Red Widow: To Be Cancelled or Renewed for Season Two?

Red Widow to be canceled or renewed?Tonight marks the season finale of Red Widow since ABC ordered just eight episodes of the series. Is this the end? Will the drama be back for a second season or will it be cancelled instead?

For those unfamiliar with the show, Red Widow revolves around a San Francisco housewife and mother who finds herself forced to continue her husband’s work in organized crime after his death. The large cast includes Radha Mitchell, Clifton Collins Jr., Luke Goss, Sterling Beaumon, Suleka Mathew, Erin Moriarty, Jaime Ray Newman, Jakob Salvati, Lee Tergesen, Wil Traval, Rade Serbedzija, and Goran Visnjic.

Unfortunately, it doesn’t look like we’ll be seeing a second season renewal for Red Widow. The show’s ratings were poor at the start — debuting to a 1.5 demo rating with 7.13 million viewers — and have gotten a lot worse as the weeks have worn on.

Last week’s numbers fell to a new low — a 0.7 rating in the coveted 18-49 demographic with 3.47 million total viewers. Red Widow is one of the lowest-rated shows on the network, ensuring that ABC won’t be bringing it back next season.

But, what do you think? Should ABC renew the drama or are they justified in cancelling it? Are you satisfied with the last episode? How would you wrap up the storylines?

Anonymous May 5, 2013 at 11:16 pm

Sunday, 5/5/13: If this was the last show then the season finale should have ended with old man Petrov and his son being killed by their enemies and the FBI putting Marta, her children and her sister in witness protection and Nicoli taking his ill father home to Italy and retiring from the business.

private May 5, 2013 at 11:15 pm

Do not cancel. Excellent show. Good script. Way better than this reality tv show crap.

Lynda May 5, 2013 at 11:15 pm

Love Red Widow! Hope it comes back for another season!

Elizabeth May 5, 2013 at 11:13 pm

I think Red Widow should NOT be cancelled. I know plenty of people that watch the show, and like me, can not get enough of it. I also know people who have not watched the show yet because they are waiting to hear if the show will be picked up for a second season. (These people plan on catching it on Hulu or Netfilx if the show is picked up) Viewers are sick of stations putting a show on the air, giving you enough to get you hooked, and then pulling it off the air. I will be severely dissapointed in ABC if they cancel this show. I love it and always look forward to Sundays. If this show is cancelled it would make me hesitant to watch another show on ABC. DO NOT LEAVE ME HANGING!

suez May 5, 2013 at 11:12 pm

Yes I love tis show. I want to see ifb they get together

Sharon Montney May 5, 2013 at 11:12 pm

Give Red Widow a second chance! It has so much potential!

Ema May 5, 2013 at 11:11 pm

I will be absolutely heartbroken if it is cancelled!!! I have been a dedicated watcher every Sunday night (even the re-runs!). And come on, you can’t just leave the series ending with a cliff hanger like that..!

Kelly May 5, 2013 at 11:11 pm

You should renew it. The show hasn’t been advertising when it has been coming on so it’s easy to miss. Advertise like you did for Revenge and people will watch it.

Chris May 5, 2013 at 11:09 pm

Please bring back Red Widow for another season! We love the show!

Chris
Arkansas

Sylvia May 5, 2013 at 11:09 pm

Do not cancel Red Widow. Excellent show.

Adowns May 5, 2013 at 11:07 pm

I have enjoyed this series very much! I think the story line was good to the very end and would like to see a season 2.

A May 5, 2013 at 11:06 pm

I want another season plz.

LV May 5, 2013 at 11:05 pm

Bring it Back!!!! So many ways for it to go on and stay nail-biting! Great first season ending. Shocking in every way. Love it so pleeeez bring her back. Thanks

Anonymous May 5, 2013 at 11:02 pm

Keep it

Lori wessman May 5, 2013 at 11:00 pm

Please don’t cancel red widow! It’s amazing!!!!