I Hate My Teenage Daughter: Sitcom’s Return Cancelled

canceled I Hate My Teenage Daughter TV showNot long after FOX cancelled their plans to air I Hate My Teenage Daughter after American Idol, the network made plans to air the six remaining episodes over the course of three Sundays starting June 3rd.

Now, FOX has decided to leave the unaired installments on the shelf. The Futon Critic reports that, instead of burning off back-to-back episodes of Daughter on Sunday nights, FOX will now fill the timeslots with reruns of American Dad and The Cleveland Show.

The network had also scheduled reruns of Daughter in their Saturdays at midnight slot, beginning June 2nd. They’ve now been replaced by additional encores of 30 Seconds to Fame, a cancelled talent show that ran for 16 episodes from July 2002 until June 2003.

It goes without saying that I Hate My Teenage Daughter obviously won’t be renewed for a second season. The network may get around to airing the remaining six episodes at some point but this latest scheduling move makes even that seem pretty unlikely. For fans of the show, an online release looks like the best bet.

What do you think? Were you looking forward to watching the remaining episodes? Would you consider buying a DVD set of the series?

Latema May 4, 2012 at 10:38 pm

I am really disappointed. I love the show and thought it was really funny. FOX should really bring it back, I started watching it because of the name of the show and also because of Jamie Pressly. I think the the rest of the shows should air.

Tha Critic May 3, 2012 at 11:42 pm

Yeah I can’t say I didn’t see this coming. The show was lame anyway.

RS May 3, 2012 at 7:37 pm

bye bye to bad trash

Why Watch May 3, 2012 at 2:14 pm

I hate to say this, but I couldn’t stand the show. Bye bye.

MaryAnn Dumond May 3, 2012 at 8:19 am

How disappointing! I watched the show strictly to see Eric Sheffer Stevens. I became a devoted fan of his when he portrayed Dr. Reid Oliver on “As The World Turns”. He is an incredibly talented actor who deserves much better roles than have been afforded him since being killed off on ATWT. CBS made a HUGE mistake when they did that. He would be a great leading actor on a show of his own. Hope the networks will wake up SOON !! As for the show, “I Hate my Teenage Daughter”, it was a slow starter but seemed to be improving with the later episodes. Especially enjoyed the ‘father/daughter dance’ and the ‘road trip’ eppies. Fox should, at least, show the remaining shows of the first season. The fans deserve that.

Davers May 3, 2012 at 8:30 am

While I did appreciate Erics role(nice not to see him playing a nice guy instead of Dr. Ego Oliver role), the rest of the show just didnt work for me. Hopefully he will find a roll on a good show.

Joe May 3, 2012 at 7:49 am