House, Alcatraz: What Happened to Monday’s Episodes?

Alcatraz House canceled episodesThe 2012 Daytona 500 pulled in some great ratings for FOX on Monday night. In fact, it was the most-watched Daytona 500 in FOX’s history, pulling in a 5.4 demo rating and 14.89 million total viewers.

But, what about House and Alcatraz, the TV shows that were preempted? We’ve received several emails from readers who are wondering if they’ve missed those episodes or when they’ll air.

The 14th episode of season eight of House, “Love is Blind,” will now be shown on March 19th. House is preempted next week by a double helping of Alcatraz and March 12th’s is a repeat so viewers will still see the new episode in production order. House says goodbye on May 21st with a retrospective and a series finale.

The seventh episode of Alcatraz that had been scheduled, titled “Clarence Montgomery,” will now be shown on March 12th. This means that viewers will be seeing episodes out of order but that’s nothing new. The eighth installment was shown on February 13th and the fourth was broadcast a week later, on February 20th.

Alcatraz is scheduled to wrap its season with a pair of episodes on March 24th. All 13 original episodes will have been shown by that point.

What do you think? Does it bother you when shows like Alcatraz are shown out of order? Do you think it hurts the series or that it doesn’t really matter?

Canceled and renewed TV show

29 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. kevin says

Once Fox cancels The Finder, and it looks like they.. will Im done with Fox. House is going off air and once they cancel The Finder Fox has nothing to offer except Football.
    I wish the cable companies would let us dump networks when they dump the shows we like. Are cable bill would be cheaper and instead of paying Fox so many dollars for them using a free single to broadcast there stations and cancel show we let. I would dump all Fox stations from my line up.

2. says

I don’t watch house so I really don’t care. To miss one show on alcatraz leaves me totally lost now. I don’t care about the daytona 500. I left the tv on because I thaught you would play the show I tuned in for. This is the worst decision that you could made. All you all thought about was your ratings. I’am verry disaponted.

3. Richard says

Do the “Suits” ever see any of these comments? Most are spot on and someday maybe they will learn that it is we the viewer that helps make their programs! Open your eyes and ears Mr. Big Shots and pay attention to “we the people”!

• Jim says

the suits are correct on this point. the daytona 500 brings them far more revenue than and episode of house and alcatraz.

i find it musing that people are putting down auto racing and calling it a waste of time and how it’s a dumb sport. but in the next breath rail on about having their viewing schedule disturbed.

come on people, get some perspective.

4. says

I think that t.v. shows aren’t necessarily that important (normally) when the event that is “preempting” them is of a *nationwide interest…& something extraordinarily unique such as the Olympics, or World Series, Superbowl etc.
    Yet the {Daytona 500} hardly ‘ranks’ up there with “nationally” beloved events…at least no where out of the [South]! C’mon…Let’s be REAL. I’m not going to use ‘slang’ or popular euphemism’s to describe the crowd that believes that a bunch of Looney’s driving around in a CIRCLE for 2-hrs is an entertaining sport!
    I would have preferred my episode have been set at an earlier time..& not have to have missed it for this.

5. Anonymous says

Well first of all the daytona 500 most likley had so many “viewers” due to those of us that have to Tivo or DVR the shows. Was NOT happy when I got to sit down and watch House and there was racing, Ok… Oh well sucks, then I go to watch Alcatraz and more racing!!! I then go to On Demand to watch both shows the next day. Very Frusterated!!! and to be honest the show is weird enough that I didn’t know they were being shown out of order. I like it so I hope they keep the show

6. Mike says

If any show is a stand alone episode (kind of the way shows used to be) it doesn’t matter. Most show now, however, are actually mini/maxi series and the story line in each show is built on the preceding episode. C’mon guys, you let an unscheduled program in, so stand up and fix the schedule accordingly.

7. Craig says

I am glad they will be shown in the near future. I watched the end of the race here on the west coast just in case they put either House or Alcatraz on right after. I was amazed at how much cars were crashing in this race. It seemed they only got a few laps in and then there was another crash to slow things down. A 500 mile race shouldn’t take 6 to 7 hours. We could drive that distance faster.

8. Why says

Who gives a crud about racing. It’s just as exciting to watch my washer or dryer go round and round then to watch a bunch of cars doing that. So some crash. That happens everyday on freeways and we don’t broadcast that.

The out of order can explain why Alcatraz is confusing in a couple of places. But since they’ll probably cancel it I’ll won’t worry.

• Craig says

You missed the crash where one car slammed into the jet engine that was being used to dry off the track. There was a major blaze as all the jet fuel went up. You don’t see that on freeways.

• Kat says

So they also wasted a bunch of jet fuel, too? Ugh… what a waste of time, money, and lives (those who are out on the tracks crashing cars, risking their lives).

• says

It really is a waste of time and resources – more fodder for useless minds! The people involved know the risks, they choose that life, so they get what they get – who really cares or needs to see the crashes!

They probably only got good ratings because we were all just trying to figure out where our good shows were, or were waiting for an info line on the bottom of the screen telling us when we would see our shows!

And I want the shows in order as well! Networks – don’t neglect the viewers you have – they may not be as forgiving as they once were! On a side note – I’m really going to miss “House”!

• Jim says

ummm…perhaps yo missed the memo. NASCAR is the #1 spectator sport in the US and #2 rated television sport (and is growing in popularity world-wide).

NASCAR isn’t any more a waste of time and resources than a television show. both are forms of entertainment.

• MK says

Auto racing ought to be outlawed. In a time when gas prices are soaring why waste fuel needlessly? Now if they want to convert and race all cars on alternative fuels – turn NASCAR into a challenge for the best and brightest scientific minds THAT I could get on board with.

9. Debby Modis says

Show them in order people! Sometime this screws up the works and leaves us wondering “What the ____ happened here! Then this leads to people not watching it and then the show getting canceled! this is the most exciting show I have watched in a long time. Please don’t screw it up Fox and then cancel the show!

10. Kat says

Thanks for the warning, I’ll tape the Alcatraz double-header and wait till after I see “Clarence Montgomery” to watch them. Though I’ll be checking titles next week to make sure they haven’t done the reasonable thing and air Alcatraz in order on Mar. 5, instead. Why anyone thought it would be okay to let Alcatraz air out of order is beyond me. Continuity is much more important in Alcatraz than it is in House.

11. Bethany says

I have been having problems with my cable provider, so I just thought that when I tuned in to watch, and they weren’t there… well I figured it was the cable company “not authorizing” me watching the shows again. Must be great for ratings when the networks feel that viewers don’t care when, or in which order the shows they are trying to watch air.

12. says

Show them in order. Showing them out of order makes spoilers and/or confusion more likely. Showing them out of order indicates the network doesn’t care that much about the show or the viewers.

13. Melissa says

There completely killing any chance of Alcatraz staying on for another season. Guess they heard ratings were down, (& House is ending), so their attitude seems to be ‘who cares’.

• melanie says

my thought exactly – I’m not sure what I think of Alcatrez but that may not be helped by the suits rearranging them. Gah!