Revolution

Revolution TV series on NBCNetwork: NBC
Episodes: 42 (hour)
Seasons: Two

TV show dates: September 17, 2012 — May 21, 2014
Series status: Cancelled

Performers include: Billy Burke, Tracy Spiridakos, Anna Lise Phillips, Graham Rogers, JD Pardo, Zak Orth, Maria Howell, David Lyons, Giancarlo Esposito, Tim Guinee, Elizabeth Mitchell, Derek Webster, and Daniella Alonso.

TV show description:
This dramatic science-fiction TV series explores the question “What would you do without it all?” A family struggles to reunite in an American landscape where every single piece of technology — computers, refrigerators, air conditioners, planes, cars, phones, lights — has mysteriously stopped working. Electrical power has simply gone away. The show also revolves around the idea of family — both the family you’re born into and the family you choose.

Charlie Matheson (Tracy Spiridakos) is the headstrong, curious and daring daughter of Rachel (Elizabeth Mitchell) and Ben Matheson (Tim Guinee). Ben is hiding a mysterious secret about the blackout. Maggie (Anna Lise Phillips), a medical doctor, became involved with him following his wife’s death.

When Charlie’s younger and thoughtful brother, Danny (Graham Rogers), is kidnapped by militia leaders, she must reconnect with her estranged uncle Miles Matheson (Billy Burke), a former US Marine and warrior who’s living as a recluse.

Together, with a rogue band of survivors, they set out to rescue Danny, overthrow the militia and ultimately re-establish the United States of America. All the while, they explore the enduring mystery of why the power failed and how or if it will ever return.

The rebel group includes fighter Nora (Daniella Alonso); General “Bass” Monroe (David Lyons), a former Marine who served alongside Miles; and Aaron (Zak Orth), a former Google executive and a computer genius who’s ill-prepared for the rigors of the technology-less world.

Captain Tom Neville (Giancarlo Esposito), a cultured former insurance adjuster turned Monroe Republic leader and Nate Walker (JD Pardo) is a member of the militia who has conflicted feelings for Charlie.

Series Finale:
Episode #42 — Declaration of Independence
Miles (Billy Burke), Charlie (Tracy Spiridakos) and Monroe (David Lyons) launch an attack on the Patriots, but must improvise a risky new plan in order to halt the oncoming war between California and Texas. Out for revenge, Neville (Giancarlo Esposito) sets his sights on President Davis (guest star Cotter Smith). Meanwhile, Aaron (Zak Orth) and Rachel’s (Elizabeth Mitchell) efforts to save Priscilla (guest star Maureen Sebastian) from the nano-tech has unexpected consequences.
First aired: May 21, 2014.

What do you think? Do you like the Revolution TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for another season?

Canceled and renewed TV show

1,586 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Nick Jury says

I watched the first season and was hesitant about getting into the second season. But the plot took an interesting, positive turn and it was an extremely entertaining season. I really enjoy the chemistry between the cast members. The show definitely needs to be renewed!

2. diane says

This is ONE show that my 17 year old son and I can connect over. We have not missed an episode in either season, and don’t PLAN TO!!!!! We love this show…. PLEASE renew!!!!!!

3. J Stephen says

I think the TV series Revolution is a great show… it is one of the very few syndicated productions I will watch. I really hope that this show is renewed for a number of seasons!

4. Lorene Murray says

Please do not cancel this show. I love this show. It’s so different from anything else. I am tired of all the cops and lawyer shows. And put it back on at 9pm central time. I work until 7pm and as it is now, I miss the first part.

5. CJ says

I love this show and look forward to watching it every week. It is different from the shows that are out there to watch now.

6. Cheryl Ditsch says

Revolution is a great show! My husband and I are clued to the TV when it’s on. If for some reason we can’t watch it when it’s on, we record it. Love, love, love this show!

7. Phil says

I can not tell you how much I enjoy this show. I must see every episode. I have cancelled meetings so I can watch it. This is one TV series that I hope will stay on for a long time. It gives some insight on how man will act and react to the loss of a formal government and authority. God help us if this ever happens. Thankyou for this series and I have all of the available DVDs

8. Tina Tinnin says

I am furious at the thought that they (whoever theses people are) might cancell Revolution. It is like Jerico all over again. They will cancell a great show like this but keep adding more Law and Order CSI spin offs. It is getting to the point that maybe just forget about prime time and just watch old shows on Net Flex.

9. says

My wife and I have enjoyed Revolution since it began and we still do. We record the shows we might not be home for and watch them later. I bought the DVD to catch up on any shows that we may have missed. This show has a stark sense of realism to it. How would we act if there suddenly was no electricity. There is a strong chance that nanobots may soon be a reality if not already so on some level. At some point in time nanobots will be able to rid our bodies of disease and maybe even control the weather. So the theory that they can absorb electricity is not so far fetched. We love the show and the characters. Hope it isn’t cancelled.

10. Bill says

I of course agree to not cancel, they show has been riveting. But I fear that I will have 4 years devoted to the show and then it will be cancelled due to stories becoming fillers and non-eventful as LOST was in mid-years.
    How long can the show go on? Because it is a continuing story I don’t see it lasting like an episode independent show like Gunsmoke and other long running series.
    Maybe it is too early but perhaps if it is around 5-6 years the producers should think about announcing that it would end in 2-3 years.