Memphis Beat: TNT Show Returns for Season Two in June

Memphis Beat season twoJason Lee is coming back for a second season of Elvis songs and Memphis Beat. The series is returning on Tuesday, June 14th with a new round of 10 episodes.

The TNT drama, starring Lee, Alfre Woodard, and DJ Qualls, debuted last June to a 1.1 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 4.33 million. The ratings dropped after that but the first season ended up averaging a 0.8 rating in the demo and 3.86 million viewers.

Season one concluded on August 24th and it was renewed for a second season in early September.

What do you think? Are you glad Memphis Beat is coming back? Will you be tuning in?

Canceled and renewed TV show

75 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Suzanne Joyce says

Yeah ! I love this show. It is a combination of all my favorites — mysteries, good actors and wonderful music. I just wish that it would run all year. Suzanne

2. Louise Little says

We are so excited to know Memphis Beat will be returning June 14. We are watching season one again and it’s an awesome show. Lost the characters and the actors. Great ambiance on this show. Keep up the fantastic work!!

3. jolu says

Love the show. I’m glad it’s coming back, hope they don’t cancel it. I also like THE GLADES, can’t wait for it to come back.

• Joyce says

The Glades is another great enjoyable yet believable show. Love his natural approach to crime & life.

4. Rumer O Cook says

I lived in Texas for over 14 years. My favorite author is William Faulkner. ‘Memphis Beat’ is the most accurate portrayal of the South and Southerners I have ever seen on TV. Everything from the music, acting, directing and writing is a 101 course for anyone curious about the charm, dignity, foibles and culture of every Southern town I have lived in or visited. Bravo TNT!

5. Tahlula Belle says

I am so estatic that they are bringing back Memphis Beat….love Elvis, love Jason’s raspy versions of the Oldies, but Goodies!! Mmmm…can’t wait!!

6. Pattyann says

I love this show. Who knew Jason Lee could sing? This is a show the whole family can enjoy. Please don’t even think about cancelling this show.

• mcricket2 says

We love this show, and also love Jason Micheal Lee’s voice, would like to buy his CD’s however can not seem to find any. Sure hope there will be more eposodes.

7. Keith says

Memphis Beat rocks, So glad its coming back. Finally a show with a family appeal with little to no violence. If the networks cancell this show at any point they should have their heads checked

8. Janell Poehling says

Loved Jason Lee’s smooth wrap-up at the end of each show with some emotional case solved and some beautiful song to tie it all together. Can’t wait to get back to Memphis Beat!

9. Karen Green says

I really, really hope this season has a season 4. The characters are so interesting and well defined and there is so little violence. I love it. I wish there were more than 10 new shows.

10. Lucy says

Yes, I am glad Memphis Beat is coming back in June. I watched all the reruns recently on TNT and really look forward to the show. I am one of the oldies who loves Elvis and really enjoy the characters.