Shark Tank: Renewed for Season Four with Biggest Season Yet

fourth season for Shark tank“The sharks are back…” or, at least they will be. ABC is renewing Shark Tank, their Friday night reality show, for a full fourth season.

This season has featured entrepreneurs Robert Herjavec, Kevin O’Leary, Barbara Corcoran, Daymond John, Mark Cuban, Kevin Harrington, and Lori Greiner (replacing Corcoran on selected episodes).

The entrepreneurial series, the US version of Dragon’s Den, has always been on the verge of cancellation each season but this year, that’s not the case at all.

Airing on Friday nights, Shark Tank has been averaging 1.6 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 5.70 million total viewers. It often wins its timeslot and has improved the network’s performance in the timeslot. Year-to-year, Shark Tank is up by 14% in the demo and 15% in total viewership.

The season four renewal comes with the show’s biggest episode order to date. ABC has asked for 22 installments right out of the gate.

At the end of this season, Shark Tank will have amassed 38 installments. The third season finale airs on May 18th.

ABC won’t officially announce their 2012-13 schedule until next week but Shark Tank is expected to return in the fall.

What do you think? Are you glad to hear the show’s coming back with a big season? Who’s your favorite shark?

Chloe October 11, 2013 at 9:30 pm

That voice over is a deal killer for us! If I heard that in the middle of the night, I would be terrified. Sooo creepy!

JUDY WILSON March 16, 2013 at 7:14 am

the show is wonderful,but the noise is unbearable
can’t hear what their saying,whoever thought noise would add to the show
needs their head examined,EJ

Bobbi Michalski July 27, 2012 at 8:09 am

This is my favorite reality show.. Sharks are great especially Robert! Plus great to see ppls ideas.

Juli June 15, 2012 at 9:30 pm

I feel the reason they have Lori fill in occasionally is that a entrepreneur may have a product potentially suited for an informercial setting and they want the give that person a fair shake at getting their product into the right market.

Dan June 11, 2012 at 8:09 pm

It’s a very inspiring show for anyone with an idea and ambition to go in front of the Sharks and negotiate a deal.
I have been a loyal fan for the last couple of years and as long as it airs.

Ryan May 11, 2012 at 1:49 pm

Glad to see it back!! I love this show! Any word on Last Man Standing?

admin May 11, 2012 at 6:43 pm

Ryan » Not yet.

Jim July 21, 2012 at 11:21 am

Am glad to hear Shark Tank has been renewed. I watch it all the time, as well as the Canadian – Dragon’s Den version.
One thing that might improve the ratings is to lower the theme/music volume on Shark Tank. It is very difficult to hear the voices over the loud background noise.
Being able to hear the conversations might help boost the ratings.

Christopher May 10, 2012 at 10:21 pm

I guess maybe that’s the same for Barbara too then… it seems she rarely gets in on a deal and doesn’t say as much compared to the others. She has seemed more involved especially with the last episode and the guy with the custom bike idea so maybe she’s changing a bit.

Christopher May 10, 2012 at 9:25 pm

That’s good news. I think this is one of the best ‘reality shows’ out there. After EVER single show I am sitting there saying to myself “why didn’t I think of that?” because some of these folks ideas are so good! I will say I was worried about Mark Cuban being added but that’s because I thought he was going to be cocky – turns out he is one of my favorite sharks now. I do miss Kevin Harrington though. Does anyone know why he left? I also was afraid they were trying to replace Barbara with Lori – especially since I read how hard Barbara fought to keep the show from being cancelled. Hopefully that’s not why they are having Lori fill in. I would prefer them have an additional shark full time or rotate like they are doing now, rather than replace one because all the current sharks fit the show perfectly. Just goes to show that you sometimes have to give a show a season or two to find and grow an audience.

admin May 10, 2012 at 9:36 pm

Christopher » I suspect Kevin Harrington was replaced because he wasn’t adding much to the show. He was pretty reserved and that doesn’t make great TV.