iCarly: TV Series Ending; No Season Six

no season 6 of iCarlyAll good things must come to an end. Nickelodeon has announced that iCarly is ending after five seasons but there’s a big finish in the works.

Starring Drake & Josh’s Miranda Cosgrove, iCarly follows teenager Carly Shay as she creates a successful web series with the help of her best friends, Sam (Jennette McCurdy) and Freddie (Nathan Kress). Noah Munck is another good friend, Gibby, and Jerry Trainor plays Spencer, Carly’s older brother and legal guardian.

We suspected that the show might be getting ready to end when iCarly was renewed for a fifth season in April 2011. Though iCarly is one of the most popular shows on cable, the series was renewed for just 13 episodes. Like all shows about teens growing up, the actors eventually start to outgrow their roles and it’s time to move on.

Should iCarly be ending?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Cosgrove plans to attend USC in the fall. McCurdy will star in another Dan Schneider series and Munck has a new pilot, both with Nickelodeon. The cable channel has also ordered a new series called Wendell & Vinnie in which Trainor will play a goofball uncle to a conservative 12-year-old.

To end the iCarly series, the cast and crew will film a special sometime next month and Nickelodeon plans to will air in November.

Of the show ending, Schneider told TV Guide, “Everyone at iCarly has been like family to me for five years… When we film our very last scene, there will be a lot of crying, I know. But I also know that in television, you don’t want to over-stay your welcome. I want to go out the way we are — on a creative high-note.”

Though there won’t be any new episodes after November’s finale, iCarly will continue to air on Nickelodeon in reruns.

What do you think? Are you sorry that iCarly is ending? Would you like to see the characters return someday?

Canceled and renewed TV show

92 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. icarly biggest fan says

i know icarly ended 2 years ago but i am still in love with it!!! it was the best show that was ever on tv!! i say dump sam and cat and bring back icarly!! Maranda said it herself they could have made episodes forever!! She went to collage thats why she had to quit but……they could bring the show back when she get out of collage in like 2 years all of us will still love the shew right?????!!!!!!!

2. Payton says

I was hoping to see icarly return after Sam and cat ended! Icarly was my favorite show on nick it makes me sad to see there will be no new episodes

3. says

Why just why that’s all i kept asking myself i almost cried during the ending i know i’m a boy and boys shouldn’t cry but still i grew up with Icarly since i was 6 and anything that’s got to do with Miranda Cosgrove because she was all ways my celebrity crush and she was just so funny I think they should renew it because who doesn’t like this show

Subscribe To My Youtube Channel @Saints Row Leader P.S. I will always love Icarly, Siair Watson

• Anonymous says

I wish they can make a season six but I thing they will come again someday. they always me laugh. they always made me smile laugh and sometimes cry. i will miss i Carly very much and I think it was the best show on Nickelodeon. goodbye Icarly I will maybe see you again but maybe carly wil be on sam and cat goodbye forever I will mis you.

4. says

thank you i carly for all the shows and thank you bacause when i wacth your moovie you make me smile and thank you for the amazing shows i will miss you THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :( :( :( :( always and forever i will be your biggest fan :(

5. says

why is i carly gonna be gone since i was 6 i was watching it, till im im now 11 yrs. pls. dont delete it from nick i will miss it and i will miss the icarly characters.. you can take all of my favorite shows in nick but pls. dont take icarly… I CARLY IS THE BEST SHOW THAT EVERY KID COULD WISH FOR!!!!!!!!!! :( :( :( :(

6. Anonymous says

No! Why! …. I’m 11, I’ve watched it since I was 6! It’s gone so fast! Old nickelodeon is soooo much better than now! I mean icarly is just amazing, Igoodbye really was SO good! I’ve read about where sam (jennette) was trying her hardest to keep her tears in near the end where Carly and Sam were going down the elevator and Sam said “I’ll ride down with ya” this can’t end! But you know….. Clearly it has and it was a fernomanal ending! I think Dan, and ALL the icarly cast for bring me such an amazing show! Thankyouuuuu!

7. jocelin says

PLZ ! don’t take this show away, i love it. I’ve watched it since day one, and i’m really sad to know it ended i even cried during iGoodbye. Plz just air season 6 me and the rest of the iCarly fans would love to see what happens w/ sam and freddie or carly. Who does he end up w/ ? Will they ever graduate from ridgeway ? Will spencer ever get married ? Hows carlys life in italy w/ her father ? So many questions unanswered ?!

8. Samantha says

I love icarly and never wanted it to end!! Please do something just to make one more season! I love the show so much! I’ve watched it since I was a kid! Pleas don’t take a part of my childhood away! That’s the best show ever!!!