Hit & Miss: No Season Two for DirecTV Series

Hit and Miss TV seriesSky Atlantic has opted not to bring Hit & Miss back for a second season. The TV show has been running on DirecTV here in the US. According to Sky Atlantic’s official statement, they only planned for the UK TV series to run for just one season anyway.

It reads, “Hit & Miss was commissioned as a self-contained drama. The series was the first UK drama commissioned for Sky Atlantic and the response from our customers and the press has been overwhelmingly positive. Following the success of this series, Sky Atlantic continues to be committed to investment in original British scripted productions with upcoming drama Falcon, and other productions which will be announced soon.”

Hit & Miss follows Mia (Chloë Sevingy), a contract killer with a secret: she’s a pre-op transsexual. Mia’s life is sent into a tailspin when she receives a letter from an ex-girlfriend who’s dying from cancer. The letter reveals that Mia fathered a son eleven years ago. Faced with a difficult decision, Mia becomes the guardian to a new family, a choice that forces her to mix her killer instincts with her newly acquired maternal ones. Hit & Miss is the story of a lethal killer at the heart of a troubled family and how all of their lives are dramatically changed.

Others featured in the show include Peter Wight, Jonas Armstrong, Vincent Regan, Ben Crompton, Karla Crome, Reece Noi, Jorden Bennie and Roma Christensen.

The six episodes began running on DirecTV on July 11th and finished on August 15th.

What do you think? Are you sorry to hear there won’t be a second season of Hit & Miss? What would you liked to have seen happen?

Yew November 7, 2012 at 8:59 pm

Really? And they wonder why nobody loses sleep over denying these companies their revenue when they make NO commitment to us whatsoever?

This world is changing, and the movie and music industry are the next to go once the republican party fades back into its confederate roots and ceases existence.

Starting with THE RICHES and FIREFLY my concern for the welfare of these entertainment companies who rejected technology for a decade before embracing it i have NO TEARS when its their offices shut down. Shame on them!

rosy October 31, 2012 at 4:01 pm

completely bummed. This is not the first time and I am sure not the last, that I get involved in a series only to have it cut down. I agree with all those other comments about the acting and plot…. I am so sad. I do not watch a lot of TV so it isnt like I can just fill in the time with something else. I wouldnt mind waiting a year for the continuation and I have done just that with other series, but to leave an audience hanging after hearts and minds have been touched is just cruel. It’s all about money, isn’t it. Because to say that it was “contained” is just a plain lie when what the last episode was, was a cliffhanger. Or did someone’s creative juices run out and not know how to continue the story? Bottom line: this is a very unkind way to treat the fans.

Claudia B October 25, 2012 at 4:56 pm

BRING IT BACK…..PLEASE!!!!!!!!

verysad October 23, 2012 at 1:32 am

What a pity this show has been axed maybe some other channel should commision series 2 Channel 4 perhaps they are never afraid to show original T.V. a rethink is definatly in order.

Nia October 19, 2012 at 2:02 pm

Sky atlantic made a mistake!!!

Hit & miss was brilliant, bring it back!!

Christine G. October 17, 2012 at 12:44 pm

Are you kidding me??? I haven’t been this hooked on a TV series in a long time & decided to do a search to see when we could expect Season 2 and find out there won’t be!? How cruel to give us just enough episodes to become totally emersed in the characters & plot only to leave us hanging. I am so bummed! With the quagmire of endless
reality shows & the likes of CSI Miami/Las Vegas/New York/Los Angeles/Detroit/Cleveland/Albuquerque/Des Moines etc. etc. this was truly a breath of fresh air. For the first time I found myself recommending it to others-with enthusiasm! And I felt so fortunate to have stumbled upon it while restlessly trying to comb through the endless crap that’s saturating the myriad of networks we currently have. I really hope it gets resurrected somehow or that the same writers come up with something comparable or better (& that I’m lucky enough to find out about it.) Anyway…BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :(

c dewitz October 17, 2012 at 10:15 am

OMG. No season 2? We are extremely disappointed. We got so excited when we could watch it – my partner and I. I don’t care about “other” British series. Please bring back HIT and MISS.

Mojo October 16, 2012 at 8:54 pm

Loved the show and the characters and acting were superb. It is so sad that it was not renewed. I only hope another network will pick it up. It is not often you see such good characterization with all the children and Chloe Sevigny as difficult as the role was, played it fantastically! It needs promotion with a bigger audience! I refuse to watch her in The American Horrer Story after such a wonderful series that left you hanging!

Susan harvey October 16, 2012 at 11:12 am

This was the most creative show on television in the last 3 decades. Really sad this network does not have the guts to keep a brilliant show and cast of actors on the air. Will not be watching the audience network for future series when they cancelled this excellent series. Hopefully another network has the brains to pickup the series.

Anonymous October 13, 2012 at 12:50 am

@ Reyna Voop

“I think my patronage equals the kiss of death. >:(

Every single television show I like and follow gets cancelled. My latest fave, ‘Hit & Miss’, has been axed, not getting a second season and leaving so many things unresolved and ending on a completely screwed note. It was a brilliant programme; well-filmed, edgy and happily outside the average comfort-zone.

So… enjoy your s#!%%* reality shows, regurgitated talent contests and endless re-hashes of crime scene, hospital and court dramas, folks. Anything progressive, original or thoughtful won’t succeed because of the absolute glut of crap that gets broadcast because nobody will take a chance and back quality shows.”

Summed up perfectly and it’s kind of what’s happening to me and my favourite shows.

Like most here, I was literally glued to the show and thought about it and the characters long into the week. Indeed the characters and storyline still resonates with me even now on a daily basis. The cast was interesting and varied. The acting, well, absolutely top notch, from everyone. Engaging story line and believable characters, the show was an absolute tour de force of drama and emotion.

Genuinely gutted that this is a one off. Very sad.

L. Vetters October 10, 2012 at 6:51 pm

WHATTTT!??? NO SEASON 2??? WHY NOT?? IT WAS A WONDERFUL SERIES WITH AWESOME CHARACTER BUILDING AND ACTORS! TELEVISION IS NOT HITTING THE MARK TAKING THIS SERIES OFF THE AIR! WHAAAAAA! : (((

L. Vetters October 10, 2012 at 6:50 pm

WHHHATTTT!???? NO 2

Carole October 10, 2012 at 2:40 am

Hit and miss is one of the best shows on TV. All the actors were great and the story line was different and had me coming back to see what would happen next. I want another season I was really looking forward to it. I’m upset that it is cancelled!

peter masley October 2, 2012 at 1:23 pm

Hit and Miss was one of the finest TV dramas I have ever seen. The casting, the acting, the directing, the writing, the music, and the photography were of the highest quality. I rate Hit and Miss as an equal to Mad Men and Homeland and the Wire and the Killing (both versions) and the Bridge. It is a loss to society and the creative arts that Hit and Miss will not live to see a second spectacular season. Nothing can take its place.

Brittney September 29, 2012 at 7:15 pm

Love Hit and Miss! So sad it’s not going to be on for another season…
Such great acting and storyline, please bring it back!!!