Monday Mornings: To Be Cancelled or Renewed for Season Two?

Monday Mornings cancel or renew?TNT recently wrapped the first season of Monday Mornings, their latest medical drama. Should it return for a second season or be cancelled instead?

Monday Mornings follows the lives of the talented yet flawed doctors at the Chelsea General Hospital in Portland, Oregon. The title refers to the tough peer review meetings that are run by the hospital’s sarcastic Chief of Staff. The cast includes Ving Rhames, Jamie Bamber, Jennifer Finnigan, Bill Irwin, Keong Sim, Sarayu Rao, Emily Swallow, and Alfred Molina.

The show started off the season with just 1.36 million viewers and a 0.3 rating in the 18-49 demographic. That was less than half of what the Dallas premiere lead-in drew with 2.98 million and a 0.8 demo rating.

The numbers for Monday Mornings didn’t get much better as the weeks wore on. The season ended up averaging just 1.39 million viewers and a 0.3 in the demo.

Given these numbers, it seems highly unlikely that Monday Mornings will be back for a second season.

But what do you think? Would you like to see the show return for a second season or do you think it should be cancelled? Why do you think the show didn’t catch on with a bigger audience? Was the title a problem? What would you have called it?

Canceled and renewed TV show

734 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. SLee says

I love this show. I was so sad when it suddenly wasnt on any more and to hear that it didn’t get decent ratings and probably won’t be back was the sour icing on the cake. I want it back.

2. Beverly says

I discovered this program late in the season. A friend recommended it. It not only deserves a second season but also a third, fourth, etc. Keep it on!

3. carla says

excellent show…hope it gets renewed…get rid of some of those hideous reality shows and give us something of value to watch like Minday Mornings….

4. Sundays says

MONDAY MORNINGS – TOTALLY AWESOME. We could not wait til the next episode. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE – Bring it back.!!!!!

5. says

My wife and I Love this show. There isn’t any other show on TV like this. It give you a different view of what the hospital Doctors go through. We hope there will be 2 and more seasons. They should take off all the reality shows. Those are really a JOKE!

6. Charlotte says

Please, please don’t cancel this show! I LOVE IT! It needs a chance to catch on. I’m not sure it was properly advertised. I heard about from a friend.

7. Marylou Thomson says

Love this series better than anything else on. Most
    Most people don’t know about it!! It needed better advertising!! Please continue!!!!

8. daneen says

Learn about Monday Mornings from a friend and now recommend it to friends who appreciate a smart show that is far better then most shows. Please keep this Monday Morning’s going, we need other options from reality and brainless show that pass for comedy.

9. Brian H. says

Love this show! Best medical drama on TV right now. Hope it returns for a second season. We need better programming on TV. Tired of all the garbage that is currently on.

10. John says

I definitely want a second season of this show. A very different medical show and very capitivating. This is the real world of medicine. Definitely bring it back. Some shows just take time to garner an audience.

11. Dana says

Love this show. Most intelligent, thought provoking. Most people do not even know that it exists. Shame on TNT for not promoting it enough. Will be sorry if it will not be renewed.

12. tina says

I searched everywhere for it this past Monday and could not find it on any schedule or station. I felt cheated, just when I finally found a late night show worth watching. Please bring it back!!! I’m hooked!!

• carla says

I felt the same way Tina….couldn’t imagine why it wasn’t on and now I know why….it is a great show…hope they bring it back!

13. says

I didn’t think I would like the show, since I don’t like medical shows. I accidentally turned to the station and was hooked! I loved the show!! I think I’ve cried during each episode I’ve watched and I’m not a person that cries at movies, nor do I normally care for drama would rather watch an action movie. Loved it so much I talked 3 other people into watching it since they know I don’t ever rave about a show. I’m sick of the alleged comedies “mad men” “30 rock” etc. that and the reality shows “big brother” “survivor” “idol” as it seems those are our only choices. I’ll watch animal planet before i watch any of those. Please don’t cancel.