Make It or Break It: Cancelled, No Season Four

season four canceled MAKE IT OR BREAK ITIt’s the end of the competition for Make It or Break It. ABC Family has cancelled the TV show after three seasons on the air.

Make It or Break It revolves around top young gymnasts who are training for the Olympics. The series debuted in mid-June 2009 to a 0.8 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 2.5 million total viewers. The ratings fell as low as a 0.6 in the demo with 1.9 million but that was still enough for the cable channel to renew it for a second season of 20 episodes.

The ratings got worse in season two but ABC Family still renewed Make It or Break It for a third season. This time however, they only ordered eight episodes. According to network president Michael Riley, it was “in time to ignite Olympic fever.”

If there were a possibility of ABC Family ordering a fourth season, those chances were pretty quickly dashed. Season three debuted to a 0.7 in the demo and 1.57 million. By week two, viewership had dropped off more than 25% and the numbers fell further in week three.

Should Make It or Break It have been cancelled?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

The five episodes of season three that have aired thus far have averaged a 0.5 in the demo with 1.23 million total viewers.

At least part of the decline may have been due to the losses of Chelsea Hobbs and Josh Bowman (who’s now on Revenge). Coach Sasha (Neil Jackson) also hasn’t been seen much this season.

Of the cancellation, series creator Holly Sorenson tweeted, “MIOBI nation. We all love you so much. And we are, very sadly, three weeks away from the series finale of #miobi.”

The final episode of Make It or Break It airs on May 14th.

What do you think? Were you still watching? Are you sad that the show is ending?

jj dunlaps April 21, 2013 at 4:37 pm

So if u are reading thease comments just please think about thoose poor little kids who’s dreams u have crushed please bring the show back please

jj dunlaps April 21, 2013 at 4:34 pm

What the heack I wassail in tears we I found out that there is not gonna be a season four in make it or break it what are kids my age going to look up to secret life sofa tennage girl.we don’t want to look up to girls that are 16getting pregnant if u know what I am saying so pleas rehears us out and make a season four and maybe even a season five for our sake and btw I am only 12 years old and that is how I really feel

JAMES April 19, 2013 at 1:52 pm

PLEASE BRING BACK THE SHOW AND ENDED THE SHOW THE RIGHT WAY

Imaan April 19, 2013 at 6:53 am

Please bring the show back it’s made such a difference in my life! It showed me how to follow my dreams and I wouldn’t be where I am without it please bring the show back PLEASE!!!

Kayzia Pittman April 18, 2013 at 1:26 am

Please bring back the show! Idk but evry time I watch it.. Hard to explain but I need this show!! This show is my life .. Just make one last season

jada April 9, 2013 at 8:52 pm

Please please please bring back the show i have wacthed every one and i want to see the 4th one”

jada April 9, 2013 at 8:44 pm

Please bring back the show me my sisters and bffs were looking forward to it

Emma April 8, 2013 at 7:04 pm

I was very sad that they cancelled. That show was fun and it inspired me to be a better tumler. Seeing them at the olimpics would be so much fun to watch. Its OK that its past 2012 they so much fun to watch. So pease bring it back!!!

Lori April 4, 2013 at 4:00 pm

I wish they would bring this show back..

Yemisi March 31, 2013 at 4:46 am

Pls bring back this show we all need to know what happened to emily

Anonymous April 6, 2013 at 12:04 pm

I had finally started watching this show and I was waiting for season 4. It’s not fair to end it with going to London but not seeing them do gymnastics. I am shocked and I loved that show so much

Kyla March 31, 2013 at 1:45 am

i just watched season -3 and loved every second of it when i saw there was no more i cried i am so upset i really really wish that it would come back i dont care if its bad it would just be nice if it finished it off att the olympics

Hope March 27, 2013 at 7:57 am

Please bring this show back. This is one of the most inspirational shows that I have seen. Kids in sports can relate to the MIOBI girls. Many kids have to dedicate their weekends to sports and to see how a group of girls work thru this is truly amazing. Like the comment above I cant stand to watch shows that are about teen pregnancys, living the life on a shore or about families that dont have good aspirations in life for their kids. My daughter has enjoyed this show and it has actually helped her understand the dedications she needs to have to compete in her sport.

Stephanie March 21, 2013 at 1:31 pm

I was looking forward to seeing this Season 4 i also watched it every week. I really hope it could come back on one day. :(

Priscilla March 11, 2013 at 4:47 pm

Please please please bring this show back do you know how many kids,teens,adults who loved this show.Millions I’m not kidding I looked up iF they were going to air a season 4 and I was heart broken.this show encouraged kids and teens to follow their dreams.Who are they suppose to look up to the secret life of American teenager a group of teens getting pregnant. I don’t thinks so….please if there’s anybody who’s reading comment just please bring back make it or break it. This show is inspirational…..and if you believe in this comment bring it back please

Anonymous March 4, 2013 at 6:14 pm

I am 23 yrs old and was looking forward to season 4. I love this show.