Smallville: What Did You Think of the Last Episode?

Smallville last episodeTonight, after 10 seasons and more than 200 episodes, Smallville said goodbye. The last season and series finale were packed with treats for fans of the long-running TV show.

Despite having died in past seasons, the producers found ways to bring back Jonathan Kent (John Schneider) and Lionel Luthor (John Glover). Ma Kent (Annette O’Toole) returned in time to attend the wedding of her son (Tom Welling) and the love of his life, Lois Lane (Erica Durance).

And, of course, Chloe (Allison Mack) and Oliver (Justin Hartley) had active roles in trying to stop Darkseid. Even Lex Luthor himself, Michael Rosenbaum, made an appearance and took out his sister (Cassidy Freeman) along the way.

What was your favorite part of the finale? The clips and allusions to past episodes? The return of Lex Luthor? The use of the classic Superman theme music from the movies? A glimpse of Jimmy Olsen? Or, Clark finally putting on the suit and embracing his destiny as Superman?

How would you rate the last episode of Smallville? A fitting end to a beloved series or did they try to do too much? Did you feel cheated that you only got quick glimpses of Clark in the suit?

zeus April 30, 2013 at 11:14 pm

No wonder the show was stopped.
is a series full of s..t.
series sucks bad.
aliens…who believes in aliens more than God?
crazy fool.
church, stopped the show, not Obama.

Anonymous July 12, 2012 at 5:10 am

I was disappointed; even the comics showed Clark Kent marrying Lois Lane. Why wasn’t the series continued? I think someone could have come up with a better finale if they knew there wasn’t going to be a season 11.

Muse2Greats April 28, 2012 at 11:05 pm

I fell upon this site while looking to see what ever happened to Smallville. I lost interest several seasons ago and never got back with it; Moving on to other shows instead.
Anyways, I decided to do a bit of digging because after reading the above and the comments I remembered hearing before Reeves passed something about “No Tights, No Flight”. Well, after a bit of searching I came to this link and it is interesting. http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/smallville-why-we-didn-t-192811
Although, I didn’t see the finale, I probably wouldn’t have been happy, but most likely wouldn’t have been disappointed either. I think it’s a great feat for a show to go on for 10 seasons and still have a huge fan base. When it started I watched and realized that it wasn’t really about the superman we all came to love and watch when we were growing up. It was more about the character Clark Kent and him growing up and learning about himself and the world. The show I think started having problems when they had to start bringing in new characters and were trying to head in a direction towards Superman.
The finale may not have been produced, directed, written very well, but it was probably fitting for a last and final episode of good bye. I think now they could do a whole new show based entirely on Superman like the original movies, but where would they go with that.
I’ll miss it, but mostly because of earlier episodes.
Just My 2 cents

Skipper April 19, 2012 at 4:15 am

I was very disappointed. My family and I watched all the episodes. It was a favorite of ours and we all looked forward to Clark putting on his suit and continuing the adventure as superman. Why would they move the series to Friday? Not that is mattered to me but every time CW puts out a series that develops fans they move it to Friday so it will die. I for one will not watch anymore series on CW just to see it moved to Friday and then cancelled. What’s wrong with these producers? Smallville could have run for years to come and possibly become one of, if not the longest, running series in history. CW, you’re a PUTZ…… By the way, we haven’t watched anything produced by CW in over a year.

CKT February 1, 2012 at 1:29 am

I argue with anonymous….because that was the weakest ending ever…all that bulid up for a dramatic fight n he jus glue right thro the guy…and the green arrow taking out the 3 bad guys by himself com on he could’ve got more heros to help him out jus for the fans action….at the beginning I loved but I was really expecting more…I love all the characters n luxe coming back….I really wish they’d.com back for one more season or atleast a justifying last episode…people can’t replace this show ever even if the CW brought out a new show smalleville will has to be their number one success!!!!

Dan Kinsman July 12, 2011 at 4:20 pm

I think it was a great finale. Well written. Great plot and finish and Clark finally has all his powers as Superman. We got to see him in the suit and fly. Johnathan his earth father and Jor El both help him to remember Smallville in the Fortress. Great episode. Great ending and Darkseid is defeated. Earth is saved. On a scale of 1 to 10 and 10 being the best I give the Smallville series finale a 10. I am a Superman fan with hundreds of comics and have read each one and know each villain and story line over the last 30 or forty years I can say so.

Anonymous October 13, 2011 at 12:20 pm

are you serious? the last episode was one of the worst finale episodes i’ve ever seen the episode with doomsday was a more epic fight than this one against darkseid, throughout the whole series everyone was waiting to see clark in his superman outfit but all we got in the end was the same thing throughout the last couple of seasons, a big red blue blur.

Mario R. July 8, 2011 at 3:04 pm

I feel cheated. They should continue with Clark living as Superman and facing this new live and the new threats to come…

Dan B. June 23, 2011 at 12:11 pm

I didnt mind the last show. I liked how they brought back most of the old characters. I think they should have brought back lana she was always one of my favorite characters. I missed her throughout the series the most. I liked it the most when clark and lana were dating. I think they should have had lana and clark have a momen