Scandal: Season Three Ratings

Scandal season three ratingsLast season, the ratings for ABC‘s Scandal were bigger than they had been in year one. Will this show continue to get more popular in season three? We’ll have to wait and find out.

On Scandal, Olivia Pope (Kerry Washington) protects the images of the most powerful people in Washington but now it’s her own reputation that needs help. This season, the cast also includes Tony Goldwyn, Katie Lowes, Bellamy Young, Scott Foley, Guillermo Diaz, Columbus Short, Joshua Malina, Jeff Perry, and Darby Stanchfield.

5/8 update: ABC has renewed Scandal for a fourth season.

Final season averages: 3.0 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 9.11 million total viewers.

Note: If you’re not seeing the updated charts, please try reloading the page. You can also see them here.

For comparisons: The second season of Scandal averaged a 2.5 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 7.48 million total viewers.

What do you think? Do you still like the Scandal TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or be renewed for a fourth season?

Canceled and renewed TV show

16 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. says

I love the whole show. I don’t mind those two in a relationship, but I did like it when Mellie was involved with another man. I hope it’s not cancelled. It’s more than those three. The whole story line and back door antics are interesting to me.

2. Lorraine says

Enough All ready. Mellie get out of the old bath Robe and stupid Boots.
    I think Jake and Mellie should get together. Olivia is beautiful but Mellie is
    Gorgeous. Enough with Fritz and Olivia.

3. Sunnyboy014 says

Hello there. For episode 10 i know two number of viewers. First 9,37 Mio. and second 9,22 Mio. Do you know which of them is correct?

4. sj says

I want my SCANDAL BACK !!! Thursdays are not the same !!! : \ They went back to BORING !!! it’s along WAIT til the fall season …. : \

5. Wendy Hobbs says

Please reconsider canceling this show. So many families can relate to this show and the subjects it deals with. I watch this show faithfully every week. Please do not cancel.

6. bren says

Do not cancel Scandal !!!
    love it … keeps me on the edge of my seat… i can usually figure things out with other mystery, drama shows… but this one? No way! Please do not cancel Scandal!

7. Linda says

This is a great show. I look forward to it each week. The fire and passion portrayed is awesome. I hope they renew it.

8. AD says

IMO, Scandal is one of the best shows on network TV. It keeps you guessing and enthralled at the same time. I have 4 sisters that I now call weekly just to talk about it. One works in an ER and says when Scandal comes on, whoever comes in better be really hurting or they will be! (LOL) A co-worker’s wife has Scandal breakfast on Friday morning with the neighbors after kids go to school. I’ve gotten several people hooked on this show. They all say the wait between episodes is too long. And cutting Season 3 to 18 shows may cause a riot or increased cases of depression! Awesome show…

9. donna says

I just started watching this show after hearing/reading all the hype surrounding it. I am not disappointed. I don’t watch that many series and this one is definitely a must see.

10. L M says

On of the most well-written shows on TV. Keeps you on the edge of your seat. I do not always like the content, but the actors are excellent.

11. Jim J. says

“Scandal”‘s Season 3 episode order has been cut from 22 to 18, probably because the producers decided not to incorporate star Kerry Washington’s pregnancy into the show’s storyline.