Leverage: Cancelled by TNT, No Season Six

leverage last episodeTNT has officially cancelled Leverage after five seasons on the air. The action series will conclude its run on Tuesday, Christmas Day. Thankfully, the show about modern Robin Hoods will have a suitable ending.

Executive producer Dean Devlin recently wrote an open letter to fans. He penned, “As of the writing of this letter, we still do not know if there will be a season six of our show… Because of this uncertainty, John Rogers and I decided to end this season with the episode we had planned to make to end the series, way back when we shot the pilot. So, the episode that will air on Christmas is, in fact, the series finale we had always envisioned.”

Here’s TNT’s official statement about the cancellation:

TNT’S “LEVERAGE” COMING TO AN END

TNT’s Leverage has thrilled audiences with its delightfully intricate plots, its “stand up for the little guy” attitude and its terrific performances from stars Timothy Hutton, Gina Bellman, Christian Kane, Beth Riesgraf and Aldis Hodge. But after five wonderful years, it’s time to say goodbye. Leverage will come to a close on Christmas, Tuesday, Dec. 25, at 10 p.m. (ET/PT), with a series finale that stands as one of the show’s best episodes.

We are honored to have worked with executive producer Dean Devlin, Electric Entertainment, creators John Rogers and Chris Downey, and all the cast and production crew on Leverage. We look forward to exploring new opportunities to work with them again in the future. We also want to thank the passionately devoted fans of Leverage, who have been the driving force behind its success.

What do you think? Are you sorry to hear that Leverage won’t be back for a sixth season or do you think this is a good time to end the series?

Canceled and renewed TV show

168 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Kim says

Great Show…one of my favorites! Clever, entertaining and a shame that’s it’s being canceled. Wish TNT would reconsider!

2. Sharon says

Sorry to see an Excellent show cancelled. I have recommended this show to my colleagues over the past seasons, wonderful reviews.

Leverage should be given another opportunity to mesmerize its audience.

3. cindy says

Leverage was the best show ever written and the actors were superb! True entertainment ~but shamefully TNT wants to join the ranks of other networks that show garbage and cheap shows that are a waste of time to watch!

4. bbqueen says

How in the world could the networks do this!!!!! I go to this network just for this show,
    even while deployed overseas I looked forward to another series. Never get enough of this show!!! Please bring back this is one of the smartest shows left in television it’s funny exciting keeps you looking forward to the next….
    All I can say please bring it back!!!!

5. Yvonne Zemotel says

How can you do this? Leverage was smart and funny and always entertaining….don’t cancel it. I beg you. One of the best shows on tv…kept me coming back over and over…even the repeats hold up time and again.

6. Rick says

I’ve enjoyed the Leverage series from it’s beginning and really hate to see it end. Surely, I’m one among many hardcore Leverage fans. If there’s any chance of having it return, please do. Plus, you never gave up Sophie’s real name!

7. Virginia Perlow says

Again,I submit, to TNT please reconsider. Leverage is unique and such fun to watch .
    I have never written to a network, but for the average viewer I wanted to say how much I enjoyed the show.
    To all the cast know that your gift to us the viewers has been one hour of the true meaning of entertainment. We will miss you all. To say I feel I know you all, is to say JOB WELL DONE

The show was an hour of entertainment when so much out here is junk. Stupid unreal reality why let this slip away?
    I love the cast and the way each character has blended with each other to create true dynamics of acting. A team
    We the fan bass have been there with you. and we will miss you.

Sincerely

Virginia

Re-consider TNT

8. Virginia Perlow says

Please, for the love of God, don’t cancel this show. I love all the unique characters and the dynamics of the story line. It is my favorite show. If TNT is stupid enough to cancel the show I hope another network will snap it up.
    There is so much junk out there, this was a way to escape, with creativity and entertainment.
    I love each character and their special talents. TNT please reconsider.

Thank you, the cast for giving us the audience, one hour each week that was truly entertaining.

9. pauline says

Are you people crazy,a great show comes around,we just get to know the characters and then you cancel the show.If your not going to renew I really hope some network picks them up…………….

10. Lisa says

I’m simply shocked that TNT would cancel this show. The fans come back each week because the actors and writers have made us fall in love with the series. Why is it every show I look forward to gets cancelled by the network. I.’d really like to know what executive decided that it was time to pull the plug, because its definately sure the fans want the show to stick around for another action packed season. I’m disappointed that TNT is making this mistake.

11. C.Smith says

Huge Mistake canceling Leverage. I never missed an episode. With all the other dumb programs on TV Leverage was for the people. What were you thinking?

12. Dawn says

This show is up for a People’s Choice Award but still gets cancelled??!! Thanks for thinking of viewers TNT!! Love this show! TNT just keeps canceling my favorite shows!! :-(