The Crazy Ones

The Crazy OnesNetwork: CBS
Episodes: 22 (half-hour)
Seasons: One

TV show dates: September 26, 2013 – April 17, 2014
Series status: Cancelled

Performers include: Robin Williams, Sarah Michelle Gellar, James Wolk, Hamish Linklater, and Amanda Setton.

current TV show

TV show description:
In this sitcom, Simon Roberts (Robin Williams) is the head of a powerful Chicago advertising agency. He’s a genius at his job and uses his unorthodox methods and unpredictable behavior to land the biggest clients and brands in the world. Even more important to him is having his daughter Sydney by his side.

Sydney (Sarah Michelle Gellar) is also Simon’s partner and his exact opposite. Eager to make a name for herself, she’s focused and organized. Unfortunately, she has to spend a lot of her time parenting her father. That would be a bigger problem if he wasn’t so brilliant at his job.

Also working at the agency are dashing Zach Cropper (James Wolk); hardworking and neurotic art director Andrew Keanelly (Hamish Linklater); and Lauren Slotsky (Amanda Setton), the agency’s beautiful and deceptively smart assistant.

With his team and his daughter behind him, Simon continues to set the advertising world on fire.
space

Series Finale

Episode #22 — “The Lighthouse”
When a corporation wants to buy out Lewis, Roberts+Roberts, Gordon calls in the board to vote, and Simon’s ex-wife and Sydney’s mom has the final say.
First aired: April 17, 2014

space
What do you think? Do you like The Crazy Ones TV series? Do you think it should have been cancelled or renewed for a second season?

R.Lipinski May 14, 2014 at 2:18 pm

Love this show,please don’t cancel.

Lee May 14, 2014 at 1:42 pm

Loved the show and the cast. Sorry to hear it was cancelled. Now there are only two shows on CBS worth watching – Good Wife and NCIS.

mary May 13, 2014 at 6:19 pm

get rid of sarah michelle geller and it would be much better.

Steph May 12, 2014 at 11:15 pm

Great show! I think the Network executives are “The Crazy Ones” for cancelling this show!!! The entire cast is superb, which is rare! What a ridiculous waste of talent to not allow this show to move forward!!!

rob howard May 10, 2014 at 7:10 pm

The show was starting to come into its own, I watched every episode. Should have let them have a second season, I have seen worse shows turn around and be very good.

Jax John May 10, 2014 at 6:48 pm

LOVE this show; great cast, light humor and Robin Williams. Win, Win and Win.

Queen May 10, 2014 at 3:18 pm

Love the Crazy Ones. Funniest new show.

Gary May 10, 2014 at 4:32 pm

Sorry to say folks, but this morning the hammer came down on The Crazy Ones and the show has OFFICIALLY been cancelled. A big thank you to Robin Williams, Sarah Michelle Gellar, James Wolk, Hamish Linklater and Amanda Setton for a truly fabulous show. Hopefully, we’ll see all of you again in the near future.

Phyllis Atwell May 11, 2014 at 12:05 pm

it is always sad to get this type of news. I was a big fan of the show. The characters were amazing. The writing was tremendous. And I thoroughly enjoyed it every week. The replacement shell, bad teacher, is an absolute piece of trash. I am so sorry that the network has chosen to cancel this particular show. If it wasn’t for the Big Bang Theory I might never II would say there are no good shows on your network anymore. Too bad.

Gary May 11, 2014 at 12:34 pm

Well said Phyllis. I totally agree.

Larry Hughes May 10, 2014 at 12:44 am

At first I did not like this show even though Robin Williams and the rest of the cast are great. But after I watched the 2nd episode and started watching it every week, I really started looking forward to it every week. I am glad they have not cancelled it. There are lots of crappy shows that survive so I am glad someone showed some sense and keep this one. I was beginning to think there wasn’t anything on TV for me to watch anymore.

Phyllis Atwell May 9, 2014 at 5:48 am

I LOVE this show! PLEASE do NOT cancel this show. I love the actors, the plots, the guest stars, and the genius behind it all. Do not take this one away!

KathyAC May 9, 2014 at 12:49 am

This show is great!! My “new favorite”! The writing is exquisite, the acting, direction and production are perfect! I honestly do not think I can handle it if this show is cancelled….

Mike McCool May 5, 2014 at 5:50 pm

I think this is a great show. The genius of Robin Williams is win win. He has a good support group of actor’s that have their own story to tell. This makes the show more fun to watch. Sarah Geller as his daughter tring to reine in her father and not getting done. James Wolk Hamish Linklater and Amanda Setton round out the cast with good looks and quirky pranks. The only issues I have with this show is that it needs to be on earlier.

BillyBoy April 27, 2014 at 11:45 pm

Fabulous show, great showplace for Sarah, best show she’s had since Buffy.
YES!! KEEP IT!!

Jerry Kaufman Meyers April 22, 2014 at 10:34 pm

I think that The Crazy Ones should be renewed for another season because it’s the only comedy show I think is funny.

marcia petty April 22, 2014 at 6:38 pm

Please don’t cancel The Crazy Ones!! It just needs to find an audience & it will. I have watched it from the beginning because of Robin Williams. He is a comedic genius!!! This show should be given every chance to succeed.

deb rose April 21, 2014 at 3:18 pm

My husband & I love this show! I saw preview of bad teacher- WILL NOT WATCH THAT! Keep the good shows on.