Memphis Beat: TNT Show Returns for Season Two in June

Memphis Beat season twoJason Lee is coming back for a second season of Elvis songs and Memphis Beat. The series is returning on Tuesday, June 14th with a new round of 10 episodes.

The TNT drama, starring Lee, Alfre Woodard, and DJ Qualls, debuted last June to a 1.1 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 4.33 million. The ratings dropped after that but the first season ended up averaging a 0.8 rating in the demo and 3.86 million viewers.

Season one concluded on August 24th and it was renewed for a second season in early September.

What do you think? Are you glad Memphis Beat is coming back? Will you be tuning in?

Lisa April 1, 2011 at 7:29 pm

Yes. I’m glad it’s been renewed.

Suzanne Joyce March 31, 2011 at 6:02 pm

Yeah ! I love this show. It is a combination of all my favorites — mysteries, good actors and wonderful music. I just wish that it would run all year. Suzanne

Louise Little March 26, 2011 at 8:02 pm

We are so excited to know Memphis Beat will be returning June 14. We are watching season one again and it’s an awesome show. Lost the characters and the actors. Great ambiance on this show. Keep up the fantastic work!!

Lady B March 26, 2011 at 6:17 pm

Love the show, I’m glad they decided yes on a second season.

jolu March 26, 2011 at 7:17 am

Love the show. I’m glad it’s coming back, hope they don’t cancel it. I also like THE GLADES, can’t wait for it to come back.

Joyce April 2, 2011 at 9:41 pm

The Glades is another great enjoyable yet believable show. Love his natural approach to crime & life.

Chris March 26, 2011 at 5:25 am

Love the show, the actors and the music!

Rumer O Cook March 25, 2011 at 9:04 pm

I lived in Texas for over 14 years. My favorite author is William Faulkner. ‘Memphis Beat’ is the most accurate portrayal of the South and Southerners I have ever seen on TV. Everything from the music, acting, directing and writing is a 101 course for anyone curious about the charm, dignity, foibles and culture of every Southern town I have lived in or visited. Bravo TNT!

Tahlula Belle March 25, 2011 at 5:20 pm

I am so estatic that they are bringing back Memphis Beat….love Elvis, love Jason’s raspy versions of the Oldies, but Goodies!! Mmmm…can’t wait!!

Pattyann March 23, 2011 at 9:44 pm

I love this show. Who knew Jason Lee could sing? This is a show the whole family can enjoy. Please don’t even think about cancelling this show.

mcricket2 March 25, 2011 at 5:00 pm

We love this show, and also love Jason Micheal Lee’s voice, would like to buy his CD’s however can not seem to find any. Sure hope there will be more eposodes.

Keith March 21, 2011 at 9:41 pm

Memphis Beat rocks, So glad its coming back. Finally a show with a family appeal with little to no violence. If the networks cancell this show at any point they should have their heads checked

m herncane March 19, 2011 at 7:03 pm

very glad to see the show returning!

Janell Poehling March 18, 2011 at 6:10 pm

Loved Jason Lee’s smooth wrap-up at the end of each show with some emotional case solved and some beautiful song to tie it all together. Can’t wait to get back to Memphis Beat!

Karen Green March 17, 2011 at 5:16 pm

I really, really hope this season has a season 4. The characters are so interesting and well defined and there is so little violence. I love it. I wish there were more than 10 new shows.

Lucy March 17, 2011 at 8:45 am

Yes, I am glad Memphis Beat is coming back in June. I watched all the reruns recently on TNT and really look forward to the show. I am one of the oldies who loves Elvis and really enjoy the characters.

Patti March 28, 2011 at 11:04 am

I am very excited that Jason Lee and Mephis Beat are coming back. Can’t wait for JUNE.

Vicky Miller March 16, 2011 at 7:27 pm

Love, Love this show! So glad you’re having a second season!!