The Glades: Cancelled Next or Renewed for Season Five?

The Glades canceled or renewed for season five?Season four of The Glades concluded this week but the show hasn’t been renewed yet. Will it return for season five or will it be cancelled instead?

For those who haven’t seen it, The Glades follows a cocky Chicago detective (Matt Passmore) who moves to South Florida in hopes of finding a more relaxing way of life. He finds instead that he’s busier than ever. Others in the dramedy’s cast include Kiele Sanchez, Carlos G√≥mez, Uriah Shelton, Jordan Wall, and Michelle Hurd.

Season four of the show averaged 2.59 million viewers, down by 14% when compared to season three’s average (3.01 million). It’s the lowest-rated of A&E‘s three scripted dramas but hit a new high with its recent finale and an audience of 3.41 million.

While The Glades was the series to help A&E establish itself as a channel with scripted content, things aren’t looking too good for the show’s future. The ratings are down and the show is produced by Fox Television Studios so the cable channel doesn’t have a financial stake in its future.

According to Deadline, the show’s outlook isn’t bright but A&E hasn’t cancelled it yet.

After four seasons, there are 49 episodes of The Glades. That’s not enough for a syndication package but it might be close enough to give Fox incentive to make some kind of special deal to keep it going — either with A&E or another outlet. It would help if there were an appropriate Fox-owned channel but there isn’t.

For now, we’ll have to wait and see. If the show is cancelled, hopefully the producers will tell fans how the fourth season cliffhanger would have been resolved.

What do you think? Would you like to see a fifth season renewal or is it time for The Glades to be cancelled instead?

UPDATE: A&E has cancelled The Glades after four seasons.

cath & Mike Mason June 28, 2014 at 6:56 pm

BRING IT BACK. IT IS A RILLIANT SHOW

Marjo June 28, 2014 at 3:05 pm

Please keep this show going it is one of the best out there.

susan June 27, 2014 at 12:15 am

I would definitely love to see another season. This show is awesome. No way can we be left hanging like that. Please have a season 5. You owe it to us and the cast and to the producer of this show. Definitely one of my number one shows….. Please don’t cancel

Heather June 26, 2014 at 8:47 pm

I love this show ! Me and my family just found The Glade on Netflix we loved it all four season in less then a week could be leave it was cancel I hate when they do this we need closer … the 4400 they did this to the..Jericho .., I’m get to point off this and want watch series any more just movies …all these stupit reality shows …I’m think about cancel A&E from my life and family …. u could at least finished it .. I would watch this more then law an order and I been watching from the begging…. duck dynasty is my son favor it but he not happy about the glades and tried off it to…

Glenna June 27, 2014 at 6:42 am

This is one of the best show’s I have seen in a long time, “SO” is Jim dead! really come on A&E bring The Glades back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ALycia June 26, 2014 at 1:59 am

I love this show! I don’t have cable so I watch on netflix. I could harldy wait for season 4 now this. . . . Please bring it back!!!!!

Debbie June 25, 2014 at 10:25 pm

Wow. Way too many shows get you hooked and then just disappear for one reason or another. You can’t get us hooked and then drop the cliffhanger and cancel the show leaving it all to the imagination. Bring it back. Have a wedding. Then move on if you have to

Anonymous June 25, 2014 at 10:19 pm

Way to go A & E cancel a great show bring back season 5

Ginger June 25, 2014 at 9:19 pm

Loved the show-being it back with some closure!

Barbara June 25, 2014 at 7:31 pm

At least they should not have left us hanging it is totally unfair to the viewers.

victoria June 25, 2014 at 6:09 pm

We need to know if Jim Lives….This is by far one of the best shows I’ve seen in a long while. I am picky about what I watch!!!

Debra June 25, 2014 at 4:55 pm

They better bring it back why are the good shows always canceled?

0.7297483294435576 June 25, 2014 at 3:56 pm

Please renew so we’re not left hanging thinking Jim is dead.
The mystery continues. We need closure.

Barbara June 25, 2014 at 3:55 pm

With Jim shot during wedding festivities, it seems imperative to at least film a few more episodes to bring a happier ending for those of us who’ve watched and enjoyed since the beginning. The mystery continues. Not fair leaving us not knowing.

Sugarcake June 25, 2014 at 5:56 am

I would love to see season 5!!!!!!

aprille June 24, 2014 at 6:31 pm

hi, I realy liked the show. I don’t want it to be canceled. it was getting good because he was getting that night. out of the blue he got shot. he couldn’t get to his phone and I think his gun then past out. she is waiting for him to show up. that’s not good to leave like that. I wanted to see them get married. just have to wait and see what happens. thanks aprille