I Hate My Teenage Daughter: FOX Sitcom Returns June 3rd

canceled I Hate My Teenage Daughter returnsThe saga of FOX’s all-but-officially-cancelled sitcom I Hate My Teenage Daughter continues.

The network had initially planned to air the sitcom behind 90-minute editions of American Idol on Wednesday nights in April. Following some terrible ratings on Tuesday nights, FOX execs scrapped that plan and chose to expand the singing competition to two hours and put Teenage Daughter on hiatus instead. Then, they pulled Teenage Daughter off Tuesday nights as well.

Word was that FOX was planning to burn off the remaining six episodes over the summer. Now, according to the Futon Critic, we know that Teenage Daughter will return for three weeks starting Sunday, June 3rd.

FOX will run pairs of unaired episodes at 7pm and 7:30pm until June 17th. Once those are done, the time slots will be filled by reruns of American Dad and The Cleveland Show, respectively.

Encores of Teenage Daughter will air at midnight on Saturday nights starting June 2nd.

While it’s nice for fans of the sitcom that FOX is airing all 13 episodes, there’s realistically no hope for a second season. While FOX hasn’t said as much, I Hate My Teenage Daughter is essentially cancelled.

What do you think? Did you find this sitcom funny? Why do you think it didn’t catch on — the concept, the scripts, the acting, or was it something else?

Nicolette February 19, 2013 at 1:01 am

i loved the show it made me laugh alot. i was very disappointed wen i heard it was cancelled. i want it back. and i agree with the person with the time slot placements

Alison February 4, 2013 at 9:28 am

I loved this show. And I think all the viewers wanted to see what was going to happen between Annie and Jack. Or at least wanted to see one of them find out the other likes them. I thought it was a cute light hearted show. Very disappointed with the outcome.

Anonymous May 19, 2012 at 11:04 pm

I loved this show, next to Big Bang Theory and Glee, this was another favourite that I watched addictivly. I am sad to see it being cancelled, and I hope that it runs up again soon.

meeeeeeeeee May 15, 2012 at 2:18 pm

I loved this show it really made me laugh. Why is it that whenever they make a show that is truly funny they cancel it?

Bethany May 4, 2012 at 2:01 pm

I actually really enjoy this show – it’s hilarious! Five minutes into the first episode, I thought to myself “Well, I’ve found my new favourite!” but I was only then disappointed when after four episodes it went on hiatus.

adam April 4, 2012 at 9:15 am

Will we be tuning in? We think we’ve seen too much already.

Craig April 3, 2012 at 6:58 pm

I didn’t watch the show initially, because I didn’t hear good things about the show. Once I did see it, I thought it wasn’t bad. I have to admit that it is almost impossible to imagine that Jaime Pressly’s character was an unpopular kid or is now an unpopular and embarrassing parent.

Tha Critic April 3, 2012 at 1:38 pm

For all I know this show got better as it went along but I was turned off of it after the first episode.

Bethany April 3, 2012 at 10:00 am

I have not missed an episode yet, well not on purpose. (there were cable issues that were unavoidable, but I caught the show on demand, so technically have not missed any of them.) so I will without a doubt be tuning in for as many episodes as possible. This show was great, and really should not have been canceled. Anyone who didn’t get it obviously didn’t have to deal with a teenage daughter. The jokes (like with most shows) were rehashed for the most part, but they still made me laugh. The chemistry of the cast was incredible, and all things considered the only reason I feel this show is being canceled at all is because they could not seem to give it a reliable timeslot. You never knew weather it would really be on when it was supposed to be, and the hiatuses were insane. (Enough with debuting a show only to cut it with some stupid sport or another, then when it comes back it isn’t even in the same timeslot or on the same night. Grrrrr.)