I Wanna Marry “Harry”: New FOX TV Show Cancelled

I Wanna Marry Harry TV show on FOX canceledThe wedding is off. FOX has cancelled their new dating reality show, I Wanna Marry “Harry”, after airing four episodes.

Co-produced by Ryan Seacrest, I Wanna Marry “Harry” follows a group of young American ladies who believe that they’re in a dating competition to be with Prince Harry of Wales. In truth, “Harry” is a lookalike bachelor named Matthew Hicks. Are they falling in love with the man, or the crown?

The series debuted to a 0.7 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 1.9 million. Those might be okay numbers for The CW but certainly not for a FOX series. The numbers have gotten even worse in subsequent weeks and this week’s episode drew a 0.4 rating with 991,000 viewers.

With four episodes remaining in the season, FOX has pulled Harry from the schedule effective immediately. Reruns of FOX comedies will fill the timeslot starting next week.

Because Harry is a Fox show, the remaining episodes will be released online via sites like Hulu.com starting tomorrow afternoon. Riot, another new FOX show that’s also now been cancelled, won’t be as lucky.

A FOX rep says that the series may return to the schedule at some point but that seems highly unlikely given the numbers.

What do you think? Were you watching I Wanna Marry “Harry”? Do you think that it should have been cancelled? Was a second season feasible?

Canceled and renewed TV show

26 Comments on " I Wanna Marry “Harry”: New FOX TV Show Cancelled"

Notify of

sam
sam
September 15, 2014 8:04 pm
All episodes including the finale is available for free at hulu.com. having watched reality shows 4 a long time, I can tell u that this show is as close to reality as u will see on tv. All networks stage their reality and story is scripted. I was not wanting to see Harry again. But they can use the same concept using a different personality to create a practical joke on gold diggers. This show combined a lot of different elements like comedy, reality, romance, drama etc. Great concept, got thrown out by fox. Some other network might pick up… Read more »
Meg
Meg
September 15, 2014 6:35 pm

Personally, the show probably should never have aired because that’s really playing with hearts……and why continue the show if he already chose the “girl” he liked the best?

Myrna
Myrna
September 11, 2014 10:32 am

Guilty of watching it too! But it was entertaining and “Harry” was a sweetie.
I get so irritated with networks cancelling new shows after a few episodes, without doing a final episode. Not really fair to those of us who put our 1 hr a week in to watch it. AAAAHHHHHHH! Sometimes I think I shouldn’t watch the new shows….just wait for the summer repeats if they make it.

tanya
tanya
September 10, 2014 12:18 pm

I was guilty of watching this show and liking it.

Stella Rivers
August 17, 2014 11:47 am

What happened? I was quite enjoying this show,but could never find it. Since most of the regular TV shows are “rubbish” in the US anyhow,I rarely watch anything. Thought the fake Harry was too classy and a real gent. Too good for most of those trashy girls. He was a “real” person despite being an actor, and the girls were more fake, in many ways. How about some women on TV with less make-up,no fake tans,boobs,hair etc,and then see what we really have?

Helen
Helen
August 16, 2014 11:37 am

I found this show better than most of the realities. It was actually hilarious. Each episode I asked where did they find these girls that had never heard of or seen Prince Harry. I find shows like Big Brother, Bachelor, etc. just stupid and not enjoyable. I too would like to know how I Want To Marry Harry played out.

Janice Crocker
Janice Crocker
July 31, 2014 6:34 pm

I would at least have liked to see the final outcome of the show. Did Harry end up with one of the girls? Did he reveal his true identity to the girl? Did she turn and run for the hills when she learned of his true identity? Could you at least show the FINAL EPISODE???? I was rather enjoying the show.

Wilma McKenzie
Wilma McKenzie
July 24, 2014 3:45 pm

With only four episodes left……… Even with the low ratings, the series should have been completed to the end for the viewers that were watching I Wanna Marry Harry!

Sheri
Sheri
July 20, 2014 5:22 am

I loved the show, i got my 2 daughters watching it with me & beieve it or mot my husband took interest in watching it. We really enjoyed it…we thought it was funny how the American girls really thought it was prince Harry. Im really dis-appointed they cancelled, they should have at least let the viewers finished seeing the last four episodes, that makes me not care to much for Fox network.

J White
J White
July 12, 2014 4:37 am

I saw this reality series advertised and thought it would be entertaining and interesting…instead, I found nothing but a misogynistic replica of a reality show. Beyond degrading women as a whole, it makes American women look nonsensical and frankly dense. F*X Television should be embarrassed and ashamed for airing it at all.

James
James
July 4, 2014 8:16 pm

Very entertaining to watch stupid girls! At least it doesn’t pretend to be real like the stupid bachelor and bachelorette shows. Bring it back!

Betty March
Betty March
July 4, 2014 11:36 am

I really liked the show a lot; waiting every week to see if I had missed a time change, etc. I can’t believe people would rather watch stupid sit-coms.

Tigerlily
Tigerlily
July 2, 2014 6:45 pm

We liked watching “I want to marry Harry” and were eager to see which of the girls would choose Harry once his real identity was revealed. We are sad that the show was cancelled and we will never know the outcome. Just another rush to judgment by network executives who didn’t have enough faith in the show to give it the publicity it needed to gather an audience.

ellery inQueens
July 2, 2014 12:59 am

my dotter & i watched every episode that aired
been wondering where it went, what happened?
don’t leave us hanging, we wanna know the end!!!
we’re huge fans of the bachelor & bachelorette, but
it’s like 3 months long, we were excited that “I wanna
marry Harry” was gonna wrap up sooner, but maybe
some additional behind the scenes or bloopers would
make fun extra episodes? we’d tune in, if we could???

Kathryn A. Kermeen
June 30, 2014 10:42 pm
The I Want to Marry Harry was and is THE BEST REALITY TV SHOW that I have seen in Decades. I thought the show was full of suspense, humor, and wonderment! The show also gave the viewer a reason to look forward to seeing what would happen in the next episode. Ultimately the show gave the viewer a chance to see if we could pick out the young lady of whom they thought Harry should pick to stay over night in the room next to his as well as the lady he should ultimately marry! I pray and hope that… Read more »
wpDiscuz