fi show… & Love all the characters in Grimm, Hope the characters dont change.. They are all so awesome !! :-)

8. Jen says

Yippee! Grimm is awesome. Look forward to watching each week. Great, smart writing and the main characters are very likable. Watch it – you will be entertained