Round Two: Which TV Show Should Be Saved from Being Cancelled?

Chuck and FringeIn the first round of this “smackdown” game, we asked you to make a difficult choice. From a list of more than 30 TV shows that could potentially be cancelled this season, you could vote for only one.

Interestingly, though all series have their fans, some shows didn’t get very many votes at all. When viewers have to choose only one, these got the short end of the stick ‘Til Death, Brothers, the forgotten, and Past Life only received votes totaling in the single digits. Past Life has been cancelled already and the other three almost certainly won’t be returning next season either.

Conversely, six other TV shows are clear favorites. Better Off Ted, Castle, Chuck, Fringe, Medium, and Trauma all received a high percentage of the 1,600 votes cast.

Round Two: Which bubble show should be saved?

• Trauma (7%)
  • Medium (7%)
  • Fringe (23%)
  • Chuck (24%)
  • Castle (28%)
  • Better Off Ted (11%)

Total Votes: 3,035

Loading ... Loading ...

Well, now it’s time to move on to the next round of the game. We’ve taken the top six shows from the first round and now you get to vote again. Hopefully round two will be easier than the first.

As always, you can vote only once. At the end of this round, we’ll take the top two programs and ask you to choose again. By the end of round three we’ll have a winner and know which “bubble ” you’d like to see saved most.

Don’t delay, this round closes on Sunday, March 7th. Come on, tell us which bubble show would you save if you had the power to do so?

After you’ve voted, leave a comment below and share your decision. You might just convince someone to follow your lead!

UPDATE: This round has been closed, continue to round three!

Angela March 5, 2010 at 5:44 pm

You better keep Castle on because the writing is & dialog is Sharp!!! It’s a great cast also. I love all the relationship. With his daughter & mother, between Beckett & Castle, & Castle & the other 2 detectives! What’s not to like about this one? Nothing. And it promotes reading & writing & imagination. It’s fun to watch & one of my favorites to watch every week! Please keep it on & renew it for more seasons!

Shelley March 5, 2010 at 4:33 pm

Fringe is the best TV show I’ve seen in years if you take this away from me I won’t watch regular TV any longer.
Shelley

Catnip March 5, 2010 at 11:36 am

I would save MEDIUM and CASTLE. I can’t decide between the 2. I think CSI MIAMI should go. It’s outlived it’s intelligence, it did over 2 years ago. Dump that one and keep MEDIUM and CASTLE.

loretta March 5, 2010 at 6:51 am

SAVE LEGEND OF THE SEEKER. IS NOT LIST BUT IS BEST SHOW

Cheryl Rochon March 5, 2010 at 1:05 am

DONT even think of considering to cancel CASTLE. This is the BEST show on tv. GREAT CAST, time slot and day. This show should last for years. VERY Entertaining!!!
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this show. Every monday night at 10pm my husband and I will be found sitting in front of the tv.

Chris March 4, 2010 at 7:47 pm

Castle is worth staying up late to watch. Great show!

Cathy March 4, 2010 at 7:46 pm

This is a great show… mystery, humor, suspense, and a touching relationship between Castle and his daughter. Good chemistry between Beckett and Castle too. I love this show!

Bethann March 4, 2010 at 7:23 pm

PLEASE keep Fringe!! This show keeps me entertained for the entire hour. It’s the best of the SciFi genre with exciting plots, new ideas, interesting and fresh storylines…all presented with heart. The other shows listed are good, but have had their moment in the sun and need to retire and make room for something smart and exciting like Fringe! Reality shows are yesterday’s news and boring! More shows like Fringe PLEASE!

Deborah March 4, 2010 at 6:51 pm

I am hooked on on Fringe, and I think quite a few others are also. It is really hard for this show to compete with the Thursday night line up. Look whatis on Thursday nights. CSI, Grays Anatomy, Supernatuaral, the mentalist, etc. Thursday night is the best night of television, how can it not be hard for any show to compete.. Take some of these idiotic reality shows off. This show is a great time!!!

Taylor March 4, 2010 at 5:30 pm

save trauma its a good show …..
im still upset just from past life being canceled ….
it was my favorite show ….
it was like someone really got what i belived in for once …..
oh well////

Chester March 4, 2010 at 4:16 pm

It really doesn’t matter to those of us on the bottum of the food chain , but to the sponsors who wish us to buy their products , you might want to listen occasionaly. Fringe is a good adult entertaining show, as are some of the other non braindead shows. But whatever the network wheels decide is fine as long as flashpoint returns before the next millenium

Diana March 4, 2010 at 8:56 am

this is one great show, you never know who is the bad guy until the end, well casted and great chemistry between castle and becket

Ben March 3, 2010 at 8:25 pm

Fringe is an awesome show. I think its chances are pretty good to come back. With Lost off the air in May, I need my weekly Abrams fix!

However, if I could, I would save Better Off Ted. I loved this show! I soaked up every minute of it. Typical that unique and funny material gets the boot. I’ll miss it.

I do watch Medium, but it’s now six years old. I still enjoy the family drama and the “medium” entanglements. As long as it goes out on a high (and creative) note, I’m sure I’ll be entertained.

kat March 3, 2010 at 2:37 pm

If a person wants to be really entertained, laughing and a good time- follow the antics of all the zany characters on CHUCK. It is is a comedy where you care. All the characters are worth rooting for. Definitely not boring.

Bill March 3, 2010 at 3:07 pm

Kat- you speak the truth!!!!

HB March 5, 2010 at 7:44 am

Yeah man how the heck did Chuck get to be in this pole, it’s great entertainment, didn’t know it could be canceled.

Kayla L March 3, 2010 at 8:39 am

SAVE TRAUMA!! its an actual real show about the real lives of firefighters like me!! do we really want to watch shows about heroes and villans and si fi shows!?! no..they have a whole network for that on channel 34! keep the real stuff on that people can relate to! SAVE TRAUMA AND MERCY!! and yes, i do love chuck too!

joan March 3, 2010 at 3:02 pm

I don’t think we need any more real life shows. We see enough of them now.

DRTigerlilly March 5, 2010 at 4:58 pm

It’s not a reality show, if that’s what you’re getting at. I think what she means to say is that it explores the lives of our real unsung heroes.